When it comes to alternative medicine or home remedy, sometimes people still have such thought like whether it is a fact or it is just a myth. One of the simple examples is like the benefits of guava for dengue fever. When someone is suffering from dengue fever, he or she will be recommended to consume a lot of guava juice; the reason is because it could help increasing the amount of thrombosis. Is it a fact or a myth?
- Health Benefits Plum Fruits
- Health Benefits of Apricot Seeds
- Health Benefits of Nectarine
- Health Benefits of Eating Dried Apricots
- Benefits Cherries Healthy Beauty
What Is Guava?
Guava is very popular tropical fruit and the most popular variety of guava is coming from Myrtle family with scientific name Psidum guajava which has red flesh and sweet flavor. As tropical fruit, guava is very common and widely found in Asia region but guava is actually originated from tropical region of America from Central America like Mexico up to Caribbean region and Asia only adopted guava until it now commercially cultivated.
- Health Benefits of Annatto Seeds
- Health Benefits of Mangoesteen Peel
- Health Benefits of Dogfruit
- Health Benefits of Ugli Fruit
- Health Benefits of Petai Beans
What is Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever or yellow fever is type of diseases caused by dengue virus spread by Aedes mosquito which is transmitted through mosquito bites. A person who is suffering from dengue fever may have some symptoms like sudden high fever, vomiting, muscle pains and the most distinctive symptoms from dengue fever is characteristic skin rashes.
Dengue fever is a very dangerous condition because the dengue virus is damaging the body cells, especially platelet which is essential particle to form thrombus which is also well known as thrombosis which has prominent role in distributing nutrients and oxygen throughout the body. Wrong treatment of this fever could be really fatal.
- Health Benefits of Indian Gooseberry
- Health Benefits of African Mango
- Health Benefits of Jujube Fruits
- Health Benefits of Malay Apple
- Belinjau Health Benefits
Nutritional Value of Guava
Serving Size: 100 g
|– Dietary Fiber||5.4 g|
|– Sugar||8.92 g|
|Vitamin A||31 µg – 4%|
|– Beta carotene||374 µg – 3%|
|Vitamin B1 – Thiamine||0.067 mg – 6%|
|Vitamin B2 – Riboflavin||0.04 mg – 3%|
|Vitamin B3 – Niacin||1.084 mg – 7%|
|Vitamin B5 – Panthothenic Acids||0.451 mg – 9%|
|Vitamin B6||0.11 mg – 8%|
|Vitamin B9 – Folate||49 µg – 12%|
|Vitamin C||228.3 mg – 275%|
|Vitamin K||2.2 µg – 2%|
|Calcium||18 mg – 2%|
|Iron||0.26 mg – 2%|
|Magnesium||22 mg – 6%|
|Manganese||0.15 mg – 7%|
|Phosphorus||40 mg – 6%|
|Potassium||417 mg – 9%|
|Zinc||0.23 mg – 2%|
- Health Benefits of Kiwi Fruits
- Health Benefits of Water Apple
- Health Benefits of Kumquats
- Health Benefits of Chikoo
- Health Benefits Pomelo
So, what is the main role of guava for dengue fever? Is is true that guava could help increasing the amount of thrombosis? Well, some list of the benefits of guava for dengue fever below may answer some of your questions.
- Vitamin C Accelerates Recovery
Since there is no specific treatment to dengue fever, accelerating the recovery process is one of the solution available. Vitamin C could assist in this matter and guava contains quite high amount of vitamin C which is even higher than orange.
- Guava Juice Prevents Dehydration
Guava contains a lot of water and drinking juice made of guava could prevent patients from dehydration which could be worse by regular vomit. However, you are only recommended to drink unsweetened guava juice to avoid increased urination that could worsen the dehydration.
You may also want to read:
- Health Benefits of Betel Leaf
- Health Benefits of Banaba Leaves
- Health Benefits of Katuk Plant
- Health Benefits of Ginseng Coffee
- Improves Immunity System
Antioxidants and vitamin C found in guava is essential to improve immunity system to prevent further infection from other viruses that could cause complication.
- Health Benefits of Starfruit
- Health Benefits of Lychee
- Health Benefits of Breadnut
- Health Benefits Mangoesteen Seeds
- Health Benefits of Langsat Fruit
- Rich of Fiber to Improve Digestion
Fiber found in guava could help patients having healthy digestion, so all foods they consumed will be optimally absorbed to accelerate the recovery process. Because during illness, vomiting could regularly occur, so optimal absorption of nutrients is essential in this critical condition.
You may also read:
- Natural Source of Energy
During fever, weak, fatigue and nausea are common symptoms and then this condition is worsen by regular vomiting. You need energy to recover and guava contains relatively high amount of sugar as the natural and quite safe source of energy without causing the spike of glucose.
- Prevents Further Vomiting
The sweet flavor of guava could help preventing further vomiting. By consuming guava juice you could help controlling your urge to vomit and at the same time stay dehydrated.
- Health Benefits of Dragon Fruits
- Health Benefits of Guava Seeds
- Health Benefits Bignay Fruits
- Health Benefits of Key Limes
- Health Benefits of Kaffir Lime
- Healthy Snack during Illness
No matter how sever your condition is you should eat for energy. However, it is easier to said than done but the sweet flavor of guava could be tasty snack during your illness which even children will love to chew some guava during their bed rest.
In summary, from the list of benefits of guava for dengue fever above you could say that the common knowledge about guava could treat dengue fever could be a fact and a myth. Why? It is a fact because guava may has some abilities to accelerate the recovery process which lead to the increase amount of platelet and it is also a myth because even until now there is no specific medicine or treatment to treat dengue fever but making sure the patients to always stay hydrated and in intensive bed rest.
- Health Benefits of Fruit Bintaro
- Scientific Health Benefits of Lulo Fruit
- Best Health Benefits of Ugli Fruit
- Health Benefits of Yuzu Fruit