22 Proven Health Benefits of Annatto Seeds (#No.2 is Insane)
Annatto seeds are normally consumed for cosmetic products ingredients, however, this article will give out explanation of many numbers of various health advantages that may make you grabbing for annatto seeds to combined on all your food recipes. The fruit and seeds are the very important fragment of the plant, which breeds in a grouping with pointy reddish pouch and seeds.
The Annatto tree is a tropical plant that grows in South America with the latin name Bixa Orellana. The flowers of this tropical plant are reddish, but the fruit is considered to be the most delicious part of the tree plant, made up of spiky brown and red pods that grow in a grouping. When those pods dry and break wide open, they produce seeds of a red color, from which red essence can be extracted.
|Annatto Nutritional value per 5 tea spoon|
|Energy 108 kcal|
|Dietary fiber||11 g|
|Folate (Vit. B9) 87.8g||22%|
|Vitamin C 21 mg||1%|
|Calcium 75 mg||5%|
|Percentages are relative for adults.|
This the tree plant is always regarded as the cosmetic tree. Hence, the food coloring and ingredients that are pulled from the seeds of this fruit is called annatto and has plenty of usages in modern times. Its heavy complexion causes it a top choice for food coloring, and it has many of consumption especially in cosmetics, but more swiftly, it has huge medicinal and herbal advantages that are only now being fully investigated.
You may also read:
- Health Benefits of Black Seed Oil and Honey
- Health Benefits of Jackfruit Seeds
- Health Benefits of Avocado Seed
- Health Benefits of Watermelon Seeds
1. Improve Eye Health
The reddish color of annatto seeds and the complexion extracted from them is because of the carotenoids contained in those seeds. This greater carotenoid substance will act as antioxidants in your visionary system and avoid the growth of cataracts, while also preventing macular degeneration, regulating your vision to always be fresh for years. That’s why always purchase annatto seeds if they are bright reddish.
2. Antioxidant Capacity
Annatto seeds, just like many similar seeds, are contained the much antioxidant substance. The paste of Annatto can be spread evenly to the skin can improve the fight against wrinkles, sun ray exposure and many other symptoms of getting olds, while eating the seeds serve many advantages for the body. Annatto is especially immersed in antioxidants that’s advantageous for skin health, that is one of the key factors it is normally inserted into cosmetic ingredients.
When searching for anti-aging medications for your skin, then annatto cream made from the seeds can be evenly applied to lower the signs of wrinkles, inflammation, and other dark spots, while also smoothing up the skin and shaping it to look youthful. More substance in annatto is tocotrienols that acts as antioxidants for body, which is beneficial to promote skin glow.
Fruits with high antioxidant sources:
- Health Benefits of Eating Apple Skin
- Benefits of Strawberry
- Health Benefits of Wood Apple
- Health Benefits of Turnips
3. Healthy Digestion
Annatto seeds are rich in fiber and able to boost the digestion of important nutrients. These two advantages help make annatto seeds a right selection to increase healthy absorption and avoid constipation. The fiber also contributed to reducing cholesterol and able to regulate diabetes, as it able to optimize the insulin intake and glucose levels in the bloodstream. Annatto has been transformed into a diabetic controlling herb for many generations.
4. Strengthen Bones
A greater level of calcium contained in annatto is one of the reasons of its benefits if you want to increase your bone density strength and assure strength and durability as you grow old. Osteoporosis can happen to anyone, so avoiding it with important minerals like calcium is important, making it less likely you will suffer from bone breaks.
Also read: Health Benefits of Trampolining
5. Prevent Birth Defects
There are a greater numbers of folic acid concentrated in annatto, and because there are lots of benefits of this vitamin, avoiding neural tube disease in newborn babies might be the most imperative of all and helping human babies develop properly while in the womb. Pregnant women are advised to increase their folic acid levels to avoid these types of dangerous conditions.
6. Promote Wound Healing
Due to the antioxidant properties of annatto, it is effective for healing minor skin wounds. The antioxidants encourage the production of healthy cells and tissues that will reduce scarring and skin damage. When you are writhing in pain from burns injury or wounds on the skin, or also anguishing from skin problem of any sort then annatto seed cream can be spread evenly to hasten the treatment process and lower the looking of the scar. Thus, the natural antimicrobial of this cream can try to avoid further infections.
7. Stomach Issues
Annatto has certain behavior that can reduce a troubled stomach, healing heartburn and reduce the pain of stomach cramps. Mixed it with herbal tea or other warm drink then annatto can serve stomach as a pain reliever. To helps a stomachache, annatto is often eating directly, as it works like a stomach acid, healing heartburn and soreness, which may be related to what you eat and also from viral infections to simply eating too much spicy stuff.
8. Possible Anti-Cancer Treatment
As a type of tree plant that is high in antioxidants, annatto tends to has benefits that will reduce the symptoms and spread of cancer tumors. Norbixin is one of the complexion contained in annatto seeds and is regarded to be a strong antioxidant. In recent papers, it was stated that norbixin has a distinctly anti-mutagenic response on healthy cells exhibited to cancer cells, concluding that annatto may be able to try to avoid many types of various cancers from growing. Antioxidants have an extensive role in preventing the growth of cancer.
- Benefits of Eating Buffalo Soup
- How to Prevents Cancer
- Symptoms of Lung Cancer
- Symptoms of Bone Cancer
9. Gonorrhea Solution:
Annatto has been confirmed over a long period of time to be efficient herbal remedies for gonorrhea. For those anguishing from the painful and dangerous condition, applying annatto cream either internally or externally can be very efficient for treating that typical diseases.
Maybe the most surprising health advantage of annatto is how efficient it is in the fight towards gonorrhea. Based on a study released in the International Journal of Pharmacy and Biomedical Research, annatto used widely both internally to outbreaks and taken externally was able to lower the side effects of gonorrhea. This may be because of the hindering of such enzyme that the plant provides.
10. Nutritional Benefits
Annatto content has amino acids, calcium, iron, and phosphorus, as well as vitamins B-2 and B-3. Annatto also contains beta-carotene and vitamin C, which is both potent antioxidants that help to avoid free-radical from affecting damage to your cells and DNA. However, annatto also has the phytochemicals cyanidin, ellagic acid, salicylic acid, saponins, and tannins. Phytochemicals are compounds found naturally in plants that help to heals and treat disease in humans.
Also read: Vitamin C Benefits
11. Protect and Strengthen the Kidneys
Annatto seeds and leaves have diuretic, antibacterial and bitter properties. In addition, that annatto seeds and leaves help to guards and enhances the kidneys. Annatto has been widely regarded as an aphrodisiac and to enhance weight loss, as well as to heal fevers, hepatitis, malaria, and dysentery.
- Health Benefits of Bitter Kola
- Health Benefits of Breadfruit Leaf Tea
- Health Benefits of Bilimbi Fruit
12. Beauty Treatments with Annatto
Thus, Annatto seeds contain high source of antioxidant which is beneficial to reduce the wrinkles, acne, skin dots, and any facial problems. Also, annatto benefits are great as anti-aging and so promote younger skin for you.
More Benefits of Annatto Seeds
Meanwhile, here are more health benefits of annatto seeds that you need to know:
13. Cure Fever – Boiled seeds are spread evenly to the head and body to cure fever.
14. Oral Health – Boiled leaves are consumed as a drink for a throat treatment. Also read: Benefits of Chewing Gums
15. Cure Headache – Pounded leaves combined with coconut oil are put evenly to the forehead for treating headaches.
16. Snake Bites – Annatto seeds are used to cure the effects of venomous snake bites.
17. Poison Antidote – Essence from Annatto leaves, roots and barks are used as an antidote for cassava poisoning.
18. Menstruation – Annatto bark and branches are used to improve menstrual flow and alleviate menstrual pain.
19. Vaginal Wash – In traditional medicine, Annatto is used as a vaginal cleaning fluid. Also read: Health Benefits of Betel Leaf
120. Prostate Enlargement – Tea from Annatto seeds is taken 3 times a day for the curing of prostate cancer.
21. Leprosy – A concoction from the seeds of Annatto is used for the medication of leprosy and should be taken several times a day.
22. Heat Stroke Treatment – A concoction of annatto seeds may also be consumed to cure the effects of heat stroke.
How To Process Annato Seeds for Tea
Meanwhile, there are many health benefits of annatto seeds. So, here is the recipe of annato tea for your daily drinks.
- Start with 1 teaspoon of Annato seeds and put ½ cup of coconut oil to a frying pan.
- Boil the seeds in the oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Swirl the pan a few times while frying to keep the seeds evenly spread out.
- The oil will change a beautiful orange color and the seeds will fizzle and turn very dark brown.
- Once all the seeds have turned dark, remove them from the heat.
- Cool the oil and strain out the solids.
- Now it’s ready to be used.
Albeit there are no records in terms of its toxicity. There are, however, some people who suffer severe allergic effects from annatto, even anaphylaxis. Hence, if you are having surgery for the foreseeable future then you should at all cost stay away from annatto, as it can change blood sugar levels quite fast. This also applies to pregnant women that ought to have only taken restricted volume under advised from a trained medical doctor who is adept with herbal medication.
Annatto seeds are consumed to help tone, balance and enhance the liver and lower liver inflammation. They are also supposed to reduce cholesterol levels intake, lowering blood pressure and heals edema. However, the seeds have expedient properties, in which they help to empty mucus from the lungs. Hence, they may be advantageous to mucous-related diseases such as asthma, bronchitis, and coughs.
- Health Benefits of Diet High in Fruits and Vegetables
- Health Benefits of Okra
- Health Benefits of Anise
- Health Benefits of Betel Leaf
- Health Benefits of Sea Grape
- Health Benefits of Yerba Mate Tea
- Health Benefits of Falsa Fruit
- Health Benefits of Sugar Snap Peas
- Benefits of Organic Fruits and Vegetables
- Health Benefits of Bamboo Shoot
- Health Benefits of Lima Beans
- Health Benefits of Kohlrabi
- Diabetes Treatments
- Health Benefits of Whole Grains
- Health Benefits of Running
- Health Benefits of Doing Jumping Rope
- Symptoms of Diabetes in Children
- Most Dangerous Food for Diabetes
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!