20 Proven Health Benefits of Red Meat for Brain, Skin & Eyes
Red meat actually has high nutrient contents that are beneficial for health. However, some people become anti to consume red meat as they call red meat is bad for health. One is triggering high cholesterol. Is it true that red meat is bad for our health? The answer depends on how we treat it. If consumed in excess, it will be bad. Yet if it taken properly, red meat is a good source of high nutrients.
Meanwhile, eating too much red meat makes a lot of problems in raising cholesterol levels that triggers the symptoms of heart disease. Indeed, there are indications occurring is due to the saturated fat content in meat. Yet all of them can be overcome by eating meat that is not excessive in accordance with the number of calories per day diet, so you still feel safe to consume. Despite eating red meat, also balancing our diet with fruits such as guava, papaya and grapes for fiber sources as animal protein is harder to digest than vegetable protein. So overall, if you consume red meat in a balance manner, then it can be able to make the body healthy and free from disease.
Nutrients Facts of Red Meat
- Protein – Every 100 gram of red meat contains 20-25 grams of protein. Protein of beef and mutton is more easily digested as much as 94%, compared to protein in wheat that only 86% digested and protein from beans that’s just 78%.
- Fat – The actual red meat contains saturated fat and trans fat that is relatively low. So, it does not lead to health problems. Cholesterol contained in it does not trigger the cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Energy – Consumption of 100 grams of red meat can meet 27% of energy needs in a day.
- Vitamin D – Red meat also includes a source of vitamin D is needed to form bones and teeth strong.
- Vitamin B Complex – Meat contains a variety of B vitamins, including riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is required toddlers to help work the brain nervous system, the ability to concentrate and remember.
- Iron (Fe) – Nutrients forming blood cells is able to meet 21% of the body’s needs toddler. Iron from meat is more readily absorbed than from vegetable toddler. This mineral is needed to deliver oxygen, forming energy and brain cells.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Red meat occupies the position-2 as a source of omega-3 fatty acids, as the fish of the sea. 150 mg of red meat contains about 30 mg of omega-3 fatty acids. This compound is important to help the heart function, central nervous system and liver.
- Zinc (Zn) – These nutrients are necessary for the body toddlers to establish and strengthen the immune system, the process of growth, and accelerate wound healing. Beef contains zinc as much as 4.0 mg/100 grams.
- Selenium – Antioxidants that help increase the strength of the immune system is pretty much a toddler found in red meat. Beef contains 17 mg/100 grams selenium, while the veal as much as 10 mg/100 grams.
Thus, red meet contains high source of vitamin and nutrients that belongs good for body. Meanwhile, here is the health benefits of red meat.
1. As Counteract Free Radicals and Antioxidants
The benefits and function of red meat is as the one of the antioxidants source that can ward off free radicals. Selenium inside of red meat can also cooperate with vitamin E to maximize and optimize the antioxidant function, to fight off free radicals that attacking health of our bodies.
2. Controlling Reproduction Process
The benefits of selenium inside of red meat are also excellent for controlling and maintaining the reproductive process. Especially for women whose menstrual cycles are irregular. Red Meat can also help in controlling some of the disorders that occur in our reproductive system.
Related: Health Benefits of Royal Jelly
3. Preventing Anemia
The most important function of iron in the body is the formation of Hemoglobin or red blood cells. In the body of work, hemoglobin carries oxygen throughout the body. So that iron deficiency can result in a person experiencing anemia or lack of red blood cells which is characterized by fatigue, lethargic and dispirited.
4. Preventing Insomnia
Red Meat is also needed to cope with sleep disorders or insomnia. Consuming foods that contain high amounts of iron right can help someone get quality sleep. Iron is beneficial to regulate the rise and fall of blood pressure in our body that make a person sleep easier. The imbalance in a person’s blood pressure can lead to sleeplessness.
That affects children age children has become a time when a bone has grown.The children who have a deficiency of vitamin D intake will suffer rickets the bones were not sturdy and hard because there is a shortage of minerals in it so it will be easy brittle and fracture.
read more: Vitamin D Deficiency
6. Good for Pregnancy
Red Meat useful for pregnancy in helping build the growth of various types of organ systems such as the formation of the body, muscle, bone, respiratory system and brain. Enough protein during pregnancy will help to pregnant women can have a healthy baby and not a lack of nutrients.
Red Meat for Hearth Health
7. Lowering Cholesterol Levels
Red meat also contains elements of niacin that can lowering bad cholesterol in the body and increase the good cholesterol the body needs. As a result, you can maintain your cholesterol level by eating red meat in the right amount a day.
8. Reducing the Risk of Heart Disease
Based on the survey results revealed Red Meat can also reduce the risk of heart disease and some chronic diseases associated with heart health. This is because omega 3 inside of Red Meat can improve suppleness or elasticity of arterial vessels. Thus the risk of high blood pain and arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythms can be minimised.
- Early Heart Attack Symptoms
- Benefits and Uses of Honey for Your Healthy Heart
- Benefits of Garlic for Your Healthy Heart
9. Keeping the Cardiovascular System
The cardiovascular system includes the overall process of linking the work of the heart organ. Heart including a very important organ of the human body. With the preservation of the cardiovascular system, the body will always be protected from various kinds of interference that come to attack our heart.
Red Meat to Feed Brain
10. Improving Memory
Omega 3 including the food intake of the brain that plays an important role in the development of cell membranes in the brain and neurological system signal path. Medically proven omega 3 is able to optimise the development of the brain’s memory both in children and adults. This means that better met the needs of omega 3, especially for those who find it easy to forget.
11. Preventing Early Alzheimer
Moreover, with age, the human brain size tends to shrink. Shrinkage of the brain has become a natural thing, but it can also be a symptom of serious diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. But not to worry because they meet insufficient intake of omega 3 could also create a larger brain. Someone who found brain injury was advised to get a sufficient intake of omega 3 as omega-3 fatty acids can improve brain more quickly.Red Meat has Omega 3 for Improve your Memory.
Related: Prevent Alzheimer and Dementia
12. Improving Concentration and Focus
Consuming red meat can make your blood flow better.It makes your brain feeling healthy and makes you can more focus on your daily activity.
read more: Benefits of Playing Piano
13. Reducing Depression
Omega 3 inside of Red Meat can reduce mild depression problem. Omega-3 fatty acids will help improve the effectiveness of the drug. Omega 3 works by affecting the brain but has a different way than antidepressants in general. Ensure adequate intake of omega 3 and still perform the treatment using anti-depression drugs, the best way is effective to reduce depression in two different ways.
14. Increasing Energy
The human body needs vitamin B complex inside of Red Meat when it will convert carbohydrates into glucose which then generates an energy to do activities. If the body lacks energy, we will not walk normally so it is easy to feel tired.
Red Meat For Eyes Health
15. Maintaining Eye Health
Nutrition is already quite popular eye health is vitamin A. But, you know that the benefits of vitamin A are also owned by omega 3 inside of Red Meat. Based on research results even omega 3 is known to be one of the major components in the retina. Omega 3 can maintain eye health and improve vision in general.
16. Preventing Cataracts
Cataract is one of the degenerative diseases that often occur in age is above 60 years. Cataracts can lead to their visual impairment, blindness until it ends. Benefits of Red Meat also turned out to have great utility to prevent the presence of cataracts in our eyes.
Red Meat for Skin Health
17. Preventing Early Aging
Selenium inside of Red Meat is also able to prevent premature ageing, and also can eliminate the symptoms of premature ageing. Well, here are some of the symptoms of premature ageing such as skin feel dry and rough, dull skin, wrinkled skin, skin that is not elastic.
18. Promoting Skin Health
Also, the antioxidant source is good for promoting skin health. Thus, antioxidant is the first weapon to fight free radicals that attacks skin. As a result, your skin may be stay moisturizing and stay smooth and sparkling.
19. Maintaining Hair Health
Lack of red meat can cause anemia besides it also can lead to health problems such as hair loss.
Thus, that is all the benefits of red meat for our body. Also, red meat is the source of protein and carbohydrate. So, it’s so beneficial for our daily needs.
The Side Effect of Consuming Red Meat Too Much
- Unpleasant Body Odour
- Risk of Colon Cancer
- Breast Cancer Risk
- Risk of Heart Disease
- Kidney failure
- Cause Diabetes
Meanwhile, red meat has also bad effects like all the lists above. Just like everything has its own positive and negative. Yet it’s all depend on you to take red meat or not. There are still many health benefits of red meat. Thus, if you do, please watch out the portion for better health benefits.