Olive oil is a fat or oil obtained from the grinding of olive tree fruit. Oil derived from traditional plants in the Mediterranean region contains fat, vitamin E, vitamin K, and very little iron.
Current olive oil usage is often used as a foodstuff. Many who use olive oil as an additional menu in running a diet program they are doing. Olive oil itself is the result of the extraction of olive fruit or seed, which is taken from the oil. Olive oil is now one of the pioneers of healthy lifestyle trends, because it has a low cholesterol content, and low fat.
Nutrition of Olive Oil
In every 100 grams of olive oil there is a certain amount of nutritional value:
- Energy – 3701 kJ (885 kcal)
- Carbohydrates – 0 g
- Fat – 100 g.
- Saturated (14 g)
- Monounsaturated (73 g)
- Unsaturated double (11 g)
- Omega-3 fats (<1.5 g)
- Omega-6 leak (3.5-21 g)
- Protein – 0 g
- Vitamin E – 14 mg (93% of recommended daily intake for adults)
- Vitamin K – 62 mg (59% of recommended daily intake for adults)
More Information About Olives
- Scientific Name : Olea europaea
- Family : Oleaceae
- Native : Mediterranean Basin
- Other Names : Jaitun Ka Tel (Hindi), Jeeta Tailam (Telugu), Aliv Enney (Tamil), Oudala Enne (Kannada), Jaitun Ka Tel (Marathi), Oliyenna (Malayalam), Jolopai Tel (Bengali)
The Types of Olive Oil That You Need To Know
- Virgin Olive Oil – One of the most popular olive oil products, olive oil for cooking oil is known for its low acid content. It is most suitable for people who want to enjoy the benefits of olive oil without worrying about the health because of the acid substance.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Made with cooling olives, this oil is considered to be the best for our body. But mind you, not everyone can afford to use extra virgin oil because of the high cost.
- Pure Olive Oil – This oil is actually an amalgamation of refined and original olive oil. It has a high acid content, and therefore is not suitable for use.
- Lampante Oil – The type that is only used as fuel and not suitable for cooking.
However, do you know any other benefits of olive oil? Olive oil can be used to soften dry skin and cracks such as elbows and heels. Then, let’s check out the benefits of applying olive oil on skin.
1. Overcoming broken chapped skin
The first benefits of olive oil on skin can overcome the problem of cracked skin that hit you. Usually chapped skin can occur due to dry skin and nutritional deficiency. By applying olive oil to skin, which one of the benefits olive oil, that is chapped on a regular basis, then you will be able to immediately solve the problem that is very disturbing your appearance.
2. Moisturises facial skin
Dry skin is one of the things that can reduce your beauty. Therefore, you can apply olive oil on your face and massage to give a refreshing effect, and can keep your skin moisture. By preserving the moisture from your facial skin, then you will always look beautiful and glowing.
3. Maintain skin moisture
What’s more benefits of applying olive oil on skin? Not only on the face, olive oil can also be used to moisturize the skin thoroughly. Dry skin condition will greatly disturb your appearance, because it will cause skin rough and tend to scaly. You can apply olive oil on the skin of your body so that your skin moisture can be maintained properly.
4. Maintain healthy skin naturally
Olive oil also has a very important nutrient content for your skin health. Keep in mind, the skin needs optimal nutrition and good intake to always awake health. By using olive oil, then your skin health will always be awake, and skin problems can go away from your body.
- Health Benefits of Drinking Water For Skin And Overall Health
- Health Benefits of Moringa Leaves On Skin
5. Lifting dead skin cells
One of the problems that interfere with your beautiful appearance is the condition of dead skin cells that cause stains and spots on your skin. Well, to remove dead skin cells, you can use olive oil. With the lifting of these dead skin cells, your skin will become brighter, smoother, look radiant and beautiful.
6. Brighten and refresh facial skin
Olive oil can provide a refreshing effect and relax your skin, especially on facial skin. By using the benefits of olive oil for facial beauty, then the skin will be able to feel the freshness, and the effect is able to enlighten your face. When your face is bright and radiant, then automatically, beauty will radiate naturally from your face, which surely will increase your confidence.
7. Remove the signs of aging, especially on the face
Another beauty problem that is often the concern of women is the issue of aging or aging. Typically, this aging or aging condition shows symptoms :
- Skin feels dry and rough
- Skin wrinkled
- Skin elasticity and collagen decreases
By using olive oil, then you can prevent the emergence of signs of aging that appears in yourself. There are two ways to use olive oil to prevent aging:
- Apply on the skin that has symptoms of aging
- Adding olive oil to your daily diet
- Benefits of Strawberry
- Benefits of Turmeric For Beauty
- Health Benefits of Chikoo
- Health Benefits of Honey For Skin
8. Eliminate eye bags
Olive oil also has an excellent benefit for removing eye bags. Eye bags are very influential on your beauty, because it is difficult to camouflage or covered by using makeup. But with olive oil on a regular basis, then the eye bags will be lost well, and restore your beauty.
Ultraviolet light is very dangerous when often in contact with clit. Exposure to radiation from ultraviolet light can cause various skin disorders, such as:
- Skin cancer
- Skin irritation
- The skin is blackened
- Burnt skin
You can use olive oil to be sunscreen. By relying on sunscreen from olive oil, then you will avoid the dangers of ultraviolet rays that threaten the beauty of your skin.
Indeed, there are many benefits of applying olive oil on skin and it can be your natural treatment.
The Others Benefits of Olive Oil
However, there are more benefits of applying olive oil on skin and for overall health.
1. Controlling blood pressure
Adding olive oil in a daily diet of more than 6 months, which continues with regular care, can control blood pressure. In some cases, either low blood pressure or high blood pressure can actually lower the drug dose or eliminate it altogether. However, do not do without doctor supervision.
Related article: Benefits of Bay Leaves
2. Good Cholesterol
Olive oil into the list of foods not saturated fat and can lower cholesterol, high cholesterol. However, in some studies showing other dietary oils such as sunflower and canola oil, enabling in a decrease in LDL levels and other cholesterol type cholesterol called apolipoprotein B.
3. Cancer Prevention
From the study it was found that the influence for people who consume olive oil for this, lowers the risk of developing colorectal cancer. In addition, for women who love the use of olive oil, it is suspected to provide a decline against the risk of breast cancer.
4. Prevention of Stroke
Recent research has shown that, people who consume olive oil are less likely to develop stroke in later life, than those who do not take it at all. Although this research is still observational, but will be carried out direct research to the objects that consume or not.
5. Natural Hair Lotion
Hair that often experience curling, straightening or contact with chemicals such as rebounding drugs, can cause hair damage. Olive oil can work to defend the hair, such as hair lotion. How:
- Apply olive oil on the scalp
- Give a little massage to soak into the scalp
- Then cover the hair with a towel for 10 minutes
Combine the use of olive oil, with the benefits of egg yolks or with the benefits of honey as a mask, to prevent hair loss.
6. Thickening Hair Growth
Olive oil can also help hair problems that require nutrients to thickening. The benefits of avocado are made into a natural hair mask, along with olive oil makes the hair extraordinary hair. How to use it is also quite easy, just apply a mask on the hair, then let stand briefly to soak in and then rinse.
Meanwhile, now we know the benefits of applying olive oil on skin and health treatments. Let’s now use traditional food and fruits for our natural health treatments.
- Health Benefits of Alfalfa Tea
- Benefits of Rooibos Tea for Health
- Health Benefits of Dong Quai Tea
- Benefits of Drinking Green Tea for Beauty