12 Health Benefits of Clitoria Ternatea (#1 Home Remedy from Asia)
Clitoria ternatea may attract your attention due to its unique name which related to female’s vital organ, clitoris. Well, you will not as surprise as you were if you know exactly how this flower looks like which is really similar to female’s vital organ. Being tropical flower plant, there are a lot of health benefits of Clitoria ternatea. However, before you find out more about the benefits is better for you to learn about some interesting fact of this unique tropical flower plant.
- Benefits of Hepatica
- Health Benefits of Arnica
- Benefits of Snakeroot
- Health Benefits of Plaintain Water
- Health Benefits of Hollyhock
What is Clitoria ternatea?
Though the name if similar to clitoris, Clitoria ternatea is actually coming from specific genus which name is Clitoria. The flower really looks like human female genital organ but it has dark but bright blue color. This flower plant is native to Indonesia and Malaysia which has local name as Kembang Telang but right now due to its benefits for human health, this flower plant has been introduced as far as Australia, America and Africa. Due to its unique appearance and closely related to peas family, Clitoria ternatea earns some beautiful names as butterfly pea, blue pea vine or pigeon wings. Though, the most common flower of Clitoria ternatea is bright blue but there is also other variety that has flower in white and purple color.
- Health Benefits of Yarrow
- Health Benefits of Black Cohosh
- Health Benefits of Lotus Flower
- Echinacea Health Benefits
- Benefits of Daisy Flower Extract
Health Benefits of Clitoria Ternatea
So far only some locals in the countries where this flower plant is originated like Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand are using this flower in daily basis. In those countries, the petals of the flower are used as natural food coloring while the other parts are used as traditional or herbal medications. Below is the list of health benefits of Clitoria ternatea you should know.
- Natural Remedy to Diuretic
It has been well known widely among Asian that Clitoria ternatea could be used home remedy to diuretic.
- Great for Digestion System
Due to its antibacterial properties, this flower could treat some digestion problems including food poisoning. Though further treatment from professional is still required.
- Used as Tonic to Treat Dementia
Some animal studies have shown how effective Clitoria ternatea in improving ability of a mouse in memorizing, so it is possible to treat dementia in human.
- Home Remedy to Headache
Got problem with your headache but somehow you cannot consume painkiller; you don’t need to worry because Clitoria ternatea could be used as home remedy to headache.
- Health Benefits of White Pepper
- Health Benefits of Korean Red Ginseng
- Health Benefits of Gynura Leaves
- Health Benefits of Candlenut
- Health Benefits of Corriander Seeds
- Treats Asthma Naturally
Allergic reaction could be the trigger of asthma. However, some studies have shown the effectiveness of Clitoria ternatea in treat this condition.
- Could Act as Antidepressant
Depression is not an easy thing to deal with but at least Clitoria ternatea could help in reducing the worst of this condition.
- Improves Nerves System
Nerve system has essential role in the whole body metabolism and amazingly Clitoria ternatea contains some compounds that are great to improve the function of nerve system. In other words, this flower is also great for brain.
- Solution to Irregular Period in Women
Asian women must have known how great Clitoria ternatea is in helping them dealing with their irregular period issue. Moreover, this beautiful flower is also able to help dealing with some reproductive issues in women.
- Health Benefits of Lemongrass
- Health Benefits of Cumin Seeds
- Health Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamons
- Health Benefits of Indonesia Cinnamon
- Health Benefits of Cardamom
- Natural Remedy to Diabetes
One of the amazing health benefits of Clitoria ternatea is able to control the absorption of blood sugar so it could help in controlling the blood sugar level in diabetic patients.
- Reduces the Risk of Cardiovascular Conditions
Conditions like heart attack, blood pressure and cholesterol could be reduced by Clitoria ternatea.
- Home Remedy to Light Cold
When it comes to light cold, instead of taking medicine is better for you to take Clitoria ternatea instead.
- Treats Insect Bites or Poisonous Bites of Snake
Among Asian people, poisonous bites of snake and insect could be treated naturally by this beautiful flower plant though seeing a doctor immediately is still highly recommended to prevent further issue.
- Health Benefits of Peppercorns
- Health Benefits of Charoli
- Health Benefits of Oregano Leaves
- Health Benefits of Chewing Mustard Seed
- Health Benefits of Moroccan Spices
Cautions of Clitoria Ternatea
Actually there are more health benefits of Clitoria ternatea because basically this flower plant is a magical home remedy widely used as part of Asian traditional home remedy since ancient times. However, still there are some cautions you should aware of this flower as well.
- Talk to your doctor whenever you want to add home remedy to your current medication especially you who have been diagnosed with specific health issue like heart problem or diabetes.
- As mentioned above this flower could be used to treat poisonous bites of snakes or insects but still to make sure no further problem, meeting a doctor is highly recommended.
- Though this could act as therapeutic solution for depression but this mental condition cannot be taken lightly, talking to the professional is still strongly required.
- Health Benefits of White Willow
- Health Benefits of Anise Seeds
- Health Benefits of Sichuan Pepper
- Health Benefits of Anise
- Health Benefits of Asaforetida
In the native countries, the purpose of planting this flower is not only because of the health benefits of Clitoria ternatea but also because this flower is very beautiful and widely known as ornamental flowers. Furthermore, this flower is not difficult to grow as long as they grow in tropical climate.