25 Top Health Benefits of Eating Ramen Noodles #No.3 Unpredictable!
If we talk about ramen, then we will have one thing in our mind that is traditional pasta from Japan. Ramen is one of traditional pasta from Japan, the other one is udon. Usually, ramen served in almost all of Japanese restaurant, even we can find ramen served along with sushi or sashimi.
Ramen is very famous, both in Japan and around the world, because ramen become one of Japan’s icons. But, do you guys know that ramen came from China? Yes, ramen came from China and it was scattered through East Asia. So that’s why, if you happen to visit those countries, you will meet noodles with similar name. In China it’s called la mian, in Japan it’s called ramen, in South Korea it’s called ramyeon.
Is it good for our health? Actually ramen is one of the healthy food that, maybe, some of us still don’t know. Actually, ramen made from ingredients that is really health for our body, as long as we’re not consume the instant one. So, let’s find out what are the health benefits of ramen.
Actually, ramen is one of delicious, healthy food. Because ramen made from ingredients that contain lot of good materials for our healthiness. Main ingredients that you used to make ramen is flour or raw noodles, soba, chicken broth, garlic, radish. And the optional ingredients are meat and egg yolk. Do you want to know what is the ingredients of ramen and its health benefits for our body? Let’s find out!
You may also read:
As we already know, all kind of noodles are made from flour. Flour contained carbohydrate and proteins that needed for our body. Both carbohydrate and proteins have responsibility on fuel energy so that we can do our daily activities. There are 3 kinds of flour based on protein that contained in it, those are high-protein, middle-protein, and low-protein. As for noodle, usually they used high-protein flour.
You may also read:
- Chicken Broth
Another healthy ingredients that we can find on ramen is chicken broth. Chicken broth is delicious and has a lot of benefits for our body healthiness. It is rich of proteins, which is one of energy sources for our body. Aldo, it contains lot of calcium, which is good for our bones. Another health benefits of consuming chicken broth is it can improve our blood circulation, anti-inflammatory, and also boost our immune system. one of the best health benefits of eating ramen noodles.
You may also read: Benefits of Calcium – Health Benefits of Drinking Bones Broth
Another healthy ingredients of ramen is buckwheat, a whole grain that used as main ingredient of soba. Buckwheat play important roles for our body healthiness because it contains lot of good materials for our body. Let’s find out more about buckwheat! Also read: Health Benefits of Buckwheat Tea
- Protect Cardiovascular (blood circulation) System – The reason why it can protect our cardiovascular system is because buckwheat contain flavanoid and magnesium. Flavanoid is a phytonutrients that can protect body from illness by prolong vitamin C and work as antioxidant. If we consume it regularly, it will decrease the risk of getting cholesterol. And magnesium will also help to keep our cardiovascular healthy.
Also read: Health Benefits of Fluted Pumpkin Leaves
- Control Sugar Blood – Based on studies, buckwheat can decrease glucose level significantly and respond to insulin. And also, based on study, for those who consume magnesium regularly will be prevent from diabetes.
Also read: Health Risks of Consuming too Much Sugar
- Prevent from Cancer and Health Disease – Buckwheat can also prevent us from cancer and health illness. Good material that has responsibility on it is enterolactone, which can prevent from breast cancer and another cancers that depends on hormone. Also, it will prevent us from heart disease.
Also read: How to Prevent Cancer – Health Benefits of Soursop Leaves
- Benefits for Postmenopausal Woman – Menopause is a condition when ovary stop producing ovum. Or, the easy explanation is when woman’s period don’t hit you anymore. When you hit your postmenopausal period, then the risk for you to get cardiovascular disease will higher. So, to prevent or cure it, you can try consume food that contains buckwheat in it. Also, for those who already hit postmenopausal period, buckwheat will prevent you from or cure your breast cancer.
- Prevent from Asthma at Childhood – Based on study, consuming whole grain and fish will prevent or cure you from asthma because it has a lot of good materials for our lung. Although it is good for children to cure asthma, but adults can try it too. Also read: Symptoms of Asthma
You may also read:
Another ingredient of ramen is garlic, which is really good for our body healthiness and beauty. Let’s find out some of it! Also read: Benefits of Garlic for Your Healthy Heart
- Contains Allicin – Allicin is an anti-bacteria essence. Allicin’s function for our body is for prevent our body from illness.
- Anti-Cancer – Because garlic contains allicin in it, one of its function is to prevent our body from cancer. And also, for you who already suffer from cancer, you can try consume everything contains garlic in it to cure your cancer.
- Decrease High-Blood Pressure – Based on study, one of garlic’s health benefits is it can decrease high-blood pressure for about 7-8%. Even it can decrease normal-blood pressure. So, if we consume it just enough, it will become medicine. But, if we consume it over limit, it will affect our health.
- Rich of Nutrients and Low Calorie – The fact is garlic rich of good nutrients that needed for our body. It contains vitamin C, calcium, iron, carbohydrate, and vibrate. But it doesn’t contain calorie and saturated fat, which is can be bad for our body.
- Antioxidant Sources – The most popular health benefits of garlic is it contains antioxidant. Antioxidant’s responsibility is to prevent our body from bacteria, virus, and free radical.
- Fight LDL – Another health benefits of garlic is it can fight LDL or evil cholesterol significantly. Researches shown that garlic can fight LDL for about 10-15%. But, no need to worry that it will affect on our HDL (good cholesterol) because it will keep our HDL safe. Also read: Health Benefits of Lemongrass
- Decrease the Risk of Alzheimer – Alzheimer is a condition when brain loose its function step by step because of nerve disease, usually it’s affect the elder. Free radical is one of its cause. By consuming anything that contains garlic in it, the risk of suffer from Alzheimer will be reduce because garlic contains antioxidant in it. Also read: Ways to Prevent Alzheimer and Dementia
Indeed, there are many health benefits of eating ramen noodles, the japanese traditional food.
You may also read:
If we eat ramen, then usually we will meet white, round-shape thing in it. That vegetable is radish. Actually, it’s okay not to put it on ramen because its only a topping. But usually you will find it on your ramen if you visit Japanese restaurant. Health Benefits of Radish
Radish contains a lot of good materials for our body. Here are some good materials that you will find in radish:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Volatile Oil
- Beta Carotene
- Folic acid
- Oxalate acid
Because it contains lot of good materials for our body, of course it has health benefits for our body. One of which is cure liver disease. Liver responsibility to our body is to filter poison and throw it away. So, if we suffer from liver disease, another organs will be affected.
Another health benefits of radish is to cure cancer. Vitamin C, folic acid, and anthocyanins will help protecting our body from free radical and help anti-cancer treatment’s activity.
Actually, there are still a lot of health benefits that radish brings to our body, from protect us from small disease until protect from deathly disease. Also, radish has responsibility to cure pimple and keep our skin healthy. So, if you want to keep your body healthy, consume food that contains in it.
You may also read: Health Benefits of Radish
Just like radish, meat is not the main ingredients. It’s okay to put meat in your ramen but it’s okay not to put it in. Usually, they put beef or pork in ramen. Any kind of meat is good for our body because it contains proteins in it. It’s good, only if we consume it in just enough amount. Don’t forget that meat also contains bad fat in it.
- Egg Yolk
Just like meat and radish, egg yolk also a choice. It’s not the main ingredients but it’s just a topping, but we can find ramen with egg yolk as its topping easily. Egg yolk contains minerals, choline, and iron that needed for our body. But for you who don’t like raw food, don’t order ramen with egg yolk as its topping. Why? Because they serve it raw or half cooked. If you can’t eat raw or half cooked food, it’s not a good choice for you.
You may also read:
Conclusion & Suggestion
Ramen is a healthy food that made from healthy ingredients. So, if you want to consume ramen, no need to worry that ramen is not a healthy food. Well, maybe some of you will think that they will add MSG or stuff that can make it less healthy. To make sure, you can visit Japanese restaurant that sell ramen only. Usually you can see the process of making ramen by yourself so you can make sure that ramen you will eat is healthy.
And please take a note that “ramen is a healthy food” is valid only for the real ramen, not the instant one. In supermarket and convenience store, you will find some instant ramen. Although those are ramen, but they are factory-made. If you look at its ingredients, you will find some kind of chemical thing that will affect your body. So, “ramen is a healthy food” is valid only for the real ramen that you will meet only at restaurant. So, stay healthy!