Not many people might heard about red fife flour. If you one of these people, don’t worry, this article will help to introduce you on the health benefits of red fife flour. This flour is actually famous among people that having a big concern to their health.
It is a good substitute of original flour that usually contains too much carbs and not good to the body. Therefore, people are looking for the better substitute and find out that red fife flour is one of the good choice for some healthy meal. Specially for those a bread lover in western countries whose looking of healthy gluten free organic wheat to consume.
The use of red fife flour is become popular among nutrient practitioner. Many industries start to feel interested in developing this kind of ingredients. Including nowadays that healthy living is become explode due to serious illness happen among most of the peoples, such as the possibility of stroke or any other cardiovascular diseases.
In order to supply the demand for this healthy living style, some food industries begin to consider the use of red fife flout to give options for those community that prefer healthy and organic food rather that usual food to consume.
Nutritional Value of Red Fife Flour
The flour have no specific nutrient value except that it is mostly contain calories, carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals. But an important nutrient point that this flour is gluten free. Therefore, it is common to used as a diet menu and to consume by some people with specific medical condition such as diabetes. Anyway, below is some health benefits of red fife flour:
1. Low Glycemic Index
The flour is famous with the gluten free content. Therefore it helps to lower down the glycemic index for the blood flow. This is the same health benefits sweet potatoes diabetics that good for diet. Specially for those who doesn’t want to consume too may sugars.
2. Improve Health in Diabetic
Due to the low glycemic index and the gluten free composition, it is good as a daily meal dor diabetic patient. It helps to control the sugar level in the blood and help to maintain a healthy living for diabetic patient. This is the same health benefits of atis leaves for diabetes that also good for detox in diabetic menu.
3. Rich Of Fiber
The flour is a good source of fiber, therefore it is good for bowel movement. This is the same health benefits of barley and lentils that good for intestine too.
4. Maintain Digestive
The fiber also good to maintain the digestive metabolism of the body. Therefore, it help to absorb important nutrient and reduce fat absorption. This is the same health benefits of red date tea.
5. Weight Loss
Another health benefits of red fife flour is good to weight loss program. This is the same health benefits of hemp oil for weight loss. Therefore, it is recommended as a healthy diet menu.
Recommended Intake of Red Fife Flour
To gain the benefits of red fife flour, most people use it as the ingredients of making some breads. Therefore, it can result healthy high fiber bread that effective to the digestive health. Below is a simple recipe to bake ref five flour bread:
- ¾ teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅝ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ounces red fife flour
- Mix the red fife flour and the salt in a small bowl
- Pour in the water and stir the ingredients with the fingertips or a wooden spoon. Wait until the flour form a shaggy and mild dough.
- Knead the dough by using the hand in the bowl, try to wipe the sides of the bowl with the dough ball, this is to make sure that the dough balls are clean, and then turn the ball out onto the counter-top.
- Knead the dough and wait up about 2 minute more
- Wait until it will feel smooth and tacky
- Return the dough and put back to the bowl
- Cover it loosely with some plastic wrap
- Let it stand at room temperature for 24 hours
- After that it is ready to bake
Side Effects of Red Fife Flour
Consuming the flour might bring many benefits, but this will bring some side effects too. Therefore, it is important to look at below points before consuming the flour. Since the benefit might be not optimize in some peoples with several medical condition. Below are some side effects which might happen to some people:
- It might give allergically reactions such as redness, rash over the face or body, swollen parts of the body and many more allergically reactions. Therefore, try to avoid this food when having historical with allergic. Or it is suggested to consult with nutrient practitioner when you want to include the flour on the daily menu.
- Pregnant woman or breastfeeding woman recommended to avoid this flour since the nutrient might be not maximum for the developing the baby. Therefore, switch it with original flour. Except if it is prescribed by the doctor due to gestational pregnancy which require some diets.
- Pay attention when giving this menu for diabetic patient or patient with heart condition. Since the glycemic index shall be kept normal. It consuming the food result too low glycemic index, it might be dangerous and bring some unwanted side effects such as nausea or sickness. Therefore, always consume the flour according to the doctor suggestion.
- Overeating the flour might also not good since it also can increase the blood sugar level due to the carbohydrates level in the floor. Even though it bring benefits, but make sure to consume it daily in a proper doze that not too over. Therefore, ask some suggestion from the nutrient practitioner on the right doze of this menu if serve in daily meal.
Consuming red fife flour can bring many benefits. Therefore, it is good to include this into the daily menu. Make sure it is in a good portion, not over or not too less. Hence, the maximum benefit of the flour can be absorbed by the body an maintain a good lean shape healthy body as you wanted.