Flu and colds are common health problems experienced by both adults and children. These two health problems can be serious when they are not treated well. Coughing, cold, bronchitis and other breathing illness may be cured naturally and medically. If you want to know natural treatment for curing flu and cold, check Benefits of Ginger Milk. Ginger milk has thousands benefits.
Benylin products have always been the best treatment for some health problems, such as flu and colds. All benylin products are tested medically effective for solving flu and colds. Its great ingredients make it trusted by adults to heal both adults and children.
Benylin expectorant is one of the best products to cure cold and flu. It is rich in dextromethorphan and guaifenesin. The combination of these two ingredients are the best for curing cold and flu. Do you know that licorice can be used to cure cough? Read Benefits of Licorice for Cough.
Keep reading this article to see the 3 unbelievable health benefits of benylin expectorant, dosage or usage of it, side effects and cautions you need to pay attention before consuming it.
4 unbelievable health benefits of benylin expectorant
Benylin expectorant is used to relieve coughing as the symptoms of breathing illness, such as cold and bronchitis. Let’s see the 4 unbelievable health benefits of benylin expectorant.
- Stop your coughing effectively
Dextromethorphan is playing its role in making the mucus in the airways thinner and loosened. Besides, it also helps to clear congestion and make your breathing easier. This cough suppressant plays role on the part of the brain to reduce the urge of coughing.
- Expelling mucus easily
If you are suffering from productive cough, then benylin expectorant will be the best medicine for you. It helps you to expel mucus easily. Menthol is commonly combined with other active ingredients in cough suppressant in medicines. Do you have problem with mucus? Osmanthus tea is very good to reduce mucus as stated in Benefits of Osmanthus Tea.
- Menthol power
Menthol is obtained from peppermint or other mint oils. Menthol is effective to relieve coughs and kill the bacteria in your oral area and throat as well. It will give you a relax and comfort feeling to your throat. Menthol is not suggested to be consumed by pregnant women. Take a look at the List of Herbs Not to Take While Breastfeeding.
- Lighten the weight on your mucus
Guaifenesin, an active ingredient in benylin expectorants, is very effective in lightening the weight list in your chest.
How much dosage of benylin expectorant should be taken?
This medicine should be taken orally, with or without food. If you are treating yourself, follow the directions on the package of the medicine. While taking benylin expectorant, you also need to take plenty of liquid, such as water. Water will help to break up the mucus and clear congestion.
Here is the dosage of benylin expectorant
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 4 teaspoons of it.
- Children under 12 years old: 2 teaspoons of it.
- Children 2 to under 6 years old: 1 teaspoon of it.
- Children under 2 years old: consult with doctor before use.
Make sure you use the spoon or measuring tool provided by the product. Pay attention to it. Do not use any household spoon, as the dosage may be different.
Cautions of Benylin Expectorant
Though there are 4 health benefits of benylin expectorant, there are some things to be considered before consuming this product. Here is the things:
- You have to keep in mind that benylin expectorant only cures coughing caused by common cold and allergies, not caused by smoking or asthma.
- If your cough is followed by excessive phlegm (mucus), persistent cough and chronic bronchitis, you have to consult with your doctor before use.
- Stop consuming benylin expectorant if your cough doesn’t stop and followed by fever, rash or persistent headache.
- Benylin expectorant may contain sugar and you should pay attention to it if you are having diabetes. Ask your doctor before using this product.
- Do not ever try to drive after consuming this medicine as it may lead to drowsiness and dizziness.
- If you are pregnant, consider carefully before using it. Only use this medicine when you really need it. Have a discussion with your doctor or medical professionals.
Side effects of benylin expectorant
There are some effects caused by benylin expectorant. Check the following out.
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Trouble breathing
- Some allergic reactions
If you are noted one of the side effects above, stop consuming benylin expectorant and get a drink.
So, after reading the 3 unbelievable health benefits of benylin expectorant, you may consider using it as one treatment for your cough problem. Some customers said that this medicine is very effective to cure coughing due to its powerful ingredients.
If you wish to have stronger bones, check Benefits of Jin Jun Mei Tea. Jin Jun Mei tea is worth the try!