Coughing is one of the most annoying problems experienced by kids, isn’t it? It makes the children feel uncomfortable and hurt at the same time. There are thousands of coughing medicines provided and sold in drugstores.
As this is for curing coughing for children, there must be some considerations you need to pay attention to before choosing the right medicine for your children.
Do you suffer from coughing? Try drinking ginger tea, and check the list of Benefits of Ginger Tea. They are very effective!
Benylin children’s cough syrup is one of the good medicines you can give to your children. This medicine will allow your breathing passages become smooth and not inflamed or irritated anymore. Benylin children’s cough syrup contains the mixture of Glyserol and sugar that are able to soothe the areas that are inflamed.
There are some other ways to overcome coughing. Licorice is very beneficial for curing coughing. Read Benefits of Licorice. You will be amazed of the benefits.
This medicine is also used to give temporary relief of coughing without phlegm. Benylin children’s cough syrup is suggested to be consumed by children above 5 years old.
Let’s see the 3 incredible health benefits of benylin children’s cough syrup, some side effects and cautions of consuming benylin children’s cough syrup.
3 incredible health benefits of benylin children’s cough syrup
Benylin children’s cough syrup contains dextromethorphan. It is a cough suppressant that will provides relief to some infections. Let’s check how beneficial benylin children’s cough syrup is.
- Reducing the needing to cough
The sugar in the syrup is working well to coat and sooth the back of the throat. It will stop the tickling sensation in your throat. It will stop the sensation of wanting to cough even when there is no phlegm to cough up.
- Overcoming the symptoms of cold
Benylin children’s cough syrup also contains diphenhydramine that is responsible for relieving allergy, hay fever and common cold symptoms, one of which is coughing.
- It has blackcurrant flavor
You must agree that every child hates bitter medicine. But don’t worry! Berrylin children’s cough syrup is not bitter and you will see your children will like it. Its blackcurrant flavor is suitable for children and it will soothe the dry and tickling coughs.
Blackcurrant is one of the berries that is very healthy to your body. You can blend it in the form of smoothies. Before that, check Benefits of Mixed Berry Smoothie.
Side effects of benylin children’s cough syrup
Apart from the 3 health benefits of benylin children’s cough syrup, we all know that every medicine has its own side effects. But don’t worry too much as benylin children’s cough syrup is not dangerous as it is made especially for children. You still have to consider these side effects of consuming benylin children’s cough syrup.
- Slight drowsiness – even with normal doses, benylin children’s cough syrup will lead to drowsiness or dizziness. If you experience severe drowsiness or dizziness for a long period of time, contact your doctor.
- Allergic reaction – it is very rare to happen. However, contact medical attention once you experience these symptoms: itching, swelling, rash or trouble breathing.
If you are afraid that your child will experience some allergy reactions to the medicine, you may consider the natural ones such as mentioned in Benefits of Rowse Honey.
Cautions of Benylin Children’s Cough Syrup
Regarding to the side effects of benylin children’s cough syrup, there are some cautions you need to pay attention, too. Here is the list.
- If your children are suffering from breathing or lung problems, please contact your doctor before consuming this medicine. You can see one of the side effects of consuming benylin children’s cough syrup is having trouble in breathing.
- There are some symptoms of children that need to be checked before consuming benylin children’s cough syrup. Consider consuming these symptoms: coughing with green and rusty brown pleghm, difficulty in breathing, chest pain, sudden weight loss, recurrent night-time cough, and diabetes.
- Children under 1 year old are not suggested to take this medicine.
- Children with allergy are not suggested to take this medicine, too.
- Breastfeeding women and pregnant women may drink this medicine. It is not only made for children, but also for adults.
How much benylin children’s cough syrup should your children take?
Different-aged children are having different dosage of benylin children’s cough syrup. Check the following to get to know more about the dosage.
- One to five years old – they can be given 5 ml of spoonful. You can give it three to four times a day.
- Over five years old – two 5 ml of spoonful (10 ml). You can give it three to four times a day. Use this dosage for adults too.
It is not suggested to use the spoon other than what is given along in the package as it may lead to overdose. Give the medicine based on the recommended dose by using the measuring spoon. Once your child give strange symptoms, stop giving the medicine and contact your doctor. Consider the 3 incredible health benefits of benylin children’s cough syrup as your reference to cure your children cough.
Chiki snack is one of the stimulants of coughing for kids. Check Health Benefits of Chiki Snack to see whether chiki snacks are healthy for children. It is better to prevent than to cure!