Are you experiencing disturbance while you get flu? Flu may seem not really severe, but it will disturb your daily activities for sure. As you can see in the drugstore, there are thousands medicines that are effective for curing flu.
However, have you thought that some natural ways are better than medicines? Oregano oil is one of the answers for curing your flu problem. If you are suffering from flu, you may see Symptoms of Flu. Check the symptoms so you know that to do to overcome flu.
Oregano oil is a type of herbal supplement that is rich in antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It contains several healing compounds, such as carvacrol, thymol and terpinine. Oregano oil is famous for its amazing effects for respiratory health as well as for overcoming cold and flu symptoms. Are you curious of the benefits of oregano oil? Check Oregano Oil Health Benefits. You will be amazed of its amazing benefits!
Oregano oil is easy to be found in some health food stores. Stay tune to see the reasons why oregano oil is the best for flu, the 4 amazing health benefits of oregano oil – best treatment for flu and how to use it safely.
Why should be oregano oil?
A certain type of medicine will be used if some researchers found some amazing results about it. Then, you must be questioning why you should take oregano oil to overcome flu.
- A research in 2017 has shown that oregano oil that is obtained from oregano leaves had strong antioxidant properties. They highlighted that the use of oregano oil would be effective to cure fever and respiratory symptoms.
- A laboratory research in 2011 showed that oregano oil is effective to kill human and animals viruses in vitro. It is effective to fight against viruses in respiratory system, such as flu viruses.
- In 2011, there was another study that proved that when you spray oregano oil diluted with eucalyptus, peppermint and rosemary oil to your throat, it will help to reduce the symptoms of sore throat and coughing 20 minutes after using it.
Oregano leaves have been used for overcoming some diseases, even for beauty, as stated in Benefits of Oregano Leaves. It is worth to try.
4 amazing health benefits of oregano oil for flu
- Rich in good properties for your body
Oregano oil is very rich in some properties that are beneficial for your body, such anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial properties. You can find all you need to fight off the flu viruses.
- Curing upset stomach
There are some symptoms you may experience while you are having flu, such as upset stomach, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Oregano oil is very effective to calm down upset stomach and stimulate your digestion by stimulating the flow of food biting.
- Lower down fever
Oregano oil stimulates the sweat production. By having more sweat produced, it will be easier to bring the fever down.
Having fever? Solve your problem by trying chicken noodle soup. Look at Benefits of Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s yummy and healthy!
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
Oregano oil obtained from wild oregano P73 is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, boron potassium, copper and manganese that are very beneficial for boosting your immune system.
How to use oregano oil for treating flu?
Everybody consumes oregano oil for treating flu should pay attention to the dosage of oregano oil. Commonly, the dosage of oregano oil for flu treatment is between 3 to 20 drops and it should be consumed 3 to 4 times a day.
Normally, you just put 3 to 10 drops of oregano oil in a tablespoon of water. Swish it around your mouth and under your tongue. Do it for 2 0 to 30 seconds then swallow it. Repeat this once more so you will have around 6-20 drops of oregano oil in total. You may do this four times a day.
For children 6 to 10 years old, you can mix 1 to 3 drops of oregano oil with juice or water. Do it once a day will be enough. For children above 10 years old, you can use 1 to 3 drops of oregano oil with liquid twice or thrice a day.
Do you know that oregano oil has another amazing benefits? It is effective to clear lungs and bronchial passages. Do that by mixing it with a base of olive oil and rubbing it on the chest and aching muscles by boiling the oil with hot water. You may also add the oil to vaporizer and inhale the steam.
Side effects of Oregano Oil for Flu
There are side effects you might experience while consuming oregano oil.
- Gastric distress
- Central hyperactivity
Oregano oil may also cause irritating or corrosive skin and eyes. Oregano oil should not be applied directly to your skin or near the eyes.
Cautions of Oregano Oil for Flu
There are some cautions you need to take seriously once you consume or use oregano oil. Here are the cautions:
- Oregano oil may cause irritate mucous membranes of the throat, esophagus and stomach. Try using it not just with water but use another carrier oil. It will help to lessen the harmful effects.
- In large doses, oregano oil may lead to death.
- Pregnant women are not suggested to take oregano oil for medical purposes. It may lead to miscarriage and bring harm to the baby.
- If you allergic to certain herbs, avoid this.
After reading the 4 amazing health benefits of oregano oil – best treatment for flu, you may try using it at home while you are having flu. You will be amazed on how it works! If you want to know more about some treatments for flu, you may check Benefits of Hot Toddy for Cold and Flu. Hot toddy is too hot to try!