16 Benefits of Pomegranate for Cancer as Natural Prevention
At the present time, cancer is listed as one of the deadliest disease in the world. And the best medicine to cure this disease is not yet exactly found. Therefore, many research giving their best effort on finding the medical solution for it. Whether to prevent the cancer, or even to cure the cancer patients. There is a big hope that sooner or later, cancer will able to be cured and avoided.
One of the researched fruit for anti-cancer is pomegranate. This fruit is considering can help to prevent the cancer symptoms. Therefore, the scientist is now looking at the best way to gain benefit from this fruit as anti-cancer.
Pomegranate is a fruit resulted from Punica Granatum plant. The plant is about 6-10 meters high. While the fruit is rounded with reddish color. The amazing things is the number of the seed. It can contain up to 1400 seeds in one fruit.
Pomegranate is cultivated in Iran and India. Today, they are the biggest supplied country of its fruit. But it is also easy to cultivated the plant. As long as it plants in a country with plenty of sunshine, it can be grow well and producing a good fruit. To cultivated this plant, you can plant the seed or by cutting from the tree. Indeed, here is the information about benefits of pomegranate for cancer patients.
Nutrition Value of Pomegranate
Below is the nutritional value of pomegranate (per 87gr):
Total fat 1gr
Saturated fat 0.1gr
Dietary fiber 3.5gr
Vitamin B6 4.3gr
Vitamin C 13gr
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Facts about Pomegranate for Cancer
As mentioned above, pomegranate bring a benefit as anti-cancer. There are some reasons for this matter. Below is the mechanism of the way it works as anti-cancer:
- It is containing polyphenol; therefore, it is a good source of anti-oxidant. While most of us know, anti-oxidant is working well to eliminate free radical from human body. The free radical has been studied as the cause of cancer cell appearance. Hence, by eliminate the free radical from our body, means that preventing cancer cell to growth in the body system.
- Pomegranate is rich with vitamin C, therefore the body immune is well maintained. If the immune system is working well, then the cancer cell is likely not able to be growth inside the body. Hence, it is a good alternative to prevent cancer.
- Some research find that pomegranate contains ellagitannins. Which can have slowed down the growth of cancer cell. Furthermore, it blocks the cancer cell distribution in the body. More again, it programmed a cancer cell death by blocking nutrients to the cancer cell. Therefore, it helps to relief the cancer.
- The presence of tannin and anthocyanins inside a pomegranate has been known as an anti-tumor. It works by reducing cell proliferation and regenerate a good cell. Therefore, cancer cell multiplication in the human body can be eliminated. And a healthy cell will replaced the cancer cell.
Indeed, there are some great benefits of pomegranate for cancer patients. It may not be a healer, but it has a good source to help us prevent and overcome cancer.
You may want to search:
Another Uses of Pomegranate
Beside benefits of pomegranate for cancer patients, pomegranate also has other numerous healthy benefit. Below is the health benefit of pomegranate:
1. Boost Immunity
The vitamin C inside pomegranate working on boosting the body immunity. Furthermore it can avoid disease.
Pomegranate works as an anti-oxidant; therefore, it works well as an anti-aging. It helps to reduce the wrinkle. Therefore, it is eliminate the signs of elderly.
You may want to read
Pomegranate essential oil can give a pleasant feeling. It is also giving relaxed mind. Hence, it is work as an anti-depressant. It release the stress and bring a calm feeling.
4. Maintain healthy skin
Some research find that the fruit is good for skin. It can help to repair a damaged skin. Therefore, it is suit for dermatitis and acne relief.
5. Maintain healthy hair
The vitamin inside the pomegranate help to strength hair. It is also works to result a shiny hair. Therefore, it maintains the hair to keep healthy and bold.
6. Prevent cardiovascular disease
Pomegranate works to avoid plaque formation inside the blood artery wall. Hence, it is reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. Such as stroke and heart attack.
7. Prevent diabetes
This fruit help to lower down the blood sugar. Therefore, it can be a natural remedies alternative for diabetic patient.
8. Reduce blood pressure
There is a study that it helps to reduce systolic blood pressure. It works by preventing angiostensin-converting enzyme activities. Consequently, it works to decrease the blood pressure.
You may want to search:
9. Maintain Cholesterol
Punicic acid content of pomegranate works to reduce LDL and triglyceride inside the blood. Furthermore, it is stimulating the form of HDL. Hence, it helps to maintain the cholesterol level inside the blood.
10. Weight Loss
Some peoples consuming pomegranate fruit due to it is a good therapy for losing weight. It helps to fasten the body metabolism on burning fat. Therefore, it stimulates the body not to gain weight.
11. Improve digestive system
Vitamin B inside the pomegranate help increasing body metabolism. Hence, it is improving the effectiveness of digestion system.
12. Relief Diarrhea
The fruit can act as anti-bacteria. Therefore, it can heal the diarrhea. Furthermore, it soothes the abdominal pain due to the capability to stimulate the nerve on reducing the pain. Thus, there are benefits of pomegranate for cancer patients and overall health.
How to Use Pomegranate
There are several ways to consume and gain the benefit of pomegranate. Some is explained below:
- Making as a juice or smoothie
This is the easiest way to consume pomegranate. This is also the best way, since it keeps the nutrients content in the fruit. Take some pomegranate fruit, add some water and blend it into a juice. In less than five minutes, the pomegranate juice is ready to consume. Another variation is to mix it with another fruit and make a smoothie.
- For Food
Some cuisine add pomegranate to the dish due to its bitter sweet and a little bit sour taste. It is usually used as an ingredient for cake, soup or salad. The weakness on this way is that the nutrients might lose during cooking process.
- Essential oil
The seed can be cold pressing and extracted into essential oil. There are many essential oil brands in the market which contain pomegranate. It helps for aromatherapy due to its relaxation effect.
- Skincare Product
Pomegranate is now can be found as a hand lotion, soap or shampoo. Many of skincare company used this fruit as one of their skincare ingredients. It fruity fragrance is one of the additional reason, nor the benefit for maintain the skin and also hair.
- Herbal Medicine
Some medical research has successfully extracted pomegranate into a capsule or tablets. Hence, it can easily be found in the market as herbal medicine. Today, it is common to consume this fruit as an extract capsule or tablets. It fast releasing the benefit and helps for people who want to consume it daily in a practical way.
You may want to read:
Side Effects of Pomegranate
For most people, pomegranate can be considered safe to consume. But for those who feel unsure whether it is safe or not, below are some side effects of pomegranate:
- People with allergic history may need to be careful when consuming this fruit. It possibly to bring allergic reaction such as itch, swelling, and asthma.
- The root possibly not safe to consumed, due to the poison contain inside it. Therefore, it shall be avoided.
- Pregnant woman and breastfeeding mom shall consult with their doctor to consume it. There is no evidence whether it is safe or unsafe for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Research only mention that the pomegranate juice is quite safe to consume pregnant woman.
- Since this fruit is able to lower down the blood pressure, therefore, it suggested not too consume it too much. Mainly for people with low blood pressure. It can cause dizziness and nausea due to blood pressure sudden drop.
- The fruit might interact when used together with any medicine. Therefore, it is suggested to consult with the doctor when consuming this fruit with medicine treatment.
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!