Ustrasana or known for camel pose is a pose of yoga that resembles a camel. That name Ustra comes from Sanskrit means camel, and Asana means pose or posture. The pose makes the benefit in flexibility and digestion. Or you can also read benefits of yoga.
Practicing the pose correctly actually makes almost all of our major muscles being stretched. Moreover, doing that pose is physically challenging but the benefits is more than enough for the health. Or you can read health benefits of yoga headstand.
Because of many health benefits, Ustrasana recommended for those who are with asthma, bronchitis, diabetes, thyroid and parathyroid disorders, spondylitis, even voice disorders. Just like other yoga or you can read benefits of bikram yoga.
Some doctors also find that it can cure constipation, colitis, dyspepsia, obesity of the thighs or arms, Genito-urinary disorder of kidney, urinary bladder ovaries, testes and prostate. Or you can read health benefits of yoga for arthritis.
So, the health benefits of Ustrasana are including for physical benefits, mental benefits and emotional benefits. Here are some health benefits of Ustrasana:
- Improves digestion process as well as it massages most all of the internal organs.
- Opens the chest up and improves the respiration process.
- Makes back, thigh, arms and shoulders stronger.
- Relieves the pain from the lower back.
- Helps spine to be more flexible and also helps in improving to the great posture.
- Relieves menstrual problems.
- Reduces the risk of constipation
- Help in releasing tension in the ovaries
- Helps in stimulating endocrine glands
- Boots overall health
- Makes the ankles, thighs, groin, abdomen, chest, and throat stretch.
Within all of the health benefits of Ustrasana, doing Ustrasana in the morning along with other yoga will be profitable or you can also read vajrasana health benefits. If you can’t manage to make it in the morning, then you can also do it in the evening.
In addition, practicing Ustrasana on an empty stomach and bowel is a must. You also should make your stomach full at least four to six hours before doing it.
How to do Ustrasana?
To do Ustrasana you can follow these steps:
- Start the pose with kneeling on your mat and put your hands on your hips.
- Make sure that your knees and shoulders are in the same position, while your feet are facing the ceiling.
- Take a deep breath, and pull your tail bones in your pubis. Therefore, the pull at the navel is a must you have to feel.
- Arch your back while you are in that position then slide your palm slowly over your feet until your arms in straight position.
- Make your neck in neutral position while you also have to make sure it is not strain.
- Keep in the position for about 30 to 60 seconds before you release the pose.
Caution in doing Ustrasana
Practicing Ustrasana with supervision of your yoga instructor is really important to get health benefits of Ustrasana significantly. For those who are having a back or neck injury and suffering from either low or high blood pressure, you should not doing that pose of yoga. Furthermore, that yoga also not recommended if you are having insomnia and migraines.