15 Great Health Benefits of Frog Pose and How to Do it
Frog pose or Mandukasana is a pose which can alleviate back pain. The name Manduk means frog and Asana means pose or posture. Besides to alleviate back pain or physical health, it also has the benefits for your mental and spiritual health, as same as other yoga or you can read health benefits of ustrasana and how to do it. Furthermore, practicing those pose helps us to have intuition like a frog where also to find stillness.
Before doing the pose, you should make sure that you knees are warm and being able completely to bend. It is also things you need in doing other yoga just like you can read benefits of bikram yoga.
For more benefits, here are some other health benefits of frog pose:
- Makes pancreas to provide insulin hormone, so it can prevent us from diabetes.
- Controls high blood sugar effectively.
- Forms flat stomach because it burns extra fat in thighs, stomachs and hips.
- Increases your hips and thighs blood circulation.
- Reduces menstrual impacts including menstrual cramps.
- Supports in strengthening back muscles.
- Relieves constipation and indigestion
- Gives relief from unwanted gas.
- Relieves headache, stress, anxiety and mild depression.
- Supports the function of abdominal organs especially for digestive system.
- Makes your chest and shoulders to open.
- Supports in good posture.
- Improves your concentration and focus.
- Improves your self-awareness.
- Reduces apathy, hallucination, bad dreams, lose memory, forgetfulness, irritability and exasperation.
How to do frog pose?
Within the health benefits of frog pose, here are two methods in doing frog pose that you can choose to follow:
- Sit in Vajrasana (thunderbolt Pose) or you can read vajrasana health benefits.
- Next, the fists both of your hands should be closed.
- Press your thumb inside by your fingers while clinching the fists.
- Exhale while you are pressing the navel by both of your fists then bend forward.
- When you are in the position of bend forward, then hold your breath and look straight.
- In some time, keep in the position (as much as you can), then inhale and start doing the position again (Vajrasana).
- Doing all of the steps for three to four times.
- Doing Vajrasana pose.
- Put your right palm on your left palm which you can keep on the navel.
- Now your stomach you can press inwards.
- Take exhale and bend forward (method 1) while you are looking straight.
- For some time you should hold your breath with same position.
- Take a slow breath and back to the previous position.
- Doing the steps for three to four times.
Cautions in doing frog pose
The health benefits of frog pose is also in relation with those cautions in doing frog pose and here are the cautions or you can also read health benefits of yoga for arthritis:
- For those who are with backache avoid practice this kind of pose.
- Ulcer patients are not recommended doing the pose.
- Knee pain patient also should not do the pose.
- It is also for ankle injuries patients.
- High blood pressure.
- Avoid doing it when you are in insomnia.
- When you are having migraine also should not do the pose.
However, the pose can treat diabetes, blood pressure and stomach disorders, which also you can find in health benefits of yoga headstand.
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!