There are several factors of pimples, where hormonal problems and bacterial skin infections are two critically contributors. There are also two microbial infections in development of pimples named Propionibacterium acne and Staphylococcus epidermis.
Cinnamon has the benefit in treat the second reason. It has a chemical with antibacterial properties known as cinnamaldehyde. The antibacterial is effective to cure pimples and being the reason why cinnamon is a great treatment for your skin. You can also read benefits of cinnamon.
Cinnamon in powder is very suitable with honey to kill bacteria, where the bacteria can lead to pimples on skin. It stops pimples-causing germs successfully while also relieving the changes on skin which are triggered by both two reasons of pimples. It also due to nutrients in cinnamon that also make you get the health benefits and here are the details:
Cinnamon Nutrients Value per 8g (About 2 Cinnamon Sticks)
- Energy – 19.76 Kcal
- Carbohydrates – 6.45 g
- Protein – 0.32g
- Total Fat – 0.10 g
- Dietary Fiber – 4.2 g
- Niacin – 0.107 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.003 mg
- Thiamin – 0.002 mg
- Vitamin A – 1 µg
- Vitamin C – 0.3 mg
- Vitamin E – 0.19 mg
- Vitamin K – 2.5 µg
- Sodium – 0.8 mg
- Potassium – 34 mg
- Calcium – 80 mg
- Iron – 0.67
- Magnesium – 5 mg
- Manganese – 39 mg
- Phosphorus – 5 mg
- Zinc – 0.15 mg
- Fatty Acids, total saturated – 0.028 g
- Fatty acids, total monounsaturated – 0.020 g
- Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated – 0.005 g
Those are nutrients value of 8g cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks based on USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) and national institutes of health. Furthermore, here are health benefits of cinnamon for pimples:
- Increases blood circulation
As your blood circulation increase, the oxygen through your skin also works well and it can lead to prevent pimples. It is due to great nutrients in the blood which is important for all of your body and one of them for the health of your skin.
- Reduces inflammation
Inflammation on your skin will be reduced by taking cinnamon powder which you can combine with honey and other herbal plants. Or you can read in health benefits of drinking turmeric with milk and honey.
- Supports your healthy skin inside out
As well as improves the blood circulation, great nutrients of cinnamon especially vitamin C helps in your healthy skin. You can try by drinking cinnamon tea while also taking the powder of cinnamon as mask to get the healthy skin from the outside. The other treatment for inside of your body you can read in list fruits healthy skin.
- Prevents irritation and unwanted effect
Irritation is in relation with the pimples. It can lead to outbreaks of pimples on your skin. You can try prevents the irritation by taking cinnamon powder regularly, or you can also read in health benefits of banana peel for skin.
- Helps in soothe and clear your dry skin
Pimples can affect both on oil and dry skin. For those who are with dry skin, you can take cinnamon scrub from sea salt, almond oil, olive oil and honey. It makes your skin clear as well as prevents pimples. You can also read benefits of ginger for skin.
How to use cinnamon powder to treat pimples?
Here are simple ingredients and steps you can take, for the health benefits of cinnamon for pimples:
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder (freshly ground).
How to make:
- Grind cinnamon around 3 to 4 sticks coarsely or finely, you can choose by mortar and pestle
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey and cinnamon powder then mix all well. Hold on the mixture around 15 minutes until honey and cinnamon come out well.
- As a face pack, keep it in 30 minutes then wash them off with water.
- As a treatment for the spot, you can keep it overnight.
- Before take it over all of your face, a patch test is necessary and you can take on a small area since cinnamon has strong chemicals that will make an allergic to some people.
Due to some health benefits of cinnamon powder for pimples, take the powder for all of your body is great. In addition, if your skin is healthy especially from pimples, it makes more confidence.