Consuming juice (Read: Different Types of Fruit Juice and Their Benefits) always considered as one of the healthy habit. But what about consuming juices only, everyday for 30 days straight. Will it bring healthy values to your body?
Even though the 30 days juice fast is now a very popular diet due to it’s dramatic weight loss effect, still it is assumed as an extreme diet solution. Juice fast means you stay away from any solid food as a form of any flour, refined sugar and any animal products, like meat, fish, eggs (Read : Health Benefits Of Crushed Egg Shell) and poultry; except honey that usually added to give a little sweetening.
So, before you join the juice fast challenge, please understand the steps taken, the benefits and the cautions. Also, you must consult it with your doctor / practitioner. They may want to prescribe you some vitamins or certain nutrients that you might not get from the fasting process.
Most Desired Health Benefits of 30 Days Juice Fast
Even though some people go through the juice fasting for a certain health condition or disease; most people is attracted to the health benefits of 30 day juice fast, which are :
1. Weight Loss
According to Fitness Through Fasting, most people able to lose 10 pounds or even more within the first seven days of juice fast. Actually the significant loss of weight is not a healthy way to have a long-term weight loss, that is why you need to slow down the losing weight process. And after finishing your 30 days juice fast, you should change your daily diet into a healthier diet to prevent your body to gain back the previous weight.
Juice fasting is relatively safe if it is done in the short time like three days to one week. Long term juice fast would make you lose your muscle, instead of fat. Because basically by doing juice fast, the weight loss is coming from losing the water and muscle from your body.
Muscle is made from essential amino acids that comes from protein. And you barely get protein from vegetables and fruits only. So, you might consider having avocado (read: Health Benefits of Avocado) into your juice as a good source of protein kind of fruit.
In summary, if you want an instant weight loss, 30 days juice fast could be your solution.
Fruits and vegetables are the great source of antioxidant that fight free radicals and other toxins. Best source of vitamins, enzymes and minerals that boost your immune system. In another word, fruits and vegetables are a big pack of healing and cleansing properties that helps your body to safely and gently detoxify itself.
The detoxification works through entire body that results with:
- healing of various disease that involve kidney, liver, blood pressure
- Cleanse digestive system
- Fight cancer cell
- Rejuvenate skin and good for complexion
- Eliminate toxins and free radicals
- Boost immune system
- Eliminating mucus from sinuses and lungs
- Excess cholesterol
- And also energizes body to regenerate. And because in juice fasting, the fruits and vegetables are in the form of liquid that is easily absorbed which what makes all the goodness (the healing and regenerating source) inside the juice has more effective impact than eating it in solid.
So, say hello to good skin, slimmer body and more vitalized body, after you succeed with your 30 days juice fast program. That’s all the most desired health benefits of 30 day juice fast! Try it!
Steps Taken for 30 Days Juice Fast
There are several steps to note before you start to get the health benefits of 30 day juice fast. It will help you to be prepared well.
- Consult your doctor. It is better to be safe than sorry.
- Have a durable quality juicer.
- Buy various kinds of vegetables and fruits (preferably organics ) to juice. Read : Benefits of Organic Fruits and Vegetables. Most green vegetables are recommended.
- Add ginger or lime into the juice to have a better taste. Some vegetables do not have a good taste in your mouth, so mixing it with small amount of honey, fruits and a little spice will help.
- Juice it by the time you need to drink it. Let it sits will only degrading the nutritional values. So do not drink from the packed juice that you can find in supermarket. [AdSense-C]
- Beside drinking juice, you must also drink at least 8 glasses of water. Read: Health Benefits of Drinking 6 to 8 Glasses of Water A Day. Even juice is a liquid, you still need water for hydration. It is best to drink purified or filtered water.
- After you finished with the 30 days juice fast, try to eat solid food gradually. Your body is already get used to the non solid food. So, do not complement your self with a pan of pizza on the first day after juice fasting. Try adding solid fruits and vegetables at first, then some grains (read : Health Benefits of Whole Grains) and protein on the next day.
Fruits and Vegetables for Juicing
Fruits and vegetables that are mostly used for juice fasting include carrots beets, celery, parsley, watermelon , apples, grapes, and lemon. Carrots has high amino acids (protein). Other fruits and vegetables that also have high amino acids are papaya, coconut, kiwi fruit, peaches, tomato, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, wheat grass and many more.
All those fruits and vegetables have various tons of health values that will benefits your different parts of body. Read: Health Benefits of Watermelon
We know about the health benefits of 30 day juice fast but there are several side effects that you may want to take for note. Nausea, flatulence, diarrhea, bloating, light headedness, low blood pressure, muscle loss that will give the weakness effect on the body. All of that are the result of only having juices for 30 days straight. So, again, make sure you consult first with your doctor before doing the 30 days juice fast.