30 Top Health Benefits of Organic Tempeh – Indonesian Food
Indonesian people must be familiar with Tempeh. Even, several countries also know Tempeh.
Well, in Indonesia, Tempeh is kind side dishes which is made from fermented soybean, and then it can be processed into the various food such as fried tempeh, tempeh balado, oseng tempeh and etc.
Besides that, tempeh is also commonly used as a snack. Read more about health benefits of fermented food.
How to Make Organic Tempeh
- prepare soybeans, about 1 kilogram that is ready to be processed
- prepare also mushroom rhizopus olisgoporus about 2 grams
- wash the soybeans with clean water first, the water flowing better
- let stand in water, soak for approximately 1 day (24 hours)
- after soaking washed while kneading until the rind is released.
- boil soybeans with enough water to boil for about 30 minutes
- then throw away the boiled water and stir back the rest on the stove
- let until soybeans dry but not to burn.
- soybeans drained in places which has the large holes to dry easily.
- after the cold, ferment the soybeans with mushrooms or yeast.
- stir until blended.
- prepare plastic or banana leaf if you want to use the leaf for the base.
- put in the soybean that has been mixed into the plastic or leaves until the thickness is 2-3 cm.
- close and seal the container.
- plastic or container must have the air holes.
- save the soybeans that have been mixed with yeast in the cupboard / airtight place for 2 days (46 hours).
In addition to the flavor of tempeh is delicious, the price of tempeh is also affordable. That’s why tempeh becomes one of the best choices chosen by many housewives. Moreover, tempeh also has the good nutrition for our health as follows:
- protein 20.8 grams,
- fat 8.8 grams,
- fiber 1.4 grams,
- calcium 155 mg,
- phosphorus 326 mg
- iron 4 mg
- vitamin B1 0.19 mg
- carotene 34 mg.
Based on the nutritional substances above, organic tempeh becomes a healthy food that contains a lot of benefits for the body. In the following discussion, we will see the health benefit of organic tempeh for children and also for adults.
Health Benefits Tempeh for Children
Here The Health Benefits of Organic Tempeh:
- Source of protein which is good for the growth of children. Even, according to the study, the protein content of tempeh is higher than protein from the animal.
- The children will be healthy because the tempeh contains antioxidants and antibiotics which can cure infections and other derivative diseases.
- Tempeh is good for digestion. It is because tempeh contains fiber which is able to smooth digestive system.
- Improve your child’s immune system.
- Tempeh will make the children become smart because tempeh has high protein which is really good for improving the brain. Read also health benefits of beets for the brain.
- Contains high protein good for the heart and kids health. Sponsors Link
Health Benefits Tempeh for Adults
Here The Health Benefits of Organic Tempeh:
- Tempeh contains a source of fat-free protein that is suitable for those who are on a diet. Read also about health benefits of diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Tempeh can increase HDL levels. Good cholesterol levels in the blood are proven to make bad cholesterol decreases and suppress and remove it from the body.
- Tempeh can prevent some degenerative diseases.
- Tempeh can make the heart stay healthy because it can increase good cholesterol levels in the body.
- Tempeh has a fiber content that is able to bind toxins and cancer-causing cholesterol.
- Tempeh has fiber content that can also improve the course of digestion in the body.
- Tempeh contains fiber and protein content that is proven to prevent the rise of blood sugar levels are good for diabetics.
- Tempeh is able to prevent diseases of blood deficiency or anemia due to high mineral content and easily absorbed by the blood.
- Tempeh is able to keep bones strong and prevent symptoms of osteoporosis because tempeh has high calcium and phosphorus. You may also prevent osteoporosis naturally with exercise.
- Tempeh is able to counteract the presence of free radicals because tempeh contains antioxidants and antibacterials.
- Tempeh has the antidote or anti-heavy metal poisoning, which is able to overcome the symptoms of poisoning and remove the toxic out of from the body.
- Tempeh contains good positive ions as the nutritional content in an egg and milk.
- Tempeh is good for all ages because of the various nutrition as described above.
- Tempeh contains many vitamins, especially sources of vitamin B. That’s why tempeh is useful for red blood cell metabolism, improve immunity and nervous system function.
- Tempe is good for skin and muscle health because it contains several vitamins needed by the body.
- Tempe has antibiotic and antibacterial preventive agent of E-coli. So it is good to prevent diarrhea and cholera.
- Tempe has the content to lower lipid or fat in the blood. Read also about health benefits of blood donation regularly.
- Tempeh is very good for people with certain diseases like heart diseases and diabetes.
Read also about:
Tempeh Cooking Tips
That’s the benefits of tempeh which are good for health. In addition, there are also some tips for to cook and consume tempeh as below:
- Preferably tempeh cooked in a way like bacem, goulash or boiled with vegetables. Not recommended to fry tempeh because the nutrients will be reduced.
- For children under five, tempeh can be made as more healthy cuisine by boiling with vegetables.
- You should select or buy a tempeh that is still fresh and decent to consume. You can check it by smell the tempeh or pay attention to tempeh carefully before buying it.
- Do not leave tempeh for too long in the refrigerator or refrigerator. Before consumed it is better removed first, or immediately cooked after purchased.
- If you want to try to make your own tempeh make sure that the yeast used is a quality yeast.
Well, that’s all about health benefits of organic tempeh, how to make tempeh organic, nutritional contained in tempeh organic and also how to cook tempeh organic. I hope this article will be beneficial to all of us. Thanks for reading!