53 Benefits of Spinach During Pregnancy (Very Important)
Vitamins help the body function works normally. It has become increasingly important during pregnancy. During pregnancy, a women should eat the different food, to completeness of vitamins, minerals, protein, fats and carbohydrates.This will provide proper nutrition for the baby’s development and health during pregnancy, it is also very important to ensure adequate intake of vitamins and minerals in the right amount.
The reason why spinach is important during pregnancy is because 98% of spinach nutrition needed by pregnant women and fetuses.
The nutrients that contained in 100 grams of spinach is:
- Protein 2.3 grams;
- carbohydrates 3.2 grams;
- iron 3 grams;
- folic acid 194 mcg and
- calcium 81 grams.
- Spinach is also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, B1 (thiamin), B3 (niacin), phosphorus, B2 (riboflavin), sodium, potassium and magnesium.
Now, I will describe what are benefits of Spinach during pregnancy from its very important nutrition. Every woman must consider this benefits.
Vitamin A helps the bones and teeth developing. About 770 mcg of vitamin A and beta carotene are needed by pregnant women. These nutrients are spinach and several other types of vegetables.
Research shows that vitamin A deficiency is very rare in women and newborns. Vitamin A is known to support a healthy reproductive system. For women malnutrition, vitamin A effectively reduce problems during pregnancy. Vitamin A deficiency can lead to xerophthalmia in pregnant women, and increase the risk of anemia, and can slow the growth of the baby.
Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid
In 100 grams of spinach contains 194 mcg or 49% RDA. During pregnancy folic acid requirements are:
- For women want to be pregnant, folic acid consumption is recommended as much as 400 mg per day
- Since the first 3 months of pregnancy, it is recommended to take folic acid as much as 400 mcg.
- For 4 to 9 months, it is recommended to take folic acid as much as 600 mcg
- As for the duration of breastfeeding, it is recommended to consume folic acid intake 500 mcg.
What are the benefits of folic acid?
Folic acid is benefit for the fetus, the following are the benefits of folic acid for pregnant women during pregnancy:
- Producing erythrocytes. High erythrocyte production can make the brain and spinal developing. It is good, not impaired and abnormalities in the bone marrow. It is very good for the fetus developing, so there is no abnormalities in baby.
- Prevent miscarriage. Folic acid is also proven to prevent miscarriages in pregnant women. By taking folic acid, pregnant women will avoid the risk of miscarriage during pregnancy.
- Prevent brain damage. important benefit of folic acid is helpful to support the brain fetus developing. With enough the folic acid, the brain fetus developing becomes better and can avoid possible cases of disability at birth.
- Folate can increase red blood cell production. Folic acid is one type of substance that can to increasing the production of folic acid in the body. With the increase in red blood cell formation, then pregnant women will be spared from the condition:
- Easily getting sick or
- Prevent heart disease. Folic acid is also substances that can help prevent heart disease. The condition of pregnant women having a heart attack if it did not get enough folic acid intake.
- Prevent depression. In some cases, pregnant women will experience a depressive phase when was a period of pregnancy. Depression experienced by pregnant women can affect the condition of pregnant women and the fetus in the womb. Folic acid can help lower:
- Maintaining brain health. One of the main functions of folic acid is to maintain brain health and prevent brain in experiencing disorders that attack the brain.
- Good for the baby’s developing. When inside the womb, the fetus will experience growth from the first form until finally born into the world. The content of folic acid can help the baby’s developing in the womb. Therefore, to maintain the health and development of the fetus is well, it is necessary enough folic acid every day.
- Help the body tissues formation. Body tissue formed during prenagency, can be formed in time sooner or later. Fast or slow the body tissues formation is also affected from consume the folic acid.
What will happens if vitamin B9 deficiency or folate during pregnancy? The body that in vitamin B9 or folate deficiency, can have an impact such as:
- Impaired brain function in the fetus
- The fetus developing annormally
- Abnormalities in babies at birth
- Slow the brain tissues development in the fetus.
Vitamin B1 or Thiamin
Vitamin B1 or thiamine is required to increase energy and regulate the nervous system. This vitamin deficiency in pregnant women can cause beri-beri Infantile in newborns. Babies will usually be affected by this disease through breast milk. Vitamin B1 deviciecy can also cause peripheral neuritis, or inflammation of the nerves outside the brain. Vitamin B1 was found in spinach. About 1.4 mg of vitamin B1 is needed by pregnant women.
Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin
Vitamin B2 or riboflavin useful maintain healthy skin, good vision and increase the energy. This vitamin is mainly found in leafy greens such as spinach. About 1.4 mg of vitamin B2 needed by pregnant women. This vitamin is essential for pregnancy, because it ensures the development of reproductive organs and tissues of the body.
Vitamin B3 or Niacin
Vitamin B3 is also known as niacin. About 18 mg of vitamin B3 is needed during pregnancy. It not only promotes the nerves and digestion, but also helps to maintain healthy skin. Vitamin B3 is found in spinach.
Vitamin K is useful for treating blood clotting problem. This will help prevent neonatal bleeding in newborns. About 90 mcg of vitamin K needed by pregnant women. Vitamins K will help the mother during pregnancy, getting proper growth and development is good for the unborn baby. However, to get a higher intake should be avoided, or should be with your health care professional (Doctor).
Beside the vitamins, minerals also important during pregnancy are:
Iron is found in spinach. There are about 3 grams of iron in 100 grams of spinach. Iron is a mineral that serves to form red blood cells (erythrocytes) are made in the bone marrow. On the condition of a pregnant, red blood content is certainly not the same as those in normal conditions. Why do pregnant women need more erythrocytes? The reason is:
- Erythrocytes Carry the oxygen to body. The benefits of iron for pregnant women, the main thing is to deliver oxygen throughout the body, including the fetus. All organs in the body needs oxygen to help run its activities. Either the heart, lungs, brain, and other vital organs. With the help of oxygen is what will drive the organ work as it should.
- Circulate quintessence of food in the body. Oxygen in addition to helping the organ carrying out its activities, also serve to deliver food starch. Of course, the organ can not work if the fuel to run the engine is not in the content. For the essence of the food that is already in the process is circulated to selauruh body and absorb the nutrients by the organs that need.
- Helps improve hormone. When a woman’s body in the middle period of pregnancy requires quite many types of hormones. This helps development and growth of the baby in the belly. This hormone also will also help facilitate the procession of birth.
- Assist in the formation of the placenta. Babies who live and stay in the mother’s stomach mother also felt the food was eaten. whatever mother’s food, certainly there will be a way that connects the results of starch foods to babies. Well channel to connect this in called placenta. The food will enter through a hole in the abdomen (udel) via the placenta is. That’s why pregnant women should be extremely keep food that goes into his mouth to keep the development of the fetus.
- Helps form of energy. Pregnant need an extra energy than any other normal woman. For a time, in one body he carried two lives at once. Energy is in need even more. That is why they are highly recommended for a lot of eating foods that contain iron. Because iron functions are to help the formation of energy in the body.
- Reduce the risk of anemia. Anemia is a symptom of disorders of the body that causes sufferers often fainted and disorders of pregnancy are quite dangerous. This can happen because of their lack of oxygen in the body. Pregnant women are quite susceptible to anemia. Because they work harder than usual, but the energy and nutrients in the body should be in for two with a pregnant mother’s own self as well as the child in the womb. For that consume iron is absolutely needed by the body.
- Reduce the risk of having underweight babies. When the mother does not meet the nutritional needs of the body, is very influential in the development and growth of children. One of the effects is the fact the birth of babies with low birth weight.
- Reduce bleeding during childbirth. Childbirth is a moment in which the end of pregnancy. An event that is quite stressful, because it became a battle between life and death of women. Mother’s condition would be very dangerous if it gets severe bleeding. Because during childbirth itself requires quite a lot of blood to help remove the baby from the womb. Moreover, to a state of bleeding, blood coming out of course, if too much it would made a bad condition of the mother. This situation could even lead to death.
Iron deficiency becomes a very dangerous thing. For patients will worsen his condition and the baby in the womb. The bias is on the mark with the hallmark traits:
- weak, tired, lethargic
- Very easily tired, often ask for a rest while doing the activity
- Easy dizzy
- The eye feels dizzy
- Stomach feels nausea, vomiting culminate later whether or not
- Pale face
- Dry hair, brittle and thin
- Frequently exposed to canker
- Nail drier and thinner
- Heart rate more often
- Easy pounding pounding
- Breath hunt
Calcium is needed by pregnant women, as it helps to build bones and teeth strong. Also, it helps in nerve and muscle function and prevent blood clotting. Around 1000 – 1300 mg of calcium needed by pregnant women. Calcium is found in spinach
Protein is useful to help repair cells, and also helps in the production of amino acids. Protein is needed by the body to maintain good health, bone health, skin and muscle. Proteins found in spinach.
For some case, there is the danger of the spinach that Pregnant Women must be aware:
- Triggering Kidney Stones. If you are a pregnant woman who suffered from kidney stones, then you should avoid eating spinach during pregnancy. Spinach contains a lot of oxalic acid, a compound that can cause kidney stones. Conditions kidney stone itself, quite a risk for fetal growth because it affects the health of your immune system.
- Digestive Problems. If you consume in a portion too much, it can also cause some gastrointestinal problems such as gaseous stomach, bloating, and abdominal cramps trigger.
- Complicate Labor Process. Spinach contains salicylate, a substance that can cause prolonged contraction of excessive bleeding during labor and childbirth.
- Spinach contains Fe 2+, a substance that helps a lot in treating anemia in pregnant women. However, if left too long in the form of vegetable mature, these substances will oxidize and can cause poisoning.
Spinach is also advised not rewarmed. Warmed spinach can increase nitrite levels as a result of oxidation of nitrate present in this vegetable. Nitrite is the toxic to body.