Olive oil has long known by the mankind for a long time ago. Back in the date of 8th century BC, Neolithic people had tried to use it as meals, and sometimes skin and hair treatment. Firstly, people used the wild olive tree that grew mainly around the Mediterranean. Somehow, there is no strong evidence about when the first cultivated olive trees had been planted by humans. All we should know that olive oil has been widely used not only for cooking but also for skin and hair treatment for a long time ago.
Nowadays, people are developing the special processing method to create a purer, healthier, and clearer olive oil to improve the health benefits of olive oil. It is always called as Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Extra virgin olive oil can be considered as Super Food because it represents the synergy of the health-promoting mixtures that consist of vitamin E, monounsaturated fat, and polyphenols (strong antioxidants). Originally, extra virgin olive oil is made from the first press of olives without any heating process to ensure its nutrient compounds still a whole as the health benefits of fresh olive. As a result, it has lower acid substance and more polyphenols than other olive oil variants. Meanwhile, it is slightly more expensive than other olive oils, but a lot cheaper than many chemical hair products that sometimes will damage your hair instead treat it.
How does The Extra Virgin Olive Oil work for your hair?
Olive oil is the most natural way to get the softening benefits for your hair than using a chemical hair product that will leave residue in your hair. Many people have proven that using EVOO regularly for their hair will make it softer and more manageable, with a thicker and denser growing. It because of olive oil contains natural essential nutrients, and monounsaturated fatty acids that great for your hair growth and health. These substances will help to treat and strengthen your hair from the roots and scalp to the tips.
Science has proven that at least there are 3 health benefits of extra virgin olive oil for hair such as:
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents: Research has proven that EVOO has a natural anti-inflammatory substance that may cure an irritated scalp. In this case, it has the same stance with health benefits of avocado leaves
- Antioxidant Properties: EVOO has the abundant amount of antioxidants to makes your scalp healthier. Besides, it can reduce the damage done by the residue of chemical hair care products.
- Conditions the Hair and Scalp: People have used olive oil as the natural conditioner for centuries. It works by preventing your scalp to dry and lock the moisture in your scalp. Thus, you will get a softer, smoother, and shinier hair with the regular use.
Chemical hair dyes, cheap shampoo, prescription medications, and even hormonal changes can affect your hair’s health. In this case, having EVOO treatments for your hair regularly will be great to get rid any free radicals caused by the chemical products, stress, and global warming.
How to Use Olive Oil on Hair
As EVOO is great on hair, just like the health benefits of olive oil on hair and skin, EVOO is very oily and sticky. Of course, you never want to pour a cup of olive oil on your head. then, you have to clean up your hair repeatedly with a chemical shampoo that is counter-productive with the result you desired. In this case, you should use it as a tonic first. The EVOO will be the 100% natural ingredients all you need for a healthier hair. Apply just a small amount of EVOO to your hair. To get a simple and easy EVOO treatment for your hair you can follow these steps.
Simple Olive Oil Treatment for Hair Growth
All you need to have is only a teaspoon of EVOO for this simple treatment. Just use a small amount of EVOO to prevent it from oily hair.
- A teaspoon EVOO.
- A ceramic dish or heat-proof glass.
- A damp towel and shower cap.
Follow these steps to do your simple olive oil scalp treatment.
- Warm up a teaspoon of EVOO in the ceramic dish or heat-proof glass in the microwave.
- Pour the warmed EVOO onto your hands.
- Rub it gently over your scalp.
- Spread out the oil around your scalp and massage it gently all over your head.
- After that wrap your head with a shower cap or damp towel.
- Let it wrapped for about two hours.
- After 2 hours, clean up your hair with a small amount of shampoo, then rinse off.
- Never use conditioner when you have this treatment, the olive oil works even better than conditioner.
- You can have this olive oil treatment once a day for the first week, then you can have it for at least three times a week.