Women should be strong during pregnancy. That is why very important for women to sleep tightly at night, drink and eat healthily in daily basis because they need all the energy to keep them and the babies healthy during pregnancy and even after giving birth, they still need everything they could get because there is no the hardest job in the world but keeping the babies healthy and happy. That is why women are amazing.
A Jar of Honey for Pregnant Women
If you are expecting or you know someone who is expecting, tell her to always keep a jar of honey in the house because the health benefits of honey to a pregnant woman is a lot. Honey is well known to be a natural substance that could be used as medicine for all kinds of diseases. However, during pregnancy you should really concern about the choice of honey, instead of consuming raw honey is highly recommended for mothers to consume pasteurized honey. The difference between raw and pasteurized honey is the pasteurized honey has been through several processes including the heated process that may kill most harmful bacteria that may contaminated the raw honey. In other words, it is safer for pregnant women to consume pasteurized honey instead of the raw ones.
- Maintains the Mother’s Immunity System
The reasons why honey is good to improve mother’s immunity system during pregnancy is due to its antioxidants and antibacterial properties. During pregnancy, mothers should be really careful when it comes to drug consumption and honey is quite safe to be consumed during pregnancy.
- Helps Improving Appetite during Pregnancy
During pregnancy mothers should make sure all essential nutrients are enough to maintain the health of the mother and support the development of the fetus. However, morning sickness and the loss of appetite are reasons why there are a lot of cases of deficiencies during pregnancy.
- Reduces the Risk of Stress during Pregnancy
There are a lot of reasons why mothers may suffer stress that could lead to the symptoms of depression during pregnancy. Consuming honey regularly may help reducing the risk of stress though of course support from people around like family and friends are also important to help the mothers during pregnancy.
- Packed with Vitamins and Minerals
During pregnancy consuming foods rich of vitamins and minerals are the main jobs of mothers to make sure optimal development of the fetus and maintain the health of the mothers. Honey is packed with vitamins and minerals and some of them are prominent during pregnancy.
- Natural Skin Solution
Hormonal imbalance is quite normal during pregnancy however the side effects sometime could be disturbing especially when they appear on skin like dark spot or acnes. There are a lot of health benefits of honey for skin because it contains antibacterial agents that well known to be effective in treating several skin conditions.
- Great for Bones
During pregnancy calcium is essential because the fetus needs all the benefits of calcium to optimize the development. If mothers are lacking of calcium, then the stock of calcium in bones will be used to optimize the fetus development. Honey is essential source of certain minerals that are great for bones especially for mothers during pregnancy.
- Natural Energy Booster
During pregnancy, sometimes mothers will feel exhausted without reasons. Well actually there are some good reasons why that happen because every day the fetus will grow and mothers without realizing are carrying the growing babies inside their womb. Honey is rich of calories and in metabolism healthy amount of calories is excellent energy booster.
- May Help Relieving Insomnia
Insomnia could be dangerous during pregnancy because it could make mothers exhausted without reasons. That is why adding some drops of honey to warm water may help mothers have better sleep at night because a good night sleep is very essential during pregnancy not only for mothers but also for the optimal development of the babies.
- Relieves Cold and Cough
During pregnancy mothers are suggested to avoid all kinds of drugs or medicines. Cold and cough are not fatal but could be really annoying. Fortunately, honey which contains antioxidants and antibacterial agent may help relieving cold and cough naturally and effectively.
- Eases Up the Sore Throat
For sore throat during pregnancy, mothers could mix honey with lemon juice and added them to warm water. Instantly, sore throat will be relived due to the antibacterial and antioxidants properties found in honey are effective to ease up the sore throat.
- Reduces Allergies
Honey is natural substance. Mothers who have allergy history should endure it without proper medication. However, honey is natural substance that is safe to be consumed even during pregnancy. For itchy skin, mothers could just apply the honey to the skin or if they want to consume it for optimal result is also safe.
- Rich of Antioxidants
Antioxidants are more than just a secret weapon to fight free radicals. During pregnancy, antioxidants are essential not only providing additional layer for mothers from the worst effect of free radicals but also protecting mothers but improving their immune system.
Cautions of Honey during Pregnancy
Below are the cautions of honey that you should know if you want to add honey to your daily diet during pregnancy.
- Weight gain is likely to happen when you consume honey in high dosage. Though honey is natural and healthier sweetener but it also contains fructose and glucose. In other words, honey is all sugary and if you are not careful, weight gain and obesity could be another problem especially during pregnancy.
- There is always a chance for mothers during pregnancy to suffer gestational diabetes. It is one of the types of diabetes that every mother during pregnancy should aware. If the chance is higher, avoiding honey is highly recommended because honey contains substances that may affect the insulin insensitivity.
- Too much honey in daily diet may cause conditions like tooth decay. As mentioned above, honey is all sugary no matter how natural and healthier honey is too much honey is still dangerous for your health.
- If you have sensitive stomach, honey is not recommended because it may worsen the condition.
- Choose the respectable brand of honey only to make sure you are consuming the best honey product. As mentioned above, don’t choose raw honey over pasteurized honey no matter how natural it is because you cannot take the risk that the pollen from raw honey may affect the fetus.
The may concern of honey is the botulinum toxin content. However, the adult’s digestive system is already having good bacteria that could act as the anti-agent of that toxic substance. Botulism only occurs on babies under one year but it won’t affect the fetus inside the womb when mothers consume it during pregnancy.