21 Health Benefits of Watermelon Seeds (Research Base)
Watermelon is one of the fruits that is rich of water. Watermelon is good for hydrating our body because it contains vitamin A, C, and potassium, zinc, fat and calorie. The benefits of watermelon does not only come from its fruit but also its seeds. Before we eat watermelon seeds, we should peel the seeds. Put in our mind not to swallow watermelon seeds without peeling them. In order to have their nutrition contents, we should chew them well before swallowing them.
The Nutrition Content of Watermelon Seeds:
- 100 gram watermelon seeds provides 600 calorie. It is the same as 10 slices of bread.
- 400 calorie are provided in the fat of watermelon seeds. The fat level in 100 gram of watermelon seeds is around 80% of our daily fat.
- 1/3 of watermelon seeds contain protein. The most essential protein in watermelon seeds is nisin.
- Produced watermelon seeds are the good source of vitamin B such as thiamine, niacin, and folic.
- In 100 gram of watermelon seeds contains mineral such as magnesium (139%), manganese (87%), phosphor (82%), zinc (74%), iron (44%), potassium (20%) and copper (37%) among our daily mineral intake.
- Watermelon seeds are rich of iron, potassium, vitamin, fat and calorie that are important for our body.
1. The Natural Source of Amino Acid.
In order to have a proper function of our body, we need sufficient amino acid intake. Our body receives the amino acid intake in the form of glutamate acid and tryptohan. Watermelon seeds are the natural source of amino acid. Another amino acid found in watermelon seeds are arginine and lysine. Lysine is essential for calcium absorption and collagen formation.
Arginine is used for increasing our metabolism system and cardiovascular health. Thus, consuming amino acid can increase our metabolism system, sexual health, and the organ of our cardiovascular system.
2. Magnesium Bank.
Magnesium is a one of the important minerals for our body. Based on the medical opinion, 100 gram of watermelon seeds provides 139% of magnesium that is needed by our body. This will foster metabolism, protein synthesis and normalize our blood pressure. Moreover, they can control diabetes and hypertension.
3. Sexual Health.
Watermelon seeds contain lycopene and several vitamins. They bring significant health effect for us. Besides, they are good for sexual purpose. Watermelon seeds increase male fertility. For male, lycopene is good for increasing their fertility as well as their sexual passion.
Based on a study, watermelon seeds bring similar function as a famous sexual medicine that prolongs the erection. Yet, they bring no side effect. The existence of various vitamin facilitate the blood to flow smoothly. They maintain the activity of our nerves system and make our immune system stronger. Lycopene in watermelon seeds prevents us from early aging,too.
4. Combating Diabetes.
Diabetes patients can use watermelon seeds as part of their medication. Boil watermelon seeds for 40-45 minutes. We can drink it as if we drink tea everyday.
5. Sharpening Memory.
Watermelon seeds are essential for building the strength of our memory. Consuming watermelon seeds helps us to make our memory sharp. The more often we consume watermelon seeds, the stronger your memory will be.
6. Controlling Our Blood Pressure.
Protein in watermelon seeds contains several amino acid. One of them is arginin. Arginin is essential for controlling our blood pressure and healing coronary heart disease. The others amino acid in watermelon seeds include tryptophan, glutamate acid, and lisin. The mineral that dominates most of watermelon seeds is magnesium. Magnesium has essential function for our health, especially for our heart because it controls our blood pressure as well as the carbohydrate metabolism in our body.
7. Preventing Our Digestive System.
Watermelon seeds are rich of fiber and vitamin B. Our body needs vitamin B to transform our food intake to become energy. The most vitamin B found in watermelon seeds is niacin. Niacin is essential for keeping our nerve system, digestive system and our skin health. Another vitamin B in watermelon seeds include folic, thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and pantothenate acid.
8. Controlling Carbohydrate Metabolism and Blood Sugar.
Watermelon seeds contain a lot of mineral. Magnesium is the most mineral found in them. Magnesium is important for controlling our blood pressure and carbohydrate metabolism. The other important mineral in watermelon seeds are phosphor, iron, sodium, copper, mangan, and zinc.
9. Reducing Blood Cholesterol.
The fat found in watermelon seeds is monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, and fat acid omega 6. Based on The American Heart Association, both fats can reduce the level of our cholesterol and acid fat omega 6 can reduce blood pressure.
10. Healing Coronary Heart Disease.
Watermelon seeds are unbelievably claimed as part of coronary heart disease medication. They contain a lot of protein. Protein in watermelon seeds consist of several components and various amino acid. The amino acid is essential for healing coronary heart disease.
11. Preventing the Health of Our Skin.
Lisin in watermelon seeds are essential for the forming of collagen in our body to keep our skin healthy and prevent us from early aging. Watermelon seeds processed food can be used a s a healthy snack since they can meet the nutrition requirement that our body needs so that they can be used as a healthy diet snack.
12. Rich of Fiber and Vitamin B.
In several international research, watermelon seeds are proven effective since they contain various beneficial substances. Two of them are vitamin B and fiber. Vitamin B in watermelon seeds is niacin that beneficial for protecting the digestive system and skin.
13. Promoting Hair Growth.
Watermelon seeds are good for promoting hair growth since they contain copper. Our body needs pigment that brings color to our hair as well as to our skin. The copper content in watermelon seeds can produce hemoglobin. One once of watermelon seeds provide 192 micro gram or 21% of copper for our daily need.
14. Moisturizing Hair.
The oil of watermelon seeds can be used to moisture our hair since it is light and easy to absorb without disrupting the pores of our scalp.
15. Preventing Hair from Breakage.
Watermelon seeds oil is rich of fatty acids that are essential for our hair to make it moisture and safe from breakage.
16. Moisturizing Skin.
Watermelon seeds contain unsaturated fatty acids that moisturizes our skin. As a result, our skin becomes soft, firm, and acne free.
17. Preventing Skin Aging.
Since watermelon seeds contain antioxidant and oil that will make our skin look younger, healthier and more vibrant, they prevent us from early aging. Consuming a handful of watermelon seeds a week is the best choice for making our skin becomes more healthier.
18. Essential Ingredients for Baby Oil.
The oil of watermelon seeds are called Kalahari is essential for our skin. Since the texture is light and does not disrupt our skin pores, it acts as a great natural moisturizer. Therefore, it is also used as an essential ingredient for baby oil.
19. Skin Cleanser.
Its light texture helps us easily remove the dirt and grease in our skin pores. As a result, our skin will be healthy and acne free. The oil can be applied in any kind of skin types.
20. Combating Aging Degradation.
Watermelon seeds are helpful in combating aging degradation because it regenerates our skin elasticity.
21. Skin Cancer Protector.
Rich of various nutrition make watermelon seeds are powerful in protecting our skin from skin cancers as well as skin infection.
Watermelon seeds are essential for medication since they contain various substances that help us solving our health problems.
5 Recipe of Watermelon Seeds for Our Health Problems:
- Drink them twice a day.
- Mix them well and drink at once.
- When it is warm, add a spoonful of honey.
- Take a spoonful of the powder, put it in a cup and pour 3/4 hot water.
- Dry watermelon seeds, minced until they become powder.
- Take a handful of watermelon seeds.
- Boil them with a liter of water for 45 minutes in a closed pot.
- After it is cold, drink it like we drink tea.
- Drink it everyday.
For Kidney Stones:
- 4 spoonful of fresh watermelon seed.
- 2 liter of water.
- Mince them well and boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain them and drink the water.
- Add sugar or lemon.
- Drink them twice a day during recovery period.
For Bladder Infection:
- Take 2 spoonful of watermelon seeds.
- Boil them in 3 glasses of water in a closed pot.
- Let them cold, drink 3-4 times a day ( a spoonful each).
- Drink them regularly until we get better.
Watermelon seeds offer benefit for people who are on diet and spend their time snacking between their hectic days.
For Watermelon Seeds for Homemade Snack:
- 1/2 cup of watermelon seeds.
- 1/4 tea spoon of olive oil.
- Add a little bit of sugar.
- Mix them well.
- Put them on a baking tray.
- Roasted them for 10-15 minutes in 325 degree.
- Homemade watermelon seeds snack is ready to serve.
Watermelon indeed brings numerous benefits for our health. We can eat them directly together with the fruit or we can eat them in the form of watermelon seeds processed food since they also share the same benefit. However, we are suggested not to eat watermelon during our diet since its seeds contain a lot of calorie. Yet, for the same reason the snack made from watermelon seeds is perfect to consume before doing sport since they will make us full faster.
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!