Rice, contains much of carbohydrates that is useful for the body or you can read health benefits of brown rice tea. It is including white rice and brown rice. Brown rice itself originally was the white rice without the milling process that removes the outer layers of husk, bran and germ. We almost eat rice three times a day as carbohydrate, but we may don’t know that it has also benefits for dogs especially brown rice and also the nutrients contained in it, such as or you can read health benefits of brown rice:
Nutrients of Brown Rice
- Vitamins B2, B3 and B6
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin E
- Fatty acids
As we know, it is necessary to keep the dogs we own to be healthy. One thing you can do is by giving the good quality food or you can read health benefits of beets for dogs. Here are some details Health Benefits of Brown Rice for Dogs:
- To Cure Upset Tummy
When the dogs are sick because of an upset stomach, the way you can try is by feeding the dogs with cooked brown rice and it will give them energy that make them recover soon. It is very suitable for the older dogs or for those with stomach problems because it is easier to digest.
- Gain Weight
When the dogs need to increase the body weights, you can try to give them steamed brown rice in order to add calories of the dog’s diet. When the body weights are increase and have normal weights, it will make them healthy.
- Helps Overcome Constipation
Brown rice is high in fiber as The Health Benefits of Brown Rice for Dogs which is mean that it can help the constipated dog. It high of fiber is because of the bran contained which distinguish between brown rice and white rice. This high of fiber will not be suitable for the dogs with diarrhea because it triggered the upset stomach further.
- Stabilize Blood Sugar Levels
Brown rice is less of sugar and calories compared to white rice you consume daily. This is also a must to do for dogs with diabetes to consume food with less sugar or you can also read health benefits sweet potatoes diabetics. The fact from an article published in 2006 with theme “International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition” says that brown rice contained up to 23.7 less sugar percent in compared to milled rice.
- Lower the Risk of Diabetes
Diabetes not only can affect human but also for dogs. As we known before, brown rice can stabilize blood sugar level, so then when the sugar lever is normal, it means the dogs will prevent or avoid the dogs from diabetes. The fact says that the risk of diabetes reduces by 16 percent from consuming brown rice.
Recommendation Intake with How to Make Food with Brown Rice for Dogs:
The food you can make for your dog, at first you have to make sure that the brown rice is soft enough or you can read health benefits of turmerics for dogs. The reason is because so dogs’ intestinal tract doesn’t irritate or hurt, so this is the way you can take:
- If the rice you take is a cup then you can take one and half a cup of water [Ratio: 1 (rice):1 ½ (water)]
- Then you can soak it in a pot (covered) for a short span of thirty minutes or as long as eight to twelve at room temperature. (If it soaking for a longer time, then you have to drained the water and replaced it with new fresh water half way through the soak)
- Simmer it in forty minutes then let it remain for ten more minutes after it has been removed from the heat.
After giving it to your dog, then the remaining of it can you store in the fridge in an airtight container for three to five days. For the recipe you can try this: Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Brown Rice
- One cup of brown rice
- Two cups of water
- One raw sweet potato in a medium chunk along with skin
- Three sliced carrots
- Two boneless chicken breasts or four to six boneless chicken thighs without skin
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot
- Cook all in eight hours on low and five hours on high
- After done cooking, then stir well and break up the chicken into small pieces
- You can serve it to your dog when it cooled.
The quantity you can serve the food depending on your dog’s weight and level of activity. The other portion that not yet serving can be stored in the fridge for three to five days.
Cautions of Brown Rice for Dogs
The Health Benefits of Brown Rice for Dogs you can get with notice this caution:
- Never feed a brown rice or carbohydrates other than kibble dogs. There’s already more than enough carbs in the stuff.
- Never let your dog to eat carbohydrates (including vegetables) with total more than 30% in the food. A dog is a carnivore or meat-eaters.
- Never try to microwave the foods of the dogs. Those rays will lose all nutrition needed.
- Never feed you dog with rice and raw meat (this will make the tummy upset because rice will slow down the digest while raw digests faster)
- Serving the same food daily for a long period can make such as allergies, while the fact says the body has developed intolerance of foods.