People are starting to realize how important healthy living lifestyle is. That is why they are starting to eat more vegetables and fruits but they forget to enjoy and savor them. It is different when you eat something because you should eat them with when you eat something because you want them. Most parents are frustrating when their children don’t want to eat vegetables they’ve served on their plate; it is because those parents forget to teach their children how to savor them but only force those vegetables and fruits for them to eat because they should. Smoothie is one of the fun ways you could teach yourself and your family to how savor their food because smoothie is not only healthy but also super tasty.
Strawberry and Banana Smoothies
Smoothies are different from fruit juices. Due to its name, smoothies, this type of beverage has thicker texture than common fruit juices due to some additional ingredients such as ice cream, yogurt and cookies that are blended together with raw fruits. Strawberry and banana are making delicious smoothies when added with ice cream or Greek yogurt. Not only that, the health benefits of strawberry banana smoothies will solve all parents’ problem toward their needs to ensure the essential nutrients intake for their family.
Nutritional Values of Strawberry and Banana
When talking about the nutritional values found in strawberry and banana the list could endless but the list below may give you a big picture how healthy the combination of those two fruits are.
Strawberry is packed with vitamin C, beta-carotene and vitamin A
- Excellent Immunity Booster
One of the benefits of strawberry you could get its vitamin c benefits. It is excellent immunity booster, especially during recovery stage after illness.
- Regulates Blood Sugar
Those who have been diagnosed with certain types of diabetes could rely on strawberry to help regulating the blood sugar level. Moreover, strawberry smoothies are going to be healthy option of beverage during diabetic diet.
- Promotes Healthy Cardiovascular System
It applies to all types of cardiovascular system, including reducing the risk of stroke, the symptoms of high blood pressure up to managing cholesterol level.
- Good for Vision
One of the health benefits of beta-carotene is good for vision and preventing macular degeneration diseases that could lead to blindness. Surprisingly strawberry is packed with beta-carotene in quite high amount.
- Super Brain Food
Strawberry contains anthocyanins that according to research is good to enhance memory especially for kids.
- Supports Optimal Bones Development
One of the vitamins contained in strawberry is vitamin K which is essential to the optimal absorption of calcium to support bone health.
- Great for Digestion
One more properties found in strawberry is fiber. It is a common knowledge that one of the health benefits of fiber is to support better digestion.
- Reduces the Risk of Baby Born with Birth Defect
Some studies have showed significant result about the risk reduction of baby born with birth defect for mothers who are consuming strawberry during pregnancy.
Banana is excellent source of healthy fat, carbohydrate and folate.
- Excellent Source of Folate
Folate or vitamin B9 is essential nutrient for mothers during pregnancy. Folate optimizes the brain development of the fetus and reduces the risk of baby born with birth defect.
- Great for Nervous System
Folate is not only good for brain but also for nervous system especially for mothers during pregnancy.
- Packed with Iron
One of the minerals you could find in banana is iron. One of the health benefits of iron is to maintain the production of red blood cells.
- Solutions of Anemia
As mentioned in previous point, as banana is packed with iron it is also a natural solution to fight anemia.
- Natural Solution to Diarrhea
Less people know about how to prevent diarrhea naturally. Actually, banana is one of natural solution to treat diarrhea.
- Packed with Protein
Those who are currently in body building program is recommended to add strawberry banana smoothies to diet due to its protein content to optimize muscle building.
- Reduces the Symptoms of Morning Sickness
It is not easy to deal with morning sickness but consuming banana regularly in the morning may help in reducing the symptom.
- Excellent Source of Carbohydrate
Banana is excellent source of carbohydrate. That is why banana is an excellent option of fruit for breakfast.
- Natural Energy Booster
As mentioned in previous point, as banana is packed with carbohydrate, it is also a natural energy booster. So whenever you need instant energy booster, just eat banana and you will be energized in no time.
That is why strawberry banana smoothies are not only good for adults and children but is especially recommended for mothers during pregnancy. Just imagine all those amazing benefits of strawberry and banana are mixed into one tasty and healthy smoothie that you could enjoy in daily basis.
Cautions of Strawberry and Banana Mixed in Smoothies
Well asides from its ridiculously list of benefits for human health, still there are some cautions you should worry about when it comes to strawberry and banana smoothies though the list is not something you should worry about, just to be a little bit careful.
- Be careful with the amount of banana you add to the smoothies because banana is excellent source of carbohydrate. Instead of losing weight, banana could add weight to your scale when you eat it too much.
- Be careful with the amount of strawberry you add to your smoothies as well because the sour flavor of strawberry is not only ruining the already wonderful taste of the smoothies but could cause some stomach problems for those who have sensitive stomach.
- Be careful with additional ingredients you add to your smoothies for the smooth texture such as milk, ice cream, yogurt or cookies. Yogurt is delicious and healthy but it is recommended to choose the low fat only. The same thing goes with the choice of ice cream, milk and cookies.
- Be careful with strawberry and banana smoothies you bought from the vendor stand because you have no idea what stuffs have been added to the ‘so called’ healthy smoothies. Most vendors will add refined sugar, syrup or other artificial flavoring to add more flavors to the smoothies.
It is better to always make your own strawberry banana smoothies to ensure the right amount of strawberry and banana as well as the additional ingredients that are not only satisfying for your taste but also good for your health.