Have you ever considered eating guava for skin? Guava is a tropical fruit that tastes like a cross between a strawberry and a pear. In addition to its amazing taste, it has vitamin C, Lycopene, vitamin K and antioxidants that are beneficial to the skin. Besides its unique flavor and sweet taste, it has been proven that guava has numerous health benefits to the general body.
This article will probably leave you amazed since it precisely explains why you should consider eating guava for its benefits to the skin just like Benefits of Rice Water for Skin and Hair You Must Know. Here are 5 benefits of guava for skin.
- Fights signs of skin ageing
Guava is a source of vitamin A, B, C and potassium which are good antioxidants and detoxifiers, as a matter of fact, these nutrients fight the free radicals just like Benefits of Taking vitamin C Tablets for Skin and Health. Thus giving skin glow and prevents premature signs of ageing, wrinkles and fine lines.
Lycopene in the guava protects healthy cells from toxins. This toxins damage DNA in charge of growth and development of cells causing premature ageing.
- Protects the skin from UV rays
One guava fruit has 2.9 grams of lycopene an antioxidant. This amount is relatively high compared to other fruits. In addition, lycopene provides protection for your skin from the harmful UV rays. Exposure to UV rays leads to skin damage.
- Improves skin complexion
Complexion is the natural color; texture and appearance of a person’s skin especially the face. Guava benefits the skin by improving the complexion making it radiant and beautiful. A guava and egg yolk homemade scrub helps in removing dead skin hence enhancing a natural complexion just Benefits of Aloe Vera for Beauty.
- It’s a skin toner
Surprisingly, washing your face with immature guava improves the skin tone. Taking guava enhances the effectiveness of vitamin C cleansing as well as antibacterial protection making the skin fresh and free of bacteria. This enhances skin texture and helps in regaining elasticity of the skin just like Health Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Skin.
- Helps in keeping the skin hydrated
The guava fruit contains 81% of water. For the skin to stay hydrated, plenty of water is needed. Therefore guava helps by keeping the skin hydrated leaving no room for dry skin conditions that arise from dehydration. Vitamin c also plays a role in preventing dry skin just like Health Benefits of Macadamia Oil for Skin Treatments.
How to use guava
Here is steps by steps to get health benefits of guava for skin treatments:
1. eating it raw
- Pick or buy fresh guava that has no blemish. Wash the fruit preferably under running water.
- Cut the guava into two pieces and use a spoon to scoop.
- It may also be eaten with the rinds which have more vitamin C than an entire orange.
- Enjoy the fruit by optional seasoning with salt, pepper, sugar or vinegar.
2. Juicing the fruit
- 3-4 medium guavas (chopped)
- 2 cups chilled water to add as required
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- Wash the guava very well.
- Add 1 cup of water and blend the guava to a smooth pulp.
- Sieve the pulp so as to extract the smooth pulp in the bowl.
- Add 1 cup chilled water. Add sugar and stir till it dissolves.
- Pour the juice in glasses and serve guava juice immediately.
4. Spicy guava salad
- 2-4 medium-sized guavas
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- A pinch of chaat masala
- A few coriander strings finely chopped
- Lemon juice
- Wash and chop the guavas finely or into bite-sized pieces depending on your preference.
- Put the chopped guavas into a bowl.
- Add chaat masala, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Finally, add the finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Squeeze the lemon over it and give it a good toss till everything is mixed.
- Serve immediately.
5. Guava homemade scrub
- Smash two teaspoons of guava flesh and mix with an egg yolk.
- Apply the mixture on your skin for 20-30 minutes. Massage your skin with the mixture as you wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use the scrub 2-3 times a week to remove dead skin cells and lighten your complexion.
- This way you reap the benefits of guava for skin.
Although guava is neglected at times due to its hardness and presence of many seeds. It has nutrients that are essentially good to the general body’s wellness. Today it may not be the most popular fruit but more and more people are becoming aware of its uses and benefits.