Having white skin is a dream for most Asian women, and kaolin clay could help achieve that dream easily. Many beauty products out of kaolin are available in stores for one to choose from, ranging from soaps, scrubs, deodorants, facial powders, and facial masks. Kaolin clay is a type of soft white clay predominantly used for cosmetic purposes.
It is named after China’s Kao Ling mountain, where the clay has been mined and obtained since centuries ago. But now, it is time to obtain the benefits and uses of kaolin clay mask for skin whitening.
What are its Benefits?
- Kaolin Clay Mask Reduces Oily Skin
Kaolin clay is a natural absorbent, in fact an intensive absorbent! They are able to absorb excess sebum on the skin not only on the surface, but also down until the pores!
- Kaolin Clay Mask Purifies Pores and Detoxes the Skin
Since kaolin clay is a natural detoxifying agent, they are able to suck dirt, pollution, germs, or other impurities from the pores, because otherwise when ignored they may clog up and cause breakouts.
- Kaolin Clay Mask Cleanses the Skin
Kaolin clay is a gentle substance, which is also suitable to be made into an everyday facial cleanser.
- Kaolin Clay Mask is Very Good for Irritated Skin
Whether irritation is caused by insect bites, poison ivy, or just a common rash, kaolin clay mask is able to deal with it all!
- Kaolin Clay Mask Soothes Sensitive Skin
Kaolin clay is the mildest clay compared to all the other clays of there, which means that it is definitely safe for one with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Kaolin Clay Mask Treats Acne
Skin redness, irritation, pain and pusses that are common to acne can also be treated using a weekly application of kaolin clay mask.
- Kaolin Clay Mask Also Works as a Natural Shampoo
Thanks to its abilities in absorbing dirt, oils and other impurities, this has made kaolin clay to also be able to be made into a natural shampoo, particularly when mixed with benefits of apple cider vinegar.
- Kaolin Clay Mask Exfoliates Dead Skin Cells
Despite being slightly abrasive in texture, kaolin clay remains an excellent exfoliant. It easily scrapes off dead skin cells in order to get a fresher and smoother one.
- Kaolin Clay Mask is Used for Deodorants
Being anti-toxin, this is why kaolin clay is also added in certain types of deodorant. Kaolin clay soaks up perspiration from the underarms to prevent it from getting bad odour.
- Kaolin Clay Mask Cleanses the Teeth
Surprisingly, kaolin clay is often featured as an ingredient for toothpastes, because of its whitening traits, and also for its ability to eliminate toxins, plaque and tartar from the teeth.
- Kaolin Clay Mask Tightens, Tones, and Firms Skin
And finally, kaolin health benefits clay soil tightens, tones, and firms skin as the final stages to using kaolin clay treatment. And after all, it is the toning trait of kaolin clay (and also being a natural whitening substance) which helps to achieve a fairer skin!
How to Make DIY Kaolin Clay Mask
- 2 teaspoons of white kaolin clay
- 1 tablespoons of benefits drinking green tea beauty
- 1 teaspoon of health benefits of aloe vera gel
- 2 drops of health benefits of lavender oil
- Small bowl and spoon
- Face mask brush
- First, use the small bowl to mix kaolin clay and green tea until it becomes a paste. Then add the lavender oil and aloe vera gel.
- Stir them all well.
- Dip the face mask brush, and apply them evenly on the face and neck. Avoid the eyes, mouth and eyebrows.
- Leave the mask for 5 minutes.
- Afterwards, rinse off with warm water or dab using a warm damp towel to do it.
- Splash your face in cold water and pat it dry using a towel.
- Finally, apply moisturizer as usual.
- This mask can be used at a frequency of 1-2 times a week.
Cautions and Recommendations
Kaolin clay has always been intended for external use only, because consumption of it may end up in lead poisoning, suffocation, intestinal blockage, as well as skin sores.