Foot reflexology is commonly famous treatment for many health issues. This is due to the foot contains reflex points that correspond to every part of the body.
Furthermore, it brings balance and many more health benefits of Chinese reflexology. Therefore, it is known to be beneficial for many health conditions in body metabolism.
Chinese Foot Reflexology Philosophy
Chinese foot reflexology comes from a philosophy that a life force called Qi flows around the body. It is connecting each organ. It made from two opposite force yin and yang. According to ancient Chinese philosophy, this Qi can be unblocked by acupoints. The feet, hence, providing dense network of such acupoints that allow foot reflexology to unblock the life force. It can be happened through massaging the corresponding reflex point in the foot.
From the philosophy, the benefits of Chinese foot reflexology are able to optimize the body metabolism. In fact, it has been a valuable part of alternative medical breakthrough, Therefore, it is a good choice of health therapy. A regular foot massage can promote psychological as well as physical health. Furthermore, below are the benefits:
1. Improves Blood Circulation
There are so may causes that make the foot muscles not work properly. Starting from improper footwear up to less exercise. Those make the blood circulation is not optimize. Therefore, foot massage is needed to improve the blood circulation and make proper oxygen supply to the whole body. This is essential for maintaining healthy body. Furthermore, the foot reflexology will help to prevent varicose veins. This is the same health benefits of arrowroot tea.
2. Improves Digestive System
Foot massage can help to promote the digestive system. The digestive body parts related to the foot nerve can be optimize. Therefore, it can produce a proper digestive hormone which can effectively change the food into an energy. Furthermore it will help to absorb important nutrient and avoid the form of unwanted fats.
3. Promote Better Sleep
Massage the foot before going to bed can help to promote a better sleep. A soothing and relaxing foot massage will help relax the nerves. These can result an encourage of restful sleep. By massaging certain acupuncture points on the feet, it help the optimum blood circulation to result relaxing hormones and improve the sleep quality.
4. Fight Depression
There is a study published in some journal mention that foot reflexology can deal with the stressful period. It provides consolation and balance emotional in life. Certain points on the feet are helpful to avoid depression symptoms.
Furthermore, some points related with the emotional stability and mental health. Therefore, massaging these points or applying pressure to them for a few minutes can help to relieve symptoms of depression. This is the same health benefits of coffee fruit to relieve stresses.
5. Avoid Cardiovascular Disease
Massaging the foot will impact the optimum blood circulation. Therefore, it is good to maintain cardiovascular system. It can help to avoid cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and heart attack. Furthermore, applying regular massage once in a week will benefit to avoid the damage of the blood vessel.
6. Relieves Pain
An optimize blood circulation can help to avoid pain in some parts of the body. Therefore, foot reflexology believed can soothe the pain and ache. Such as abdominal pain and migraines. By controlling the nerve system, it will control the ache nerve in the brain to eliminate the pain feeling. This is the same health benefits of indian long pepper that can reduce the ache feeling by controlling the brain nerve.
7. Soothe Many Diseases
The reflexology can help to soothe many diseases. Any diseases related to the nerve can be eliminated by stimulated the blood flow which related to the system in the foot. Such as kidney issues or any diseases related to the brain or stomach.
8. Optimize The Nerve System
By doing foot massage regularly, the nerve system can be improved and optimized. Therefore, it is good to avoid any kind of nerve medical issues. This is the same health benefits eating goat liver that can benefit the nerve improvement.
Recommended Techniques To Do Foot Reflexology
To gain the benefits of Chinese foot reflexology, there are several techniques to apply:
- Find the hypothalamus reflex point in the top of the toe. Including the pineal gland and the pituitary gland. This is all important gland that support the brain function.
- Look at a reflexology chart. Therefore, it will be easy to visually mapped the reflexology points on the foot which relate to the body system.
- Use a few different techniques to stimulate the related nerve. Furthermore, try to start by lightly stroking the reflex point with a downward motion by the fingertips.
- Use finger walking method by pressing up and down the food with the thumb and forefinger.
- Apply some firm pressure to the reflex point for about one minute. This is the best method to avoid health risks of stress that might related with the foot nerve system.
- Repeat this movement until the blood circulation is performing better. Normally the related ache point will feel hard when massaged. Therefore, if it is start to firm, means the blood circulation is start to recover. [AdSense-C]
Side Effects of Foot Reflexology
Foot reflexology shall not be harmful for many peoples except for those with below conditions:
- Usually pregnant woman will suggested to avoid foot massage. Since it can result some risk of miscarriage. Therefore, it is better not to perform the massage while pregnant.
- There is a possibility of fatigue after performing foot massage. But these might last for only few days.
- It is not recommend to perform the reflexology during cold, since it can make the symptoms worst.
Reflexology define the image of the body mapped onto the foot, including all the body system nerve. It will improve the flow of energy to the related body part.