Have you ever felt so exhausted and badly needed a break? Does that intense feeling seem not only from a physical condition but also mentally?
Maybe the answer is: You need a good memorable holiday!
There are many researches which already prove the impact of a good-quality holiday upon the health condition.
It is not only affecting the mental condition, but also the physical.
The most potent effect holiday can be obtained by doing some decent elaborate travelling.
Travelling can be done in many ways suited with various needs of the person. Some people may think more about the budget, but others prefer concerning the accordance and accommodations of the destination.
One way or another, people will find the most favorable experiences for their destine vacation. You may feel it by yourself: there are so many benefits of taking vacation.
Thus, departing from that, we will further discuss about the topic – and here are five health benefits of travelling for your mind and body:
1. Developing body immune system.
Travelling means one’s visiting certain different places and environments, sometimes even with different ecosystem, climate, or weather.
You’ll find many different biotic and abiotic components across various situations of dwellings.
Hence, by doing this regularly, the body will gradually develop an extravagant antibodies and enhance the immune system by itself.
And if you have some plan to go to Japan, don’t forget to try the Sencha Tea which has many health benefits of Japanese Sencha Tea and can make you a little bit more relax during the journey.
2. Easily adapt to a new environment and condition.
If you are travelling often and a lot, you’ll find different custom and cultural policies from different circumstances.
In that case, you’ll need a vigorous physical and mental adaptation skill.
This is outrageously amazing since your body will adjust to every different context with ease and autonomously.
Spoiling your body seems not good enough, thus, travelling will be the ‘easiest’ way for exposing self-with new physical experience.
Also don’t forget to bring your hammock for optional resting accommodation since you may believe that many health benefits of sleeping in a hammock.
3. It may improve the brain fitness.
Since you’ll progressively meet new culture, custom and social system, your mind will be more expanded.
It is so beneficial for the health since the exposure of novel experiences can intensify the cognitive flexibility, or in the other words, preserving the mind in its peak condition.
A study suggested that person regularly travel tended to be more open minded and stable emotionally.
4. Almost no chance for heart diseases.
People with a broad time window and enormous rate of roaming experiences are rarely having a low mental condition such as stress, anxious, pessimism or depression.
Of course it’s happened since they are regularly keen to take some breaks from things which oppress their mind.
Some studies found that people which doing a lot of travel were rarely contracted with any heart diseases and grieved heart attack.
5. Some specific places even have healing abilities.
We can’t deny that many places have some specific healing abilities, literary. Some of them have physical effect like regeneration, recovery, etc.
But there are many others which also have a deep impact with mental and spiritual condition.
Places like hot springs may give some physical effect; as mentally, you can try to go to places with amazing view or scenery.
You may choose to go to sea, even you don’t need to dip in, sea air is actually good for you. And many sacred places become the spiritual travelling destination and pilgrimage.
Now, you already know the healthy effect of traveling. Thus, do not hesitate anymore. Pick up your carrier, and just go wherever your feet bring you.
But before you depart, here are some travel-safety tips that may help you along the way:
- Make a detail and elaborate itinerary. This is important since it’s extremely correlated with your budgeting, time management, and expedition efficiency during your vacation.
- Try to blend-in with the environment. It doesn’t mean that you need to use some camouflage or something, but just try to not draw too many attentions since, sometimes, people think a foreigner is vulnerable.
- Keep your important documents stay safe. As an instance, if you travel abroad, things like passport, insurance paper, visa’s administrations, etc. need to be kept extravagantly. Even making some copies is necessary and not so exaggerated.
- Give some news and words to your relatives back home. A prominent communication acts as your prolonged ‘life insurance’ when something gone wrong pretty badly. Your colleague may track and find you according to the latest information that you shared. So make sure you give clear and reliable news to them.
- Always keep your keen eyes be aware and do not let your guard down. To be aware of surroundings do not tend to make you fear with other and everything. But to keep the mind as sharp as possible, it is an important thing for traveler. Make sure all your personal belonging still close to you and maintain a communication with stranger, only if it is necessary.
- Keep yourself as clean as possible. Bring some hand sanitizer and soap like ‘Lifebuoy’ since there are many benefits of Lifebuoy hand wash for health.
So those are five health benefits of travelling for your mind and body which can add some insight for you.
Zimmermann, J., & Neyer, F. J. (2013). Do we become a different person when hitting the road? Personality development of sojourners. Journal of personality and social psychology, 105(3), 515.