Ocotea is kind of flowering plant that lived in Americas. It lives specifically in Ecuador. It produces essential oil which rich of champor and safrole. With the most active ingredients are alpha-humulene and beta-caryophyllene. There are many health benefits of ocotea essential oil. Therefore, people is start to use this oil due to its benefit. Even though it is not the most famous essential oil, but still it is highly effective.
Ocotea oil is extracted from the stem and leaves of the ocotea tree. It is related to the cinnamon species but with different aroma. Only female ocotea tree producing foliage that suitable for distillation into essential oils. Previously, the main use of ocotea is for sweets and cakes. But now, it is widely use for medicine and aromatherapy. It has proven good for wellness and improved well being.
There is no specific information for ocotea essential oil nutritional value. Unless that it contains active ingredients of alpha-humulene and beta-caryophyllene. Most of the ocotea essential oil contains purely 100% extract oil of the plant. Below is detail description of the health benefits of ocotea essential oil:
1. Improve Digestion
The oil can help to ensure a smooth and fast digestive system. It stimulates the digestive metabolism. It also optimize the digestive enzyme. Therefore, it helps people with diarrhea, cramps and constipation. It helps the body to absorb important nutrients. Hence, it helps to avoid nutrients deficiency in the human body. Which is the same way as the Health Benefits of Mulberry Fruit.
2. Lower Blood Sugar Level
Ocotea essential oil is effective to reduce the blood sugar level. It stimulates the body to produce insulin resistance. This is important to prevent glucose drop. Which can control the sugar level in the blood.
3. Prevent Diabetes
For diabetic patients, to moderate the blood sugar level is quite important. Since it can help to prevent the spikes. Therefore, it is a good treatment to prevent diabetes. But, diabetic patient shall use this oil with caution. The same as Benefits of Soursop Leaves for Diabetes. It can also help to prevent diabetes too.
4. Maintain Healthy Skin
The oil can treat various skin disease, such as eczema and acne. It helps to rejuvenate the skin. It also produces a smooth and healthy skin. Furthermore, it can prevent dark spot and avoid early wrinkle. When it applied directly to the skin, it can bring benefit of glowing skin.
Ocotea essential oil in aromatherapy which can help to soothe the nervous system. It lower down the stress hormone levels in the body. Furthermore, it relaxes the mood and promote calm feeling. Therefore, it is a good anti-depressant. Hence, it help to deliver a good sleep for people with insomnia problems. It also help during PMS syndrome.
6. Prevents Fungal Infection
Many people experience fungal infection. Whether it is in hand or feet. The oil has a good anti-fungal property. Therefore, it can protect from irritating condition. Furthermore, it works as anti-bacteria that works to eliminate the candida. It produces a fast curing from fungal infection.
7. Maintain Healthy Heart
Ocotea essential oil can works as an anti-oxidant property which can benefit the cardiovascular health. This help to prevent the development of atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and heart palpitations. Furthermore, it produce a strength heart by optimize the blood supply to the heart.
Especially for woman that have a higher risk of heart attack. It is important to understand the Symptoms of Heart Attack in Women. However, it is better to consult the doctor before using the oil for medical treatment. Since it might interfere the medical prescription.
8. Weight Loss
Eventhough essential oils usually is not for internal consumption, but an evidence suggests that consume a few drops of the oil can help to curb cravings. It is also promote feelings of fullness. Therefore, it is good to people who wants to lose weight in a healthy way. It prevents overeating and snacking between meals. Furthermore, it is an excellent way to prevent obesity.
Ocotea essential oil can help to soothe inflammation in tissues and organ systems. The application of the essential oil can help to reduce bacterial. It is also help to soothe the pain and swollen in the body organ. It works by transmitting the nerve to relief the pain from disease. Therefore, it can reduce disease such as sore throat.
10. Maintain Healthy Hair
It helps to stimulate the blood flow into the scalp. Therefore, it can produce a healthy hair. Furthermore, it prevents hair loss and resulted a shiny hair. It eliminates dandruff and optimize the hair growth. As additional, it keeps the hair colour and hair strength.
11. Reduce Injury
The oil contains alpha-humulene, which protects the body against injuries and irritation. Therefore, it can helps as a disinfectant agent. Which can benefit as an aid and result a fast cure to the wound. Furthermore, it shields the body from any bacterial and viral attacks.
Hence, for any sudden injuries due to daily activities can be cured by applying this oil. It gives a fast relief and reduce the pain caused from the injury. The same Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil. Which is good to fasten remedies of injury.
12. Maintain Cardiovascular System
The Ocotea essential oil can lower down the LDL and triglyceride level in the blood. It helps to increase HDL level. Furthermore, it promotes the smooth flow of blood in the arteries.
It helps to support the heart in pumping blood smoothly. Therefore, it can maintain the cardiovascular system. It is good to prevent stroke and also heart attack.
The oil stimulates the body to detox the toxin out through liver system. It works as a cleanser and a purifier. Therefore, it can help the body in getting rid of waste and also effectively cleanses the liver from toxic accumulation. Furthermore, it gives the body a fresh metabolism. It leads to a healthy body.
14. Reduces Headache
Some studies find that the oil can help to reduce headaches. It induces calmness and lower down the stress by leads to a relax mind. Therefore, it helps people which experience with migraine. Furthermore, it optimizes the oxygen supplies to the nerve. Hence, the pain feeling can be eliminated. The same Benefits of Echinacea Tea. It can also reduce the headache.
15. Maintain Blood Pressure
The oil can act as a vasodilator. This promotes a smooth flow of blood through the blood vessels. Hence, it can help to controls high blood pressure. Therefore, it is suitable for people with problems of hypertension and stress.
Recommended Intake of Ocotea Essential Oil
There are some ways to get the benefit of ocotea essential oil. Below are the recommended ways:
- By diluting. It is suggested to dilute the oil with another oil such as olive oil or water. For the best dosage shall as per advised from medical practitioner.
- By diffuser. The oil can be diffuse as an aromatherapy. It can diffuse in to the room by using a diffuser.
- By massage. The oil can be applied directly to the injured body. Furthermore, it can be used for massage oil.
Side Effects of Ocotea Essential Oil
Like any other essential oi, ocotea also have some potential side effects. Below are the side effects of using ocotea essential oil:
- Ocotea might produce skin irritation such as rash, swelling and itchiness. Therefore, it is important to test the strength versus the skin sensitivity. Mainly for people with allergic problems. Since ocotea can stimulate allergic reaction for those with allergic history.
- The health benefits of ocotea essential oil is including to lowering blood sugar. Therefore, diabetic patient shall be use this product under supervise of the doctors. Otherwise, it can result in hypoglycemia and fatigue.
- Similarly, for people with low blood pressure. It is recommended to avoid using the oil. Since it can result hypotension. Furthermore, it can lead to dizziness and nausea.
- The using of ocotea essential oil can interfere with medical prescription. Therefore, it is better to consult with medical practitioner. Otherwise, it can reduce the effectiveness of medical treatment.
- The oil can produce a stomach upset. Therefore, it is better to use the oil not in an empty stomach.
- It is recommended for pregnant woman not to use this oil during pregnancy. There is no further evidence on the effects. But it is potential to cause miscarriage and chemical induced into the fetus. Therefore, special caution shall be made for pregnant woman who needs to use this oil.
- The oil usage to the children shall be under supervision of medical practitioner. Since the overdose of the oil in the children can lead to the kidney problems.
- It is recommended not to overdose the oil. Otherwise, it can give reaction such as nausea or dizziness.