15 Health Benefits of Water Lily Flower As Herbal Treatments
Water Lily is a unique species of flower, as it has the ability to survive above water. In contrast to other flowers or plants that grow on ground, lotus needs water to survive. We can find lotuses in fish ponds or anywhere with calm waters. Not many people realize the strength of lotus flowers, especially in terms health benefits of water lily. People only know if lotuses are only useful to provide food for fishes.
Health benefits of water lily, which is true specifically for herbal medication. It has varying substance content which enables it to cure various health problems plus diseases. Water Lily flower contains vitamins and minerals such as fibre, protein, carotene, nicotinic acid, calcium, phosphor, iron, vitamin C, vitamins B1 and B7, lipids and carbohydrate.
Here are the contents of lotuses that many may not know.
1. Cures Blood Cough
Blood cough can be treated by lotus flowers, the way cogon grass does it. Nicotinic acid inside the lotus helps to stop blood cough. This is how:
- Make the juice out of lotus rhizomes.
- Mix it with 200cc boiled water.
- Consume the solution 3x per day, at most for 5 days straight.
2. Prevents Diarrhea and Nausea
Diarrhea and nausea leads to the loss of essential body fluids. The juice from lotus rhizomes is a good replacement for lost body fluids. The minerals inside it also serves a good function to increase body fluids. This is how:
- Mix 50g of lotus rhizome with 10g of ginger rhizome.
- Rinse it well.
- Make a juice out of them, filter, and drink the juice 3x daily.
3. Heals Dysentery
Just like diarrhea, dysentery causes body fluids to be gone, in which it needs to be replaced. This formula is useful for treating dysentery:
- Take 50g of lotus rhizomes
- Prepare 10g of scarred ginger, and then squeeze it.
- Add 100cc water and boil it.
- As it cools later on, add 1 spoon of honey for better taste. Stir it well.
4. Normalizes Blood Pressure
People with hypertension should stabilize their blood pressure to avoid further complication. Lotus shoots can alleviate high blood pressure. This is because lotus shoots contain good fat to reduce high blood pressure. This is how you do it:
- Prepare 10g of lotus seeds.
- Prepare another 10g of lotus shoots.
- Mix it with 350cc of clean water.
- Boil it till it decreases up to 200cc. Consume the boiled water regularly.
5. Cures Bleeding Nose
Iron inside lotus flowers have the power to cure bleeding nose. The same iron inside lotus flowers also create new red blood cells. Here is how you do it:
- Take lotus roots.
- Make it into a juice.
- Filter the juice’s water.
- Insert it into the affected nose by drops.
Lotus’ roots, are also widely used for vegetables, specifically in Asian cooking. These are the 12 health benefits of lotus root vegetable.
6. Disappears Insomnia
Insomnia is a lack-of-sleep disease that makes every sleep session a low-quality one. Lotus seeds are good to resist insomnia, thanks to its composition of phosphor and other vitamins. Here is a formula involving lotus seeds commonly used to battle insomnia:
- Take 12 grams of lotus seeds.
- Simmer it for 30 minutes.
- Boil it using 3 glasses of water.
- When boiling, spare one glass.
- Drink the boiled water and eat the seeds.
For your information, lotus seeds are also great for other uses. Here are several lotus seed benefits.
7. Treats Heatiness
Lotus rhizomes are useful to get rid of heatiness just like the wax gourd. This is how it’s done:
- Prepare 100g of clean lotus rhizomes.
- Prepare also 50g of alang-alang.
- Boil everything with 500cc of clean water.
- Spare approximately 250cc of the boiled water.
- Filter and drink the boiled liquid.
8. Resolves Swell and Irritation
Eye swell and irritation can be avoided using lotus seeds. Carotene inside lotus seeds have the ability to solve vision problems including swell and irritation. This is how you prepare it:
- Take 3g of lotus seeds.
- Prepare also 9 grams of seruni flowers.
- Contain them using clean cloth.
- Steam it for approximately 30 minutes, and leave it to cool down afterwards.
- As it cooled, used the cloth to compress the eyes. Do it in the morning and at night.
9. As a Stress Relief
- Get 20 pieces of lotus seeds.
- Get 15g of longan seeds
- Get also 10 angcao fruits (Chinese date-like fruits).
- Include 10 grams of kim cim.
- Boil all of the above using 600cc water.
- Spare half of the total amount boiled.
- Drink the boiled formula.
On the other hand, what are the health risks of stress?
Other Health Uses of Lotus Flowers
There are many health benefits of water lily. Aside from its role as a herbal medication formula, lotuses are good for enhancing other aspects of body health such as;
1. Improves Eyesight
Beta Carotene inside lotus flowers is what improves the eyesight.
2. Creation of Red Blood Cells
For women who suffer from extreme menstruation it would be recommended to consume the water from stewed lotus roots. Lotus roots has a high concentration of iron to better regenerate new red blood cells.
3. Suitable for Diet
Fibre inside lotus seeds is good for those who are on diet, since it has the ability to improve digestion.
4. Strengthens the Teeth
Consuming herbal formulas strengthen the teeth. This is so because lotus rhizomes has a good reserve of calcium. Moreover, please take note that although calcium and iron work in related fields of your body, the two should not be consumed together at once. Here are the side effects of taking iron and calcium together.
Speaking of flowers in general, not only they are beautiful and aromatic, but are also great for one’s holistic well being. These are the benefits of flowers for health and happiness.