Have you ever had a toothache? A toothache is usually caused by various factors such as perforated teeth, sensitive teeth, brittle teeth enamel, porous teeth and, sensitive gum problems.
A toothache usually causes discomfort because the pain will spread to all parts of the mouth. The pain is not only in the teeth but also the jaw, gums to the head.
There are even some people who have a toothache and swelling of the entire jaw. One of the traditional ways to treat a toothache is by gargling salt water. But is it safe and effective way to cure toothaches? Below are some reviews about the efficacy of salt to treat a toothache.
Gynecology in Mineral Salt
Salt can be obtained from two main sources namely sea and aquaculture. Health benefits of Sea salt is processed by evaporating seawater and leaving the rest of the salt crystals. Salt contains more than 75 minerals and other compounds.
Here are some facts about minerals in salt:
- Salt has a major component consisting of sodium and chloride. Sodium and chloride are needed by the body to assist the body in absorbing nutrients, maintaining the nervous system and muscles. Sodium is also important for maintaining blood pressure and muscle function.
- Minerals found in salt are like chloride, sodium, and potassium. So you also may obtain the benefits of drinking salt water for skin.
- Salt contains magnesium that plays a role in the production of body DNA synthesis. Calcium is also important for maintaining bone and teeth strength, maintaining the heart rate system and helping the body control nerve function.
- Salt contains sulfur that serves to keep the immune system and remove all toxins in the body. In addition, sulfur is also important to make heart health is maintained.
- Salt also contains other minerals in small quantities such as phosphorus, zinc, iron, manganese, silicon, and copper. Iron and zinc are needed by the body to maintain metabolic processes. while phosphorus is also important to support the body’s energy production process, maintaining the components of bones and teeth as well as maintaining the cell structure of the body.
- In ancient times salt is often used as a remedy for a toothache. Gargling with salt water is considered the most potent to be drug and also teeth health treatment. But, whether this fact is true. Below are some lists of the benefits of salt during a toothache.
Benefits of Warm Salt Water Rinse for Toothache
Here are the warm benefits of salt water rinse for toothache:
1. Heals Gum Injuries
Salt contains a natural antiseptic that can heal wounds on the gums quickly. Gargling with salt water mixed with warm water can make the condition of the sore tooth becomes more comfortable. Salt water can also help kill all bacteria in the mouth so that bacteria in the tooth will also die. Besides that, health benefits of ampalaya leaves are also able to overcome teeth problem.
2. Killing Germs and Bacteria
A toothache caused by germs and bacteria becomes a very common toothache. To cure a toothache it can rinse with salt water. Part of the oral cavity in people who are a toothache is usually base and smell less unpleasant. The benefits of gargling with salt water then all bacteria living in the oral cavity will die.
Bacteria that cause a toothache will also die so much pain is lighter. Bacteria in the mouth also can be eliminated by benefits of miswak for oral care.
3. Remove All Toxins
It is not possible if a toothache can also be caused by food scraps attached to the tooth slit. Salt contains phosphorus minerals that can help the body in removing all toxins. Even gargling with salt water will help clean up any type of residual food that causes a toothache. All parts of the tooth will become cleaner and the tooth pain will also decrease.
4. Cleaning Teeth
Dental hygiene has a very big role in dental and oral health. Many people with a toothache caused by lack of maintaining healthy teeth. To overcome this it can rinse with salt. salt contains various minerals that can remove all toxins and impurities in the teeth.
Salt also contains magnesium that can make the tooth structure become stronger and the nervous system better. Health benefits of brushing teeth with baking soda also can be utilized to clean the teeth.
5. Reduce Pain After Dental Removal
The pain after the tooth extraction will usually be felt when the anesthetic effect is gone. To relieve pain in the tooth that is removed can be cured with salt water brine benefits. Mineral-containing salt water can also stop bleeding in the gum cavities.
In addition, salt water can also help restore tooth exhaust gums removed, cleanse the tooth cavities and heal faster. This method can also be used by children to parents.
6. Curing Tooth and Gum Infection
Infections of the tooth and gum areas usually occur due to canker sores or toothaches that occur for a long time. To stop the infection it can also be cured with salt water. Salt water used to rinse can help stop bleeding and remove bacteria in the area of gums and teeth that are infected.
Even the condition of the gums can change to be more normal. Gargling with salt water can also help eliminate bad breath smells. The benefits of salt water rinse for toothache can reduce the pain quickly. [AdSense-C]
Tips Warm Salt Water Rinse for Toothache
Does salt water gargle only be done during a toothache? Actually, salt water gargle can also be done for the treatment of teeth and gums so that it can still maintain the enamel layer of teeth. So, you can do daycare for your teeth with a salt water rinse.
To get the most appropriate benefits then you can follow the instructions below:
- Choose a type of salt that contains high iodine. Avoid using table salt because it usually has a lower mineral content.
- Take two tablespoons of salt and mix with one glass of warm water or cold water.
- Use to gargle and preferably the remaining salt water should be discarded or disposable only to avoid contamination with bacteria or germs.
- Time to gargle can be adjusted to complain condition.
Side Effects of Warm Salt Water Rinse for Toothache
Basically, there are no side effects when rinsing with salt water. Treatment of a toothache with salt water gargle has been done since antiquity. Until now there has never been a case that proved about the side effects of gargling with salt water. At first, you will feel sore and hot shortly after aged with salt water. After that, you will feel there is a rigid part of the sore tooth. This condition is very common and will recover some time later. So this is a very safe way of care for everyone.
Treatment of a toothache with salt water gargling basically only relieve pain in the tooth of the sick. But for some teeth problems like cavities and fragile teeth cannot be cured permanently. So, you still have to try to do dental care to the dentist.