Are you having an upset stomach? It must be uncomfortable, isn’t it? Upset stomach is a condition that is characterized by discomfort condition in your digestive system. Nausea or heartburn and indigestion are the common symptoms of upset stomach. There are some treatments for solving upset stomach problem. One of which is by drinking ginger tea.
Chamomile tea is also beneficial for treating upset stomach. It is yummy and healthy, as you can read Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea.
Ginger is famous for treating a lot of health problems. Its powerful benefit is trusted to handle upset stomach problem, too. That what makes ginger has been used for thousand years in medical treatment in China. Ginger can be used as one ingredient in your beverage or as one of the spices you use in your food or meal.
Ginger is also beneficial for maintaining body health. Read Benefits of Drinking Ginger Shot to see the list of the health benefits.
Upset stomach can be treated by consuming ginger tea. Ginger tea is one of the oldest medical drinks. Ginger tea is rich in some compounds that are very good for treating some health problems, one of which is upset stomach. Gingerols and shogaols are the compounds that give ginger tea power. Ginger tea will serve high levels of vitamin C, amino acids, calcium, zinc and sodium. Read the following to see 3 health benefits of ginger tea for upset stomach.
Health benefits of ginger tea for upset stomach
Ginger tea is a traditional medical drink that has been consumed worldwide. It is widely consumed as it has a lot of health benefits. Here are the 3 health benefits of ginger tea for upset stomach.
- Nausea treatment
One of the symptoms of having upset stomach is experiencing nausea or heartburn. Ginger tea is effective for treating nausea as it does not have any adverse side effects. Moreover, it is also safe to be consumed by pregnant women.
- Boosting digestion
Experiencing indigestion or bloating is one of the discomfort caused by upset stomach. There are lots of home and natural remedies to treat indigestion, one of which is by having ginger tea. This delicious and spicy tea will bring benefits for your stomach, such as emptying it after eating fast. It is effective to break up and expel gas in your intestine area, releasing discomfort feeling of bloating.
- Curing chronic indigestion
Chronic indigestion has several symptoms, such as recurrent pain and discomfort in the upper stomach area. Consuming ginger tea is believed to have the ability to empty the stomach faster. It will help to relieve the discomfort as well.
How to make ginger tea for upset stomach
As you read 3 health benefits of ginger tea for upset stomach, you might be wondering how to make the best ginger tea for treating upset stomach. This is a soothing and calming hot tea and it is good for not only for treating upset stomach, but is also effective for treating nausea, sore throats and for warming your body during cold day.
Surprisingly, ginger tea can be used for weight loss! See the list of it in Benefits of Drinking Ginger Tea.
To make ginger tea, you will need:
- 4 cups of water
- 1 knob of fresh ginger (bigger than a lime but smaller than a lemon)
- ½ tsp. of honey
How to make it:
- Have the ginger peeled.
- Cut the dry ends.
- Cut into smaller chunks.
- Put the flat side of the knife against a piece of ginger and push the blade with the heel of your hand. Have the ginger crushed. Do it with all the ginger chunks.
- Pour water into the pot. Bring it to boil over medium heat. Put ginger inside.
- Let it simmer for around 5 minutes. Remove the heat and steep for another 5 minutes.
- Put a spoon of honey into your mug and pour the hot ginger tea. Stir the spoon to melt the honey.
- Serve it while it is still hot.
Other health benefits of ginger tea
Besides 3 health benefits of ginger tea for upset stomach, there are some other benefits of ginger tea for treating some other health problems. They are:
- Relieving menstrual discomfort – drink a cup of ginger tea with honey and you will get the discomfort away.
- Stress relief – ginger tea has calming properties that lower the stress level and tension.
- Boosting immune system – high level of antioxidants bring this effect to your body.
- Improving blood circulation – amino acids, vitamins and minerals in ginger tea are helpful to improve the blood circulation in your body, so you will get less chance of getting cardiovascular problems.
Besides the benefits mentioned above, there are some other benefits of ginger tea as stated in Benefits of Taiwan Ginger Tea.
Actually, ginger tea is very safe to be consumed by everyone, including pregnant and breastfeeding women. However, you still need to pay attention to the amount of ginger intake every day. Do not overuse it as it may cause irritation.