Golden berries are healthy yet delicious berries that have made its way from the Andes Mountains in South America up into North America, South Africa, Europe, and finally the rest of the world.
In return, many names have also been made for them, such as “amour en cage”, which is “love in a cage” in French, uchuva, Peruvian groundcherry, Physalis, and much more. One of the most famous example of a golden berry product is its jam or reserve, and these are the superb health benefits of Sunbelle Golden Berries.
Nutrition Facts of Sunbelle Golden Berries
- Calories – 74 kcal
- Protein – 2 g
- Fats – 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates – 11 g
- Dietary Fibre – 4 g
- Vitamins and Minerals (in Daily Values)
- Vitamin A – 20%
- Vitamin C – 26%
- Calcium – 8%
- Iron – 1%
All the information above are in relation to a 2,000-calorie diet. The percentage of daily value (% of DV) may differ depending on personal calorie needs.
What are its Health Benefits?
- Sunbelle Golden Berries are High in Fibre
According to the nutrition facts above, golden berries have a pretty high amount of health benefits fruit fibre cereal at 4 grams. Approximately 25 grams of fibre is needed daily in a 2,000-calorie diet, so that should make up approximately one-sixth of the recommended daily value.
- Sunbelle Golden Berries are Low in Benefits of Saturated Fat
Next, the nutrition facts above states that Sunbelle golden berries are so low in fat, in fact so low that it almost hits zero at 0.5 grams of fat. At the end of the day, body weight and body fat levels can be better managed.
- Sunbelle Golden Berries are a Fantastic Source of Vitamin A Benefits
Sunbelle golden berries contain 20% of vitamin A per the nutrition facts above, which is vital for skin plus eyesight.
- Sunbelle Golden Berries Contain Potent Antioxidants
Sunbelle golden berries also contain potent antioxidants such as polyphenols and carotenoids for preventing cardiovascular diseases plus cancer and for protective purposes respectively.
- Sunbelle Golden Berries also Contain Considerable Amount of Vitamin C Benefits
Finally, Sunbelle golden berries also contain a high amount of vitamin C at 26% of the recommended daily values, which also contributes to everyday immune strength.
How to Make Golden Berry Jam
- 6 ½ cups of Sunbelle Golden Berries
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of health benefits of honey to a pregnant woman
- ½ stick of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- First, wash off the berries and gently wipe them with a kitchen towel.
- Puree 2 cups of the berries and slice the remaining berries in halves and quarters, dependin on the size of the berries and the desired texture of the jam.
- Add all ingredients into non-stick or non-reactive pan, and heat it in medium temperature.
- Stir them until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for the next 25 to 30 minutes, until it reaches the desired level of consistency.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into sterilized dry jars, and keep it at half an inch towards the neck bottle.
- Close the lid tightly and flip the bottle to let the heat vacuum.
- Let it cool whilst stored away from light.
- Once open, refrigerate the jam.
- Sunbelle golden berry jam is now ready to be consumed!