We know that there are lots of sugar types including white sugar, red sugar, brown sugar, black sugar, and many more. Apparently, black sugar has far more nutritional value than the other types of sugars. The nutritional contents in black sugar makes it has many health benefits.
Black sugars itself comes from one of islands in Okinawa, Japan. In Japan it is called as Kurozato. On the contrary with many western women love to eat chocolate to relieve the pain when they are on period, Japanese women love to eat black sugar instead. Furthermore, back sugar usually used in baking and cooking.
People might find difficulty in differentiate Black sugar and brown sugar because they are very similar in the appearance. But, black sugar actually is darker than brown sugar, has more complex in taste, smoky malt like, and it has a bit taste of saltiness. We can use black sugar in many ways. You can add it in your tea, coffee, cake, or pancake as the natural sugar/sweeten substitute for artificial sweeten. You may also read health benefits of sugar which are numerous and can help to treat and prevent numerous diseases.
Nutrition Value of Black Sugar
- 32 calories
- 8 grams total carbohydrates
- 2 milligrams sodium
- 99 milligrams potassium
Black sugar is also rich in molasses, potassium, iron, calcium and other minerals necessary for body. The iron and calcium properties are able to relieve the tension and discomfort. The potassium properties help to relieve the menstrual syndrome and period pains.
Health Benefits of Black Sugar
Here’s the health benefits of black sugar:
- Cold Treatment
There are many ways of using black sugar. In cold winter days, people usually or are vulnerable of getting cold. To treat cold symptoms you can use black sugar as additional ingredient to ginger tea.
- Period Pain Reliever
Japanese Women usually use it to relieve pains that often occurs when having periods. Especially the minerals properties like potassium that works against the pain caused by menstrual syndromes.
- Skin Care
Black sugar contains vitamins and minerals that helps the development of skin cells. It will remove your dead skin cells which will be resulted skin healthy. The vitamin B content in black sugar can help from skin problems like aging and protect skin from the UV sunlight.
- Health Benefits of Sheep Milk for Skin
- Health Benefits of Green Tea for Skin
- Health Benefits of Garlic for Skin
- Brightens the Skin
Glycolic acid in black sugar keeps your skin bright and healthy. You can use it as skin mask to help prevent aging and promote brighter skin.
- Gets rid of Blackheads and Whiteheads
All of women must be craving for glowing skin but they often face problems of getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads in our pores. The particles of black sugar are soft enough to be used to get rid the blackheads and whiteheads. It is also safe to be used for sensitive skin.
- Acne Treatment
The soft particles of black sugar beside can get rid of blackheads and whiteheads, it also can hydrates and moisturize the skin. Therefore, skin problems like acne can be overcome.
- Treats Respiratory Diseases
Black sugar is able to treat many kinds of respiratory diseases such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, asthma, and lung cancer.
- Treats Heart Disease
Heart disease is the most dangerous disease in the world. It is because it plays vital role in human body. Thus, to treat heart disease you can consume black sugar by boiling it with 2 glasses of water. Boil it until it only remains half of the water. Drink it 2 times a day for best result. You may also read foods that lower cholesterol level
- Fever Treatment
Black sugar can be natural remedy for fever. It helps you to bring back normal temperature of the body.
- Cough Treatment
To treat cough, you can use black sugar by make it a juice. Regularly drinking of the sugar black juice when you have cough will make you get better.
- Strengthens Teeth and Gums
Chewing sugar black can make your teeth clean. Moreover, eating sugar black can strengthen your teeth and gums by drinking the concoction of boiled sugar black with water.
- Treat Diabetes
Diabetes diseases is a disease that associated with the high level of blood sugar. Diabetics people usually are suggested to reduce the consumption of sugar. However, even though black sugar is sugar, but it apparently can be eaten for diabetic people and serves as diabetes natural remedy. It is because the natural sugar in black sugar. It needs to be noted that it is always better to prevent a disease rather than treating it. You also need to avoid most dangerous foods for diabetes if you have diabetes.
- Nosebleeds Treatments
- Some people might have sudden nosebleeds. Nose bleeding can be the indication of certain diseases. To overcome nosebleeds you can consume black sugar as the natural remedy.
More health benefits of black sugar
- Exfoliates the Dead Skin Cells
- Tightens and Lifts the Skin
- Makes the Skin Elastic
- Skin Moisturizer
- Treat Joints Aches
- Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Treat Pains and Stiffness in the Leg
- Relieve Thirsty
Black Sugar Recipe for Skin Treatment
Black sugar is widely used for skin treatments. There are lots of black sugar products for skin out there. This article provides you a recipe of black sugar for skin care which you can make it by your own.
To make black sugar mask scrub, you only need two ingredients: those are water and black sugar itself.
Steps to make black sugar scrub
- The first step is prepare a cup then put black sugar and water in the ratio of 2 : 1 (2 for black sugar, 1 for water). If you gonna use two tablespoons of black sugar, then you use a tablespoons of water.
- The next step is stir black sugar and water for about an hour until the grain/scrub can melt.
- Before using it, put the mixture or the scrub in the fridge for about 30 minutes to make it cool.
- For best result you can add 2 drops of essence oil then mix altogether.
- After that, use the scrub by gently scrub your face skin.
- Use it regularly for the best result.
Black Sugar Recipe for Cold Symptoms
To relive cold, fever, cough, or any others cold symptoms you can add black sugar into ginger tea. Ginger is also good not only for cold symptoms, but also for the health benefits of ginger for skin
What You Need:
- A cup of ginger, chopped
- 5 cups of water
- 5 tablespoons of black sugar
What You Have to Do
- Prepare a pan, the pour 5 cups of water into it. After that boil it.
- Put a cup of chopped ginger into the boiling water.
- When the water gets boil, the next step is let the water simmer for half an hour.
- After that, add black sugar into the ginger to make it tastier.
- Then, a Ginger tea with black sugar is ready to drink.