Check Out The Health Benefits of Cold Brew Tea
For tea lovers, brewing tea with warm water is a common thing to get Health Benefits of Tea. But what about trying cold brew tea? Below is a review of what are the health benefits of cold brew tea.
What is a cold brew tea?
Cold brew tea is a term where you make tea instead of hot water but use either plain water or cold water. How to make it is to soak the tea leaves in cold water or regular overnight.
Besides enjoying warm tea, lately, some people prefer to enjoy cold brew tea due to:
- Easy to make
Compared to making hot tea, making cold brew tea is easy because you only need to add a few teaspoons to the bottle containing cold water and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
Compared with hot tea, cold brew tea contains lower caffeine but high vitamin C. Cold brew tea also has a taste that is sweeter and smoother.
Cold brew tea is also a good choice for those of you who avoid sugar and calories. Because cold brew tea does not require extra sugar and is calorie free. In addition, cold brew tea also keeps its antioxidant content well.
Cold brew tea is a drink that is perfect for summer. Cold brew tea hydrates you well, and you can drink enough to replace cold water without worrying about the dangers.
- New flavor
Brewing tea with hot water is the usual way. Unlike the cold brew tea because in addition to using a new way, you can also mix some tea in the herb to make cold brew tea. In addition, as a complement, you can also add orange peel, mint leaves, or honey in your cold brew tea. Read about Health Benefits of Replacing Sugar with Honey.
- Boost immunity
Cold brew tea contains substances that can help boost your immune system. Vitamin C content is very active in this drink can help the body in improving the body’s immune system. If the immune system increases, it will prevent various diseases that can affect the body. You need to know more about Vitamin C Benefits For Health & Beauty.
- Lower cholesterol
A study that has been done in various countries has proven that consuming cold brew tea is good for lowering cholesterol.
- Throw away body toxins
Cold brew tea is believed to have the benefit of helping your body in getting rid of toxins. This happens because the content of this drink is very good for digestion and helps normalize the circulation of the body.
- Maintain heart health
If cholesterol levels are maintained, then heart health will also be safe. The content of Health Benefits of Vitamin E in the cold brew tea is very good for maintaining heart health. So, consuming this tea is recommended because it can maintain the health of the body and its organs.
- Increase energy
The content of vitamin B complex that exists in this drink is beneficial to increase the body’s metabolism. Increased metabolism can process processing and can produce energy faster.
- Strengthens bones
Cold brew tea also has vitamin D content that is used to strengthen your bones. If you are still in the growth stage, consuming this tea is highly recommended to help accelerate the formation to grow faster because of protein support.
- Rich in antioxidants
The high content of antioxidants in this tea is also good for health. These antioxidants have been believed to help you fight free radicals.
- Prevent cancer
To prevent cancer cells, cold brew tea is recommended. Because cold brew tea has antioxidants that can help you in preventing cancer and also kill cancer cells.
- Replace damaged cells
Cells that are in the body are usually often damaged. Therefore, to overcome this you need to consume tea. Protein content in cold brew tea will help you in regenerating damaged cells. So this drink is very good to replace cells that have been damaged in the skin, muscles, bones, and hair.
- Helps diet
The content of adequate nutrition in cold brew tea is also able to help you in fulfilling nutrition when you go on a diet. Without adding sugar, cold brew tea that tastes a little bit bitter very useful because it contains few calories to support the diet program.
Other health benefits of cold brew tea:
- Balancing caffeine levels – a number of studies have proven that the substances contained in tea, can reduce and balance the levels of caffeine in the body. Drink cold brew tea can help you get this benefit. Get the information about Caffeine Side Effects For Health.
- Cold brew tea can help in the fight against bad breath and plaque.
- Cold brew tea can overcome the problem of high blood pressure.
- Cold brew tea is also beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Cold brew tea with a mixture of lemon and honey can help you lose weight. In addition, this combination is also believed to increase stamina and immune more effectively than just consuming tea alone.
Reminder when consuming cold brew tea!
Although it has many health benefits, you need to remember a few things when taking cold brew tea.
Things you should know about cold brew tea is like:
- Cold brew tea contains oxalate, which increases the risk of kidney stones when accumulated in the body. If the body is not able to break the excess oxalate, it is dangerous to overdrink cold brew tea.
- It would be better if you have green tea, oolong, and white tea when will make cold brew tea.
- Before making cold brew tea, it’s good if you soak the tea bags in hot water for 4-5 minutes to get maximum benefit from tea. In this way, tea will release all the useful polyphenols and good for health.
- Cold brew tea contains lower nutrients than normal hot tea, so it’s best to drink plain cold brew tea or add low-calorie sweeteners.
- If you consume cold brew tea with the addition of sugar in large quantities, this can lead to diabetes.
- According to one study, the nutrition of tea if brewed using hot water will be more easily absorbed by the body. Consuming cold brew tea bring various health benefits, but nutrition cold brew tea is more difficult to be absorbed by the body.
- Cold brew tea can inhibit the absorption of iron by the body. Therefore, consuming cold brew tea after a meal is not recommended, because it can cause anemia. You need to know about Symptoms of Anemia.
Those are some of the health benefits of cold brew tea that you need to know. Try to make it and feel the benefits!