Spirulina or blue green algae is a plant that grows in both salt and fresh water. Spirulina is also widely used be it as a food item or skincare ingredient, and are renowned for its high amino acid, iron and also protein-rich qualities.
The best of it all? Spirulina mask is also easy to be made at home, which makes it even ideal for anyone who doubt the safety of mass-produced skincare product. Anyway, these are some benefits of spirulina mask.
Nutritional Facts of Spirulina
- Serving Size – 100 g
- Water – 4.68 g
- Calories – 290 kcal
- Total Fat – 7.72 g
- Saturated Fat – 2.65 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat – 2.08 g
- Monounsaturated Fat – 0.675 g
- Trans Fat – 0 g
- Cholesterol – 0 g
- Sodium – 2959 mg
- Total Carbohydrates – 23.9 g
- Sugars – 3.1 g
- Dietary Fibre – 3.6 g
- Protein – 57.47 g
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A Benefits – 29 mcg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.364 mg
- Vitamin B12 – 0 mg
- Vitamin C Benefits – 10.1 mg
- Vitamin D – 0 mg
- Vitamin E – 2.2 mg
- Vitamin K – 25.5 mcg
- Calcium – 120 mg
- Cobalamin – 0 mg
- Copper – 6.1 mg
- Iron – 28.5 mg
- Magnesium – 195 mg
- Manganese – 1.9 mg
- Phosphorus – 118 mg
- Potassium – 1363 mg
- Selenium – 7.2 mcg
- Zinc – 2 mg
All the information above are in relation to a 2,000-calorie diet. The percentage of daily value (% of DV) may differ depending on personal calorie needs.
What are its Health Benefits?
- Spirulina Masks Boosts Protein Intake
Spirulina is known to be high in protein, therefore rapidly fulfilling our everyday protein values. In fact, protein amino acids alone make up at least 60% of spirulina!
- Spirulina Masks Lead to Better Hair and Nail Qualities Too
Spirulina contains 28.5 mg of iron, which contribute to the keratin within our body, such as those found on our hair and nails.
- Spirulina Masks Fights Inflammation
Spirulina has omega-6 fatty acid, which is a special fatty acid known to prevent the skin from disorders like eczema.
- Spirulina Masks for Detoxification
Spirulina masks contain chlorophyll, which helps digestion, and for the skin it eliminates heavy metals and toxins for clearer eyes, brighter skin, and better body weight.
- Spirulina Masks Contain Antioxidants
Spirulina has phytonutrients as well as carotenoids, which all together are antioxidants that fight against free radicals caused by extended sun exposure.
- Spirulina Masks Gets Rid of Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Spirulina beautifies the skin by reducing and getting rid of fine lines, wrinkles, while improving skin elasticity and providing a rosy glow to the skin.
- Spirulina Masks Eliminate Dark Circles
Dark circles cause a great disturbance to the eyes’ overall aesthetics. Spirulina masks strengthens the skin and eliminate dark circles by improving the areas around the eyes from irritation and dryness.
- Spirulina Masks are Anti Prevent Acne Pimples Naturally
Spirulina masks are also proven to treat acne in terms of eliminating surface bacteria entirely, which is responsible for breakouts.
- Spirulina Masks Treat Warts
Warts can also be treated with spirulina at a few sessions.
- Spirulina Masks for Weight Control
Finally, here is one unexpected benefit of spirulina masks, which is for weight control. Spirulina is filled with fibre that helps us feel full for an extended period of time.
How to Make Homemade Spirulina Mask
- 1 teaspoon of Spirulina Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Fresh Health Benefits Lemon Seeds Juice
- ½ Banana Benefits for Skin Mask
- ¼ Avocado
- Gather all ingredients, and pound them using mortar and pestle until they become a paste, which is also the mask itself.
- Apply the mask onto the skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly using water.
- Apply moisturizer afterwards for the best results.