Do you enjoy drinking Chinese oolong tea? For its famous benefits, oolong tea has been consumed worldwide, though it is originated from China. Tie Guan Yin is a Chinese tea that is classified as a type of oolong tea. It is a fragrant oolong tea that is sweet and floral.
This oolong tea comes from a single county province Fujian in China. Tie Guan Yin is special as it is delicious and smooth to be drunk. It is also made from good-quality oolong teas and it comes with flowery fragrance combined with natural sweetness. Let’s read the following to see the 7 incredible health benefits of Chinese Tie Guan Yin tea.
How Tie Guan Yin tea is prepared
Tie Guan Yin tea is prepared very well to give the best flavor and aroma. There are several steps of processing Chinese Tie Guan Yin tea. They are:
- Harvesting – Tie Guan Yin tea leaves are harvested in the Anxi county and picked several times a year.
- Sun withering – process of spreading and laying out the leaves in the sun so that the cell walls of the leaves are softened and moisturized.
- Tossing – the cell structure of the leaves are broken own when it is tossed. This process will improve the oxidation and balances flavor of the tea.
- Withering – the cell structure is broken to obtain the floral flavor and aroma.
- Fixation – the steaming process of the leaves. It is then hand-pressed on a hot pan. This process stops the oxidation.
- Rolling – it can be done by hand or machine. This process aims to achieve the perfect tiny balls.
- Drying – stops the oxidation and preventing mold. Sun and hot air are used.
- Roasting – this tea may or may not be roasted to various degrees resulting in different final flavors.
7 incredible health benefits of Tie Guan Yin tea
Due to the fact that Tie Guan Yin has been used since long time ago, there must be some health benefits it serves for the health. Here are the 7 incredible health benefits of Chinese Tie Guan Yin tea.
- Improving digestion
Drinking a cup of Tie Guan Yin tea is believed to have effect on your sluggish digestion. It will prevent you from getting stomachache and acid relux. It may be simplified by drinking a good cup of tea.
Antioxidants and caffeine in Tie Guan Yin are helpful to improve your metabolism so that your stomach has the ability to break the food faster. As a result, the food will move faster along the digestive track.
- Weight loss
By having healthy digestion, it will give two results: soothing digestive problems and stimulating weight loss. Faster metabolism will help you to break fats and remove the unwanted waste from your body. Drink Tie Guan Yin without sweeteners to get maximum result.
Are you looking for another way of losing weight? Benefits of Aloe Ferox Bitter Crystals may help you finding good solutions for weight loss.
- Enhancing heart health
Tie Guan Yin is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants. They are important in enhancing your heart health. Drinking a cup of unsweetened Tie Guan Yin will be beneficial for reducing the level of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and making the arteries harder.
- Boosting immune system
Antioxidants in Tie Guan Yin tea will provide support for boosting your immune system. As a result, it will also strengthen your body’s defense against bacteria and viruses. If you are experiencing your immune system is low, pickled peppers are very good. Read Benefits of Pickled Peppers and you will be amazed on how pickled peppers are good for treating your health problems.
- Rich in calcium
Tie Guan Yin tea is helpful to strengthen your bone density and preventing osteoporosis. Teeth may also be beneficial as it provides a lot of calcium. Moreover, drinking unsweetened Tie Guan Yin tea will be effective to kill the bacteria causing gum diseases and bad breath. Do you love to
Tie Guan Yin will be beneficial for restoring balance to your body. It is rich in catechins in Tie Guan Yin tea will enhance the effect of medicine, such as antibiotics. So, after consuming antibiotics, try drinking Tie Guan Yin tea to restore the balance energy in your body.
Many antioxidants will stay in Tie Guan Yin leaves after it is brewed. The antioxidants in the tea leaves will be perfect for your skin. After being used to make a healthy cup of tea, the tea leaves can be used to make a mask. The mask will be useful to revitalize your skin.
Are you looking for food that is rich in anti-aging properties, Benefits of Bitter Gourd Juice. The list is quite long, but it is worth to read.
Tie Guan Yin tea might be a bit more expensive if it is compared to another type of tea. But, looking at the 7 incredible health benefits of Chinese Tie Guan Yin tea, you will think that it is worth it.
There are some cautions you need to pay attention to while drinking Tie Guan Yin tea.
- Pregnant women – drinking around 1-3 cups of Tie Guan Yin tea is suggested, but more than 3 cups are not suggested as it will link to the increased risk of miscarriage, premature delivery and low birth delivery.
- Bleeding disorder – caffeine in Tie Guan Yin tea might result to the slow process of blood clotting.