It turns out that guava leaves can treat kind of diseases. This is due to the great nutrients contained in it. Indeed, it is rich in vitamins, minerals, as well as providing antioxidants. Guava leaves are known to help to prevent infection and inflammation. As a result, it can help in promote healthy skin, treat diarrhea, and treating wounds. At this point, guava leaves can be used to heal wounds. Then, if you are curious about this, you can check the benefits of guava leaves for wounds below.
1. Provides Antibacterial Properties
The reason why guava leaves are beneficial for treating wounds is due to the presence of antibacterial properties in it. As a consequence, this can help to prevent the growth of bacteria around the wound. Hence, it is something that should be taken into account to use guava leaves for wounds. You can also check on Health Benefits of Guava Leaves
2. Prevents Inflammation
One of the benefits of guava leaves for wounds is to prevent inflammation. Indeed, guava leaves work to prevent further infection on the wound. To get this benefit, all you need to do is by boiling the guava leaves until the water becomes dark green colored. Then, let them cool and pour the water into your wounds. It will be a good way to apply it 2-3 times a day until your wound is cured. You can also check on Scientific Benefits of Dogs Licking Wounds You Should Know
3. Prevents Skin Infection
As explained before, guava leaves can prevent the infection on wounds. Then, you can simply apply the guava leaves decoction to the wound. As a consequence, it helps to dry the wound and heal it as well. You can also check on Discover Best Benefits of Guava Leaves for Skin Whitening Here!
4. Renews the Skin
The presence of Vitamin C takes part in healing the wounds. Vitamin C promotes the production of collagen as well as stimulating the renewal and growth of skin cells. Then, you can count on guava leaves that possess vitamin C to treat wounds. You can also check on Benefits of Lemon Seed Oil On Skin That Will Make You Look Beautiful
5. Relieves Pain
The next benefit of guava leaves for wounds is to help to relieve the pain. This is due to the presence of antioxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents and beneficial tannins to act as the natural pain reliever. Therefore, as you know guava leaves provide benefits for healing wounds, would you like to try it?
6. Relieves Itching
Next, it turns out that guava leaves can help relieve itching. Indeed, in some cases, wounds come with itching. Then, you can have guava leaves to relieve this problem. It can be an instant cure for getting rid of itchiness as they contain allergy blocking compounds. Great, isn’t it?
Also, there are other benefits of guava leaves which are:
7. Provides Vitamin C
In fact, guava leaves contain the source of Vitamin C. At this point, vitamin C plays a major role in promoting the body immune system. It fights the free radicals damage and infections as well. Moreover, vitamin C also contributes to promoting wound healing. Indeed, vitamin C does a great job to promote body functions. Then, it is recommended to get the source of vitamin C from other fruits and vegetables such as kiwi and berries for sure. Thus, with the good consumption of vitamin C foods, you will have a healthier body for sure.
8. Treats Diarrhea
It is widely known that guava leaves can help to treat diarrhea. To get this benefit, all you need to do is having a decoction of guava leaves as a drink. Then, consuming it regularly will help to deal with diarrhea.
9. Reduces Cancer Risks
Due to the presence of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties in guava leaves, then it can help to reduce cancer risks. It turns out that guava leaves can help to deal with prostate cancer and breast cancer. Such great benefits, right? You can also check on Benefits of Avocado Leaves for Cancer
10. Promotes Digestive Health
The reason why guava leaves are good for the digestion system is the way it has the fiber source in it. With this function, it will be good to prevent digestion problems such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and indigestion. As a consequence, to help you maintain the healthy digestion system, you can have guava leaves as well as consuming fiber foods on a regular basis.
After knowing the benefits of guava leaves for wounds, then you can also check the tips for treating wounds below.
How to Treat Wounds
- You can use guava leaves to treat wounds. In this case, first, you need to collect a few guava leaves which can be around 5 to 10 pieces. Make sure you choose the fresh leaves that have light-green in color and they are soft.
- Then, clean them with running water to remove the dirt or insects. Boil the guava leaves until it turns into brown color.
- After that, you can let it cool off and apply into the wounded area. Use it to wash the wound at least 2 or 3 times a day. Then, the regular use of this home remedy may help you to treat wounds for sure.
- Another home remedy you can have to treat wounds is the use of turmeric. It provides a natural antiseptic and antibiotic agent to helps boost wound healing by modulating collagen.
- Next, it is such a good way to use aloe vera for your wounds. It contains analgesic, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that ease the healing process. All you need to do is by applying the aloe vera gel on the wound and let it dry.
- Also, having coconut oil to ease the pain and moisturize the skin is such a good way to prevent scarring of wounds.
- It is advised to ensure that your wounds are always clean to prevent further infection. You can try to use natural antiseptic or cover it in a sterile bandage after applying an antiseptic.
To summarize, guava leaves is the great thing you can have to treat kind of diseases. One of them is to treat the wound and preventing the infection. Thus, are you ready to use guava leaves for your home remedies now?