How many of you will keep the eggshells? Well, probably almost none, unless you use it to separate the white and the yolk but and then that’s it, eggshells will go successfully to the bin. However, do you know that there are benefits of eggshells for skin?
Eggshells for the Beauty of Your Skin
If you crack the egg you will see that there are some layers inside the eggshells, the first layer is the hard surface which is rich of calcium carbonate crystal. The other two layers are well known as outer and inner membranes. Both outer and inner membranes will protect the egg yolk from bacteria. These two layers contain essential protein well known as keratin, the same protein found in human hair and also rhinoceros’ horn. In other words, eggshells are more than what you already know because it is also rich of mineral and protein. When you are so familiar using the egg white and the yolk for beauty now you could start utilizing the eggshells as well. The lists below will tell you what the health benefits of crushed eggshells for skin are.
- Eggshells Make Excellent Face Mask
For face mask you could mix eggshells powder with egg white. Let it dry for 30 minutes to help moisturizing your skin and eliminating the blackhead naturally.
- Natural Body Scrub for Healthy Skin
Not only excellent for face you could use the crushed eggshells or eggshells powder as body scrub for healthy skin. The texture is perfect to get rid of dead skin cells but it won’t irritate your skin.
- Contains Skin Healing Properties
All the minerals like the health benefits of calcium and protein found in eggshells are the healing properties. So, applying eggshells with honey or rose water could help reducing the effect of sunburn or itchy skin.
- Rejuvenate Your Skin
The key to rejuvenate your skin is cleansing it regularly in the most natural way. Eggshells are the most natural thing that your skin will love. Its texture is perfect for your skin as well as the healing properties contained in eggshells.
- Natural Way to Treat Acnes
Eggshell is well known as a natural way to prevent acnes and pimples naturally; the healing properties will help preventing further infection caused by bacteria while at the same time eggshells could help cleaning up the pores.
- Helps Cleaning Your Pores
Clogged pores could lead to several skin problems and using facial cleanser and toner are not enough to clean your pores. You could mix eggshells powder with rose water to help cleaning your pores.
- Eliminates Spots and Wrinkles
Spots and wrinkles are the sign of premature aging. You cannot stop the aging but eggshells mask could help you slowing down the process. You could mix eggshells powder and yogurt for excellent result.
- Removes the Dead Skin Cells
Dead skin cells are the reasons why your skin looks dull. The easiest way to remove the dead skin cells are by using eggshells mask. Apply it thoroughly and rinse it after 30 minutes to reveal your true skin color.
- Makes Skin Light
To make your skin light, you could mix eggshells powder with lemon juice. The eggshells will help spoiling your skin surface and the vitamin C benefits from lemon juice will brighten your skin.
- Treats Dry Skin
Mix eggshell powder with honey and massage them to your face in circular motion. Let it dry and turn into a perfect face mask. Apply it before bed and let it dry overnight to moisturize the skin. You will wake up with a perfect glowing skin.
How to Make Your Own Eggshells Powder
From the list of benefits of eggshells for skin mentioned above, having a ready to use eggshells powder will be useful for you. Below is how to make your own eggshells powder you could do yourself at home.
- It is important to get rid of all bacteria like salmonella from the eggshells before you process it. Clean them thoroughly and then put them in a boiling water for a couple of minutes until you sure that all bacteria were completely killed.
- Remove the eggshells from the boiling water and then spread them to let them dry overnight.
- After the eggshells fully dry you can continue drying them by baking them until they dry thoroughly.
- Grind them to make a very fine eggshells powder.
- Store them in airtight jar and keep them in dry place.
When you have a ready to use eggshells powder you could make your own face mask or body scrub whenever you want. What you need to do is just mixing the eggshells powder with rose water or egg white.
Precaution of Using Eggshells
It is important to know about the caution of using eggshells as well. The list below will tell you to be a bit careful when you have a plan to use eggshells as the beauty hack.
- The sterilization process as mentioned in previous sub category above about how to make your own eggshells powder is super important. You have to make sure the process will kill all the bacteria completely.
- Some people also adding eggshells powder to their food for additional calcium. Well, excessive calcium in your body could cause nausea, vomiting and symptoms low blood pressure.
- If you want to add eggshells powder to your food, you have to make sure the eggshells were grind or crushed finely because it could irritate the throat.
Eggshells are beauty hack that is easy to find and also super cheap. You don’t need to spend a lot of money anymore just to buy some beauty product like face mask or body scrub when you have a jar of eggshells powder ready to use whenever you want to get all the benefits of eggshells for skin.