Aerobic exercise is a combination of stretching and strength training. You can read health of aerobics for seniors. Aerobics is beneficial for everyone, including pregnant women. Having an aerobic class is considered as one of the ways to stay active during pregnancy. Aerobics have great impacts, such as improving muscle strength and maintaining good health for lungs and heart.
If you’re pregnant and wish to join an aerobic class, make sure to tell the instructor that you’re pregnant. Try to stick to low impact routines to make yourself comfortable. There are some types of aerobic exercises that are safe for pregnant women, such as step stool aerobics, elliptical, swimming, stationary bike, and walking.
All of them are safe and low in risks. There are also many types of food you can consume during pregnancy and some of them bring a lot of benefits, just like being elaborated in health benefits of Adzuki beans for pregnancy.
Having exercise, specifically aerobic during pregnancy has a lot of benefits. Here they are, the health benefits of aerobic during pregnancy.
- Making You Feel Better
There might be time when you wonder how this strange body can be yours. While you’re wondering, then you can exercise to increase your sense of control as well as boost your energy level. Doing aerobics also help releasing endorphins too.
Besides, doing aerobics during pregnancy will help relieve backaches, improve posture by strengthening and toning your muscles, specifically in the butt, back, and thighs area. It also helps prevent wear and tear on your joints. During pregnancy, your joints may be loosened because of normal hormonal changes. Exercise, specifically aerobics, will help activating the lubricating fluid in your joints.
If you experience joint pain, then you can consider reading these health benefits of green tea for joint pain.
- Look Better
Doing exercise will increase the blood flow to your skin. As a result, your skin will be healthy and glowing. It will surely make you look better!
- Regain Your Pre-pregnancy Body Quickly
During pregnancy, you can deny that you may possibly gain a lot of weight. However, by exercising or doing aerobics, you will gain less fat weight. However, do not ever expect to lose weight by exercising during pregnancy. It is better to maintain the fitness level throughout pregnancy.
- Prepare Your Body for Birth
Who doesn’t expect to have an easy labour and delivery? You surely do, don’t you? One of the ways to achieve this goal is by doing exercise. By doing exercise, such as aerobics, you can build strong muscles and fit heart which are crucial for labouring and delivery. You will be able to gain control over your breathing and it will help manage the pain.
- Other Benefits
There are some other benefits of aerobics during pregnancy, such as lower the risk of complications, such as pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes, promote good sleep, and many more. There’s nothing wrong with aerobics, even during pregnancy.
Aside from a lot of benefits of aerobics mentioned above, still, you need to consult with your doctor, physiotherapist, or healthcare professional. Some exercise programs may be modified or chosen to suit your condition.
While you’re doing aerobics or exercising, there are some things you need to pay attention. Your body undergo a lot of changes during pregnancy, so the ability to exercise is also affected. Here are the things you need to pay attention to while exercising during pregnancy:
- Hormones – during pregnancy, your body releases some hormones, such as relaxin, which loosen ligaments. As a result, the chance or risk of getting joint injuries, such as sprains, increase.
- Increased weight – the body’s center of gravity is moving forward. It might affect your balance and coordination, so you should be really careful while exercising.
- Increased resting heart rate – avoid using your target heart rate to work out the intensity of your exercise.
- Breathing – oxygen and blood flow are directed to your muscles and away from the other areas of your body. Your need for oxygen increases while you’re pregnant, so it may affect your ability to do strenuous exercise, especially if you’re overweight.
There are also some precautions you should take while exercising during pregnancy, such as:
- Drinking plenty of water – do it before, during, and after workout. Lack of water will lead to dehydration which brings some impacts, such as dizziness, pounding heart, and small amount of urine.
- Avoid becoming overheated (especially during the first trisemester). Drink a lot of water, wear loose clothing, and try exercising indoors (in a temperature-controlled room). Avoid exercising outside, especially when it is very hot and humid.
- Listen to your body. If you’re tired, then stop. You’re the one who knows your body best. So, don’t overexpose yourself to exercise even though aerobics are safe.
While you’re pregnant, you also need to consume some good food and drinks. You can try reading health benefits of lemon water while pregnant and health benefits of hibiscus tea for pregnant women.