Health Benefits of Kush Weed – Potential Herbal Plant You Never Heard Before
Kush weed is a strain of weed that belongs to Cannabis indica group of cannabis. It originates in the region connecting the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent, precisely in the bordering triangle of Pakistan, India and Afghanistan. Meanwhile, the Kush weed is named after the Hindu Kush mountain ranges that runs along the border of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
During mid-to-late 1970s, first samples of Kush weed were taken to the United States of America for research and trade, and its availability there remains up until today. In fact, Kush weed is also one of the first types of weed to be certified for medicinal treatment by a British pharmaceutical firm. Now, we are going to learn more about the Kush weed, and also the health benefits of Kush weed.
An Introduction to Kush Weed
Kush weed has its own distinctive characteristics. In terms of appearance, Kush weed has deep green colas with leaves showing purple accents. The pistils or hairs may appear orange, amber, bronze, or rust coloured. In the meantime, it also has dense and chunky buds that comes from the thick plants.
Aroma wise, it may carry the scent of earthiness, flowers, sweet fruit, hash spice, pungent, pine, incense, pepper, citrus, gas, or herbs. However, it is important to take note that these scents may come in the form of additives prior to consumption.
There are 5 well known strains of the Kush weed;
- Master Kush – Related to the Hindu Kush, the Master Kush is a wonderful alternative to Bubba Kush, due to a mixture of relaxation, drowsiness and happiness it offers at the same time. This has made the Master Kush as the topmost rank of all kush types.
- Skywalker OG – Skywalker OG also carries similar traits to the OG kush, however with an additional Skywalker that intensifies its sedating benefits. It has a fruit-rich, diesel like flavor and aroma while also carrying the happy and euphoric characteristics like its parents. Indeed, the sedating effects are creepy enough because it takes the user into an immediate switch from exposed into daylight into the darkness of sleep just like at night.
- Purple Kush – The Purple Kush strain has purple coloured foliage and hence it also carries grape-like traits, such as through earthy, grape-like flavour and sleep-inducing effects due to the maximum relaxation it offers.
- Bubba Kush – This strain is characterized by stony and sedative natures, by “forcing” the consumer into a couch, bed or other areas to lay down thanks to the added weight sensation it gives on the body, and therefore cause drowsiness. Interestingly, despite these conditions it also creates hunger and increased appetite on the user.
- OG Kush – This is the most popular variant of all Kush weeds. This strain provides maximum relaxation with intensified euphoria and joy, but also less hunger for maximum enjoyment.
Kush weed can be used just like any other types of weed; as edibles, smoke or raw. Eaten or smoked weed can result in psychoactive reactions, whereas raw weed is believed to offer the health benefits of kush weed in its natural form without any side effects.
What are its Health Benefits?
- Kush Weed is Beneficial for Chronic Pains
This is the most common reason to why weed is used for medication; as a painkiller. A report done by National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine said that cannabinoids may be an effective painkiller. These are the health benefits of Joe Pye weed.
- Kush Weed Help Alleviating Muscle Spasms and Seizure
Other than chronic pains, kush weed is also able to protect someone from muscle spams and seizures. The cannabinoids inside the weed help fight against pain. In the meantime, the sedative talents of weed can also work as a treatment for muscular spasms. These are the health benefits of eating weed.
- Kush Weed is Useful for Treating Glaucoma
Glaucoma is a series of eye conditions that may lead to blindness, caused by high eye pressure and directly linked to the central nervous system. When untreated, it may cause loss of vision or blindness. Weed helps this by reducing the pressure inside the eyes as well as the intraocular pressure (IOP). These are the health benefits of bee propolis capsules.
- Kush Weed Decreases Stress in Small Doses
Since it is a sedative, marijuana’s calming effects may help those with critical emotional or psychological breakdown. A professor at the University of Illinois in Chicago who studied this case stated that THC at low doses help to reduce stress, while likewise it will worsen stress at higher doses. These are the health benefits of bitter leaf.
- Kush Weed Slows Down the Growth of Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease
The development of Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease can be slowed down using weed in terms of forming plaques to block the enzymes in the brain that causes them and to reduce tremors respectively. These are the spirulina benefits.
- Kush Weed Helps One Get Through Chemotherapy Recovery
This is one of the most famous health benefits of Kush weed. Patients who had just undergo chemotherapy experience nausea, appetite loss, and vomiting that may lead to complications. Weed can reduce these side effects, get rid of the pain and stimulate appetite all the same time. There are prescription drugs available to serve this function.
- Oral Consumption: 1-5 capsules containing marijuana extracts that have 2.5 mg of tetrahydrocannabinol and 0.8-1.8 mg of cannabinol, taken twice daily for a period of 12 weeks.
- Oral Spray: Sativex, which contains a standardized amount of tetrahydrocannabinol at 27mg/L could be used daily for 2 years.
Side Effects of Kush Weed
Kush weed is safe for consumption provided that one follows its dosage carefully, because of the cannabinoid and dronabinol it has. Weed may also cause rapid heartbeat and short-term high blood pressure that leads to heart diseases, weakened immune system, lung diseases, or nervous breakdown when consumed not at the right time.
Kush weed is also unsafe for consumption by expecting or breastfeeding mothers, due to the risks of slow development of the fetus or infant, up to serious cases such as in child leukemia or growth abnormalities.
Finally, one should pay attention to the legalities of kush weed or similar weed products in his or her country, in order to avoid persecution.