11 Health Benefits of CBD Hemp Oil (No.2 Surprising You)
Since the legalization of CBD hemp oil in some states in the US, there has been quite a fuss and misleading information about this product. Most people think that CBD hemp oil is marijuana oil since both come from the same plant: Cannabis family. Apparently it’s not.
Before going further, here are some terms we should know to understand about CBD hemp oil better:
- Cannabis is a genus of plant that includes three species: Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, and Cannabis ruderalis;
- Hemp is a common term referring to the high-growing varieties of cannabis plants and its products;
- Cannabinoids are a group of very diverse chemical compounds. They are produced naturally in the body of humans and animals (endocannabinoids), plants including cannabis (phtyocannabinoids), and manufactured artificially (synthetic cannabinoids);
- Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol(THC) are two of at least 113 different cannabinoids in Cannabis. CBD and THC present in the highest concentration;
- Tetrahydrocannabinol(THC) is the most abundant and psychoactive cannabinoids of cannabis. THC is the compound responsible for getting you high from smoking marijuana;
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is the second most abundant and non-psychoactive cannabinoids of cannabis;
- Marijuana is a term for dried flowers, leaves, and stems of the female cannabis plants. Marijuana contains THC and CBD. Marijuana is also populas as ‘cannabis’. This is the reason people confuses hemp with marijuana.
Hemps are grown for variety of uses: bio fuel, body products, constructions, food products, paper, oil and topical ointments, and even textiles. Marijuana or cannabis is grown mainly for THC extraction. Marijuana is high on THC (5 – 10%), whereas hemp is low in THC (0,3 – 1,5%).
CBD hemp oil comes from industrial hemps/cannabis plants with high concetration of CBD and very low concetration of THC. So, CBD hemp oil is different from marijuana oil because it will not give you the high effect like marijuana. CBD hemp oil is also different from hemp oil. The Hemp Indutries Association (HIA) defines hemp oil as hemp seed oil which is used as cooking oil or ingredients in bodycare products. The HIA further states that general hemp is not suitable for producing CBD.
Quality CBD hemp oil comes from the buds and flowers of CBD-rich strains of cannabis. CBD oil acts on the human body’s endocannabinoids system to create physical changes in the body. CBD hemp oil does not only contain CBD as its sole ingredients. It also contains other phtyocannabinoids such as CBG, CBN, CBC, amino acids, carbohydrates, fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins.
Health Benefits of CBD Hemp Oil for many purpose could be the best oil to use. CBD hemp oil grows increasingly popular for many of its health benefits. Eventhough the benefits have not been scientifically proven, there has been some reports of its positive effects in human’s health such as:
- To help greatly in reducing the symptoms of epilepsy such as seizures and auras (pre signs of epileptic seizure);
- To prevent the growth of the MRSA bacterium (a strain of staphylococcus resistant to antibiotics)
- To help in reducing the frequency of rheumatism from relapsing;
- To reduce blood sugar levels;
- To reduce vomiting and nausea;
- To help in reducing the impact of inflammation and neurophatic pain;
- To stem neurological damage following from strokes, Alzheimer, and Parkinson;
- To repress muscle convulsions;
- To use as anti-anxiety remedy and other numerous psychiatric disorders including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder;
- To decrease nervous system degeneration;
- To encounter the intoxicating effects of THC, such as memory impairment and paranoia. So it can be used as a therapy for marijuana-related disorders.
Since CBD has not been much studied in human patients, scientist assume that there are still many applications of CBD hemp oil that have not been yet revealed.
A review published by Current Drug Safety in 2011 stated that CDB is well tolerated in human’s body and considered to be safe. The review further stated that CBD does not interfere with pychomotor and psychological functions.
How To Use
There is no ideal serving size of CBD hemp oil. It may vary depending on your age and health condition. However, to start off with CBD hemp oil treatment you can do this following steps:
- Use one drop of the oil under the tongue and hold it there as long as possible. Do not swallow it. You can also smoke it with a vaporizer. Both ways ensure the oil to get into the blood circulation and the brain. However, the first one is the fastest;
- You can take the next dosage after 3 – 5 hours because that’s how long the effect of the oil last. Increase the dosage to one more drop. Do this on the 3 – 5 hours with maximum 3 oil drops.
CBD hemp oil is considered to be relatively safe and there has not been major side effects known. Therefore, you can experiment to figure out the proper serving size of it.
CBD hemp oil is not a miracle oil. However, more and more possitive effects of CBD hemp oil in human’s health are being reported. You can always check with your health facilitators before starting to use it. On the other hand, the legality of CBD hemp oil is different in every country, so please check with your legal authorities before buying it. The more information you gather will help you in making the decision whether to use it or not. I guess this applies in every aspect of our life.
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!