Peppermint is considered as the oldest herbal medicine in the world as it is proven has already been used since 100 centuries ago. It has good antimicrobial, antioxidant, antispasmodic, and anti tumor. The essential oil is extracted with dry or fresh steam distillation, especially its leaves that is commonly used as aroma therapy.
21 Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Our Health:
1. Resolving Digestive Problem.
It helps various kind of digestive problems, such as bloated, nausea, morning sickness, stomach cramp, and irritable bowel syndrome symptoms. The result of the study shows that 75% of irritable bowel syndrome patients who use peppermint oil everyday show such a significant improvement that the patients who use placebo capsule.
2. Healing Cough and Flu.
It is the best medicine for healing cough and flu symptoms since it has such a relieving effects and helps to increase our immune system because it is antioxidant and antimicrobial. Menthol in peppermint is effective to dispel the mucus and sputum. Menthol is the common agent in decongestan in rub medicine that is commonly used to relieve the pain in our chest because of flu. Liquid peppermint oil can be inhaled repeatedly to reduce the flu symptoms.
3. Reducing the Inflammation in Our Mouth and Sine.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil for reduce inflammation in mouth and sine super effective. The inflammation in our mouth and sine can be resolved by inhaling peppermint oil. Menthol is one of the main active agent in peppermint that relieves our respiratory so that we can breathe well. Peppermint can be used topically or brewed as tea to relieve the symptoms of respiratory problems, such as cough, blocked nose, and hard to breathe because of the sine inflammation.
4. Minimizing the Pain.
Various forms of pain, such as headache, toothache, joints pain, muscles pain can be minimized by peppermint. Even though it works temporary, menthol in peppermint brings cold sensation if it is applied to our skin.
5. Reducing Menstrual Cramp.
In relieving menstrual cramp, peppermint acts as a muscles tranquilizer. It has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic traits. Massaging a few drops into our sore muscles will help relieve pain, reduce boating and spasms so that we be free from menstrual cramps.
6. Healing Stomachache.
It is the best medication for stomachache. Simply apply several drops to our feet and stomach and slowly massage that oil in those two areas.
7. Healing Nausea.
It is good for healing nausea. Simply inhale the peppermint oil aroma while deeply breathing. Do it repeatedly until the nausea is no longer felt. However, another healing way is worth trying. Drop one drop peppermint in the tip of our tongue after we make sure that our peppermint is the natural one.
8. Relieving Headache.
The application of topical peppermint oil can reduce the light headache pain. We can combine peppermint oil with another oil before we apply it directly to our forehead, temple or upper sine. Applying peppermint oil in our wrist so that we can inhale it easily will relieve our headache. The research in Germany shows that peppermint has the same power as 1.000 milligram of acetaminophen.
9. Relieving Gastric Pain.
Peppermint oil mixed with cummin oil is good for relieving bloated, stomach cramp, high gastric acid, queasy, and vomit.
10. Resolving Skin and Hair Problems.
Peppermint oil that is diluted in water can be used to solve skin problems, such as rash or dry skin. We can mix it with honey for having the best result since honey is antioxidant and antibacterial that is good for irritated skin. Moreover, it can also be used to wash our hair to calm our scalp and eradicate the lice. Meanwhile, the skin infection, itch, and bacteria infection can be solved by consuming peppermint herbal supplement.
11. Boosting Our Energy and Comforting Stress.
Since it has such a comforting aroma, it can boost our energy and manage our stress, nervousness and mental fatigue as soon as we inhale it. It will be very good if we mix it with lavender oil. Simply put it on top of our head and inhale for at least 5 minutes while we manage our breath.
12. Relieving Tuberculosis.
Inhaling essential peppermint oil can relieve the tuberculosis inflammation which eventually prevents us from suffering to higher level of TBC seriousness.
13. Dental Health and Freshening Our Breath.
Peppermint oil is obviously works more effective than the chlorhexidine, the chemical uses for mouthwash, in preventing biofilm development which eventually creates the cavity in our teeth. Moreover, it also be used for preventing bad breath. We can add one to two drops to our toothpaste. Peppermint oil is also beneficial for treating toothache. Simply gargle peppermint oil with water will relieve our toothache.
14. Treating Breast Cancer.
It can be used to substitute the drugs that causes nausea after chemotherapy. Therefore, it is good for breast cancer patients since it treats hot flashes.
15. Treating Herpes Infections.
It is beneficial for treating herpes infections when applied topically. Because of its lipophilic trait, it is able to pass through the skin which makes it as an ideal treatment for curing herpes infection.
If we are suffer from constipation, we can simply massage peppermint oil into our lower abdomen. It will relieve indigestion pain.
Peppermint also can be used for stopping hiccups. We simply need to apply peppermint oil to both sides of the vertebrae on our neck.
18. Treating Overheat.
One drop of peppermint mixed with 100cc of water is good for get rid of the heat. Put those potions into a spray bottle and spray to our body whenever we feel overheat. Peppermint brings cool effect for our body and makes us relax.
19. Treating Contraction to Expectant Mothers (Real Contraction or Braxton Hicks).
We can use peppermint with warm water to make expectant mothers feel better by applying them in their contraction areas.
Peppermint is very effective to combat fever. Apply 1 or 2 drops of peppermint oil in our soles. Repeat that action every 15 minutes until the fever levels down. Either mix it with warm water for bathing since it will make our blood flows smoothly.
21. Reducing Snore.
Add one drop of peppermint oil in a glass of water and drink it. Either we can apply it in our soles and ears.
Peppermint oil is also usable for massaging since it gives such a relaxing effect and makes our blood flows smoothly. Peppermint acts as a the best agent for massaging since it is not only safe for our skin but it also brings certain impact for our health.
The Benefits of Massaging Using Peppermint Oil:
- Omitting Stress. Soft massages in every part of our body can omit the stress because we feel relax. Body massage is one of the healthy lifestyles. Traditional massage with peppermint oil does not bring negative side effect for our body.
- Makes Our Blood Flows Smoothly. Peppermint oil and precise massage movements, will make our blood flow smoothly. When we are under stress, our blood cannot flow well.
- Lowering Blood Pressure. Everyone may experience high blood pressure disease that is caused by food intake or loaded mind. Our blood pressure can increase at anytime which eventually will bring us to meet fatal situation. To prevent this, body massage with peppermint oil is the best solution since it makes us relax and keep our blood flows normally.
- Enervate Our Stiff Muscles. Stiff muscles is caused by our hectic activities during the day or it can happen after we do sports. It usually comes to us who spent most of their time sitting while doing we work. Body massage using peppermint oil is the best alternative to enervate our stiff muscles and makes our body more relax and more fresh.
- Reducing the Pain in Our Head. Even though massage is usually applied in our body, it brings certain impact to our head. Smooth blood flow to our body will not block the flow of the blood to our head. Therefore, body massage is beneficial for our head.
- Add a drop of peppermint oil in our herbal tea to relieve our digestive problem.
- A drop of peppermint oil is good to relieve the itch in our skin.
- Apply peppermint oil in the area that has been contaminated by poison ivy or poison oak. Mix it first with V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex for having the best result.
- Inhale peppermint oil before and during sport to boost our energy as well as reduce fatigue.
- To increase our concentration and mental awareness, we can drop 2 drops of peppermint oil under our tongue and the area under our nose.
- To relieve motion sickness during the trip we can rub our chest and stomach with 4 drops of peppermint oil.
- Put several drops of peppermint oil into a hot water as a coffee replacement.
- Inhale peppermint oil to reduce our appetizer.
- To reduce the pain in our feet after doing such a hard work, we can mix peppermint oil with water. Soak our feet in it. Try to keep moving them during the soaking process.
The Side Effects:
- To some people, peppermint oil can make their heartbeat slow. Therefore, heart disease patients should be careful in using this oil.
- Menthol allergic will make our respiratory system blocked. People who are allergic to peppermint should not apply this oil.
- Skin irritation (rash, itchy, dermatitis, burns) is another side effect of this oil.
- Massive consumption of this oil will make us dizzy, queasy, tremble, and burning anal, brain damage, and weak muscles.
Expectant mothers, babies, children, heart disease and gallstones patients are not allowed to apply this oil. Therefore, the usage application of this oil should be under herbal practitioner. Whenever we feel the side effect of this oil, we should quickly ask for help medication.
Peppermint Oil is indeed beneficial both for outer and inner treatment of our body in order to make us healthy and fit.