8 Proven Health Benefits of Ezekiel Bread (No.2 Potent)
Ezekiel bread is a type of bread made from wheat, barley, beans, millet, spelled, and lentils. It is called Ezekiel bread because comes from the Ezekiel in the Hebrew Bible, especially Ezekiel 4: 9. This bread is known as the bread that has many health benefits, especially good for weight loss. Actually, what the health benefits of bread and how to make it?
If you curious, this article will tell you about:
- Nutrition Facts of ezekiel bread
- The Health Benefits and how much we have to consume it
- How to make Ezekiel bread
Nutrition Facts of ezekiel bread
One slice of ezekiel bread (60 grams) has:
- 80 calories
- 3 grams of fiber
- 8 percent (4-5 grams) vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- 8 percent (4-5 grams) phosphorus
- 6 percent (2-3 grams) magnesium
- 6 percent (2-3 grams) niacin
- 4 grams of protein
What are the Health Benefits and How Much we have to consume it?
Ezekiel bread produce good nutrition for the body in every slice of it. so, what are the benefits and how much we should eat the bread?
1. Good for diet
Health Benefits of Ezekiel Bread for diet is very amazing one, you can consume up to 25 slices of Ezekiel bread to get fast weight loss.
Calorie is a unit which is used as a measure of energy or the value of an energy released. Usually a lot of calories contained in foods that high in fat, carbohydrates and protein. And foods that generate most of the calories are foods that high in fat, where the calories contained there is as much as 9 calories per gram. And for protein and carbohydrate, it both in every gram only contains 4 calories.
To reduce weight, a person should eat less of caloric needs, in contrast with the increase of weight. Only, do not be too drastic because it would disturb the functioning of the body. Healthy adult males typically requires intake of 2,000 calories per day. While as age increases, the lower the caloric needs. So if you are in a period of diet, you can consume Ezekiel bread slice, as long as not more than 25.
Besides Ezekiel bread, there are other types of bread are low in calories such as Rye Bread, Bread Flaxseed Bread, Pita Bread, Oat and Barley Bread. All types of bread is good for weight loss.
Keep in mind
Calories needed by the body to be burned into a power source. Without power and energy derived from the calories, the body will not be able to do a variety of activities. Low calories your body will also make the body become less productive. This is a big influence why people activity and inactivity requires a different amount of calories. Then you have to consume other food sources to meet your calorie needs, do not just eat bread Ezekiel cause it is very low calorie. Besides it should also be remembered that in a period of growth and development, body needs calories. Then children should not only consume low calorie because Ezekiel bread.
2. Good For Fetus
(you can eat up to 18 slice of Ezekiel bread or more)
Proteins are useful throughout pregnancy to help to build the growth of various types of organs such as the brain, respiratory system, bones, muscles and body contouring system. filliny up the protein during pregnancy will help pregnant women have healthy babies and nutritional deficiencies. The protein requirement for pregnant women is about 75 grams per day. This requirement must be fulfilled from a variety of foods to keep the body healthy pregnant women and fetuses.
When compared to some other foods, Ezekiel bread is a high source of protein. one slice of Ezekiel bread contains as much protein 4 grams of protein, while egg contains 7 grams of protein, 100 grams of shrimp contains only 3 grams of protein and a cup of beans contains 12-15 grams of protein.
Keep in mind!
Although determined by many factors, such as age and activity. generally the protein needs of a person is a person of 0.8 times body weight. So please measure your needs and eat how much Ezekiel bread.
3. Improve Heart Health
(you can eat up to 18 slice of Ezekiel bread or more)
Protein that contained in Ezekiel bread as much as 4 grams in one slice is very important to maintain a healthy heart. Protein can establish special protection for the body to stabilize the cholesterol content in the body which is obtained from food.
Protein could threaten the bad kind of cholesterol that can lead to heart disease risk.
Keep in mind!
You can consume Ezekiel bread as much as your daily protein requirement to maintain a healthy heart.
4. Boost Energy
(you can eat up to 4×18 slice of Ezekiel bread or more)
Protein is needed by the body in large amounts and can not be obtained from the protein in the body. Protein intake will make the body has a lot of energy that can play a role to support a wide range of daily activities. Protein plays an important role to develop memory and various kinds of physical activity.
Keep in mind!
Any protein that enters in the body will be turned into a source of energy when we do activities.
5. Protect the nervous system
you can consume one slice of bread to meet the daily requirement, the requirement of vitamin B1 is 1.5 mg, while one slice of Ezekiel bread have 4-5 grams.
Vitamin B1 helps to protects the nervous system, stimulate the appetite and play a role in muscle function and heart. Thiamin also helps the processing of carbohydrates, fat and alcohol. Vitamin B1 deficiency causes a disease called beriberi, in which patients are unable to process carbohydrates and fats well and developed a variety of symptoms including heart problems, neurological, inflammatory joint pain and lack of appetite.
Need to know!
Vitamin B1 is present in grains, organ meats, peas, peanuts, egg yolks, brown rice, all kinds of meat, potatoes, cabbage, green beans, bananas, and papayas. one slice of Ezeki bread contains as much as 8 grams of vitamin B1. In the same amount, content B1 in one slice of ezekiel bread more than the content of vitamin B1 in pork, which is it only 0.58 milligrams of vitamin B1 in 100 grams.
6. Strengthen bones and teeth
- For 1 to 3 years: 460 milligrams per day (filled with only one slice of Ezekiel bread)
- For 4-8 years: 500 milligrams per day (filled with only one slice of Ezekiel Ezekiel)
- For 9-18 years: 1,250 milligrams per day (filled with only 2-3 slices of Ezekiel bread)
- For 19+ years: 700 milligrams per day (filled with only 1-2 slices of Ezekiel bread)
- For Pregnant and nursing women: 700 milligrams per day (filled with only 1-2 slices of Ezekiel bread)
Dairy products and meat contain a lot of phosphorus. Phosphorus plays a role to made bones and teeth stronger, as well as for proper nerve function. In human nutrition phosphorus is closely related to calcium, because calcium and phosphorus main source of milk, a bone-forming, requires vitamin D for absorption and both were influenced by parathyroid hormone.
Need to know.
One slice of Ezekiel bread (60 grams) containing phosphorus as much as 4-5 grams. This is almost equivalent to milk only 60 milligrams of phosphorus.
7. Healthy digestion
(you can eat 1-2 slices of Ezekiel bread)
An important function of phosphorus is it is help the digestive process in order to work smoothly and effectively. Phosphorus stimulates digestion riboflavin and niacin for the better. Thus, absorption can be maximized and work well.
Exceeded the absorption of other vitamins and minerals, phosphorus content serves directly to address indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, and helps the body to be able to defecate regularly.
It is also to improve the health of the digestive system and kidneys, because the toxins can be removed from the body well.
8. Maintain bone health
- Men aged 19-30 years: 400 mg (equivalent to 2-3 slices of Ezekiel bread)
- Men aged over 31 years: 420 mg (equivalent to 2-3 slices of Ezekiel bread)
- Women aged 19-30 years: 310 mg (equivalent to 1-2 slices of Ezekiel bread)
- Women aged over 31 years: 320 mg (equivalent to 1-2 slices of Ezekiel bread)
- Pregnant women aged 19-30 years: 350 mg (equivalent to 2-3 slices of Ezekiel bread)
- Pregnant women aged over 31 years: 360 mg (equivalent to 2-3 slices of Ezekiel bread)
One slice of Ezekiel bread (60 grams) has 6 percent magnesium, or about 2-3 grams. Magnesium plays an important role in the maintenance of dental tissues, bones, regulates body temperature, metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, muscle contraction and relaxation. If we do not have enough magnesium in the blood, the body will take it from the bones, which in turn can lead to bone loss. Magnesium can be obtained from food sources such as whole grain cereals, whole grain breads, and also in green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds such as; peas and lentils.
Need to know!
Magnesium content in one slice of Ezekiel bread (60 grams) is comparable with spinach 00 grams and 3.5 times more than red grapes, also 2.20 times more in a bioavailable form.
How to make Ezekiel bread
- 2 cups lentils, cooked and mashed
- 8 cups wheat flour
- 4 cups barley flour
- 1⁄2 cup millet flour (grind up millet in the blender)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup rye flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets yeast or 1 tablespoon yeast, in
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and honey and let it sit for 10 minutes and Mix the wheat, barley, millet and rye flour together.
- Blend lentils, oil and small amount of water in blender and bowl with remaining water, then Stir in two cups and Add yeast mixture.
- Stir in remaining salt(1 tbls.) and flour. Then Place on floured bread board and knead until it is smooth.
- Put in oiled bowl and Let rise until double in bulk, then knead again and cut dough
- Place in 4 greased pans, let rise until double in bulk, then bake at 375x for 45 minutes to 1 hour and Enjoy!