28 Health Benefits of Arrowroot Powder (No.21 Amazing)
Arrowroot powder prepared from arrowroot that has been mashed. Arrowroot (Maranta arundinaceous) of the family Marantaceae. Arrowroot much cultivated in the Philippines, Caribbean, and South America to take the tuber, which is a producer of refined flour and easily digestible. Arrowroot powder is one of the best natural source of carbohydrates, easily digestible and easily mixed with other foods. This is why arrowroot powder much in demand as the special ingredient for baby food. Arrowroot characteristics almost similar to canna, including the types of carbohydrates and how to use it.
Arrowroot comes from South America. These plants grow 3 to 5 meters, similar with turmeric, wide leaf, flat and oval. You kwow, Arrowroot utilized are tubers (roots). It cylindrical, its colour is cream, covered with thin scales on the skin surface. Bulbs ready to used to be harvested after 10-12 months.
Generally, Arrowroot used in a way taken the starch by making it as the powder. It can produce the powder about 12-15% of the total dry weight. Arrowroot powder is white, odourless and is used as thickeners for the food industry.
1. Complate source of vitamin and mineral, good for health. In 100g of arrowroot contains:
- Energy 65 Kcal,
- Carbohydrates 13.39 g,
- Protein 4.24 g,
- fat 12.20 g,
- Cholesterol 0 mg,
- Fiber 1.3 g.
- Folate 338 mg,
- Niacin 1.693 mg,
- Pyridoxine 0.266 mg,
- Riboflavin 0.059 m,
- Thiamin 0.143 mg,
- vitamin A 19 IU,
- Vitamin C 1.9 mg.
- Sodium 26 mg,
- Potassium 454 mg.
- Calcium 6 mg,
- Copper 0.121 mg,
- Iron 2.22 mg,
- Magnesium 25 mg,
- Manganese 0.174 mg,
- Phosphorus 98 mg,
- Selenium 0.7 mg,
- Zinc 0.63 mg.
- carotene -ay 11 ug
- carotene -a 0 m
2. Arrowroot is very low in calories. in 100 grams of fresh arrowroot tubers only provides 65 calories, lower than potatoes, yams and cassava. It consists of amylopectin (80%) and amylose (20%). Arrowroot Powder that is odorless used in the food industry as thickeners and stabilizers.
3. Arrowroot powder has high carbohydrates and dietary fiber. The raw root contains 10% of the RDI of carbohydrates, a powder containing 67% of the RDI of this group. Likewise, the amount of fiber is 12% and 31% of the RDI for raw root and powder respectively.
4. Arrowroot contains relatively more protein compared with other tropical food sources such as cassava, banana, and potato.
5. Arrowroot free from gluten. Arrowroot powder free from gluten too, it is used for special meals for celiac disease patients.
6. Root fresh of Arrowroot is a good source of folate. In 100 g arrowroot provides 338 mg or 84% of the level of the body’s daily needs. Folate and vitamin B-12 is one important component in the formation of DNA and cell division. Folate is good when given during the preconception period and pregnancy to help prevent neural defects and other congenital malformations.
7. Arrowroot contains very high of vitamin B complex, such as niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid and riboflavin. This is part of a substrate for the enzyme carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism in the body.
8. Arrowroot contains several important minerals with a high number, such as copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc.
9. In 100 g of arrowroot contained potassium 454 mg or 10% of the RDA. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids, helps regulate heartbeat and blood pressure.
Health Benefits Of Arrowroot Powder very important for your body, from 9 nutrition above we could say that this tuber crops good for you. Another benefits also already proven around the world, many traditional community use this as their main food.
10. Good for digestive health
Arrowroot powder has a high fiber content. Fiber is one of the most important to help digestion, so it can avoid the symptoms and indigestion, such as constipation, diarrhea, and hemorrhoids.
Fiber also helps to move food through the intestines in an efficient manner and stimulates the absorption of nutrients. This can eliminate the problem of blood sugar levels to prevent the onset of diabetes. Finally, dietary fiber can help to clear excess cholesterol, further promoting heart health.
11. As an energy source
Arrowroot powder can be a high-energy source because it contains carbohydrate, fat, and protein that is high enough to help you meet your daily energy needs.
12. Helping The Metabolism
Arrowroot powder is high in vitamin B so that it can be enzymatic and metabolic substances. Vitamin B is very important to regulate metabolic processes in the body, from hormonal and circadian rhythms, all of which require vitamin B.
13. As food reserves
Although not among the types of bulbs are used as staple food, however, the benefits of arrowroot tubers have utility into food reserves during times of crisis. Usually in times of crisis because of spring, crop failure or price soaring. Therefore, tubers of arrowroot are one solution would be the food needs when a crisis.
14. Help the circulation oxygen
A rich blend of nutrients found in arrowroot includes copper and iron. Both minerals are of crucial importance because an important part of red blood cells, which makes arrowroot excellent for preventing anemia.
By increasing circulation in the body, will encourage the circulation of oxygen properly. This is can increase your energy level.
15. for Beauty
One of the benefits of arrowroot powder is as the manufacturer of the powder. This is very beneficial for female beauty.
16. Preventing birth defect
Folate is one type of vitamin B, it is found in high amounts in arrowroot powder. Folate contained 338 mg in 100 gr of arrowroot. This number is quite remarkable. Folate is also an important factor in DNA synthesis and cell division healthy, so as to promote healing fast and healthy growth.
Even studies have shown that folic acid is important for pregnant women because it can help to prevent neural tube defects in their unborn children.
17. Treat wounds
Besides being able to help treat stomach problems, arrowroot mixture of powder and water, are also useful for treating wounds. The mixture of water and arrowroot powder which becomes thick can be an ointment to heal wounds.
18. Overcoming fears of excessive
Celiac disease appears to be a global disease that recently popular. Many people affected this disease and everyone believes, that a diet free from gluten that able to treat this disease. Arrowroot is a substance free from gluten, so it is very popular in recent years because it can prevent gastrointestinal and pain.
19. Help maintain the body’s defenses
Fat is also good to maintain the resilience and strength of the body. With a lot of mineral content, arrowroot tubers are very good for your body, because it can increase energy, stamina and strength of the body at the same time. Consume 100 grams of arrowroot powder in the form of processed foods means that you have to get a lot of nutrients the body needs.
20. Good for the body Developments
when compared with other root vegetables and a starch derived from tubers, arrowroot have higher protein concentrations. By increasing the intake of food consisting of protein, especially vegetable protein will ensure the growth and development to become much healthier. because it is more easily absorbed vegetable protein rather than animal protein.
21. Heart health
the high potassium content in arrowroot powder can be as a substance that prevents heart problems. Potassium is a vasodilator, which means that it relaxes the tension in the blood vessels and arteries, thus lowering blood pressure and reduce your risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke. Potassium is also known as a cognitive enhancer, expedite the flow of oxygenated blood to the brain.
22. Good for brain health
One of Benefits of arrowroot powder is that arrowroot contains folic acid. Folic acid is a compound that has an important role in growth and brain development. This can help improve a person’s intelligence, especially in times of growth.
23. Weight Problems:
Arrowroot is very low in calories compared to other starches such as sweet potatoes, potatoes, or cassava. For this reason, people are trying to stay on a diet can get a wealth of complex carbohydrates and nutrients, as well as a healthy dose of dietary fiber, and eliminate the desire to snack between meals. Arrowroot filling and give you the minerals and vitamins that your body needs.
24. Used as Moisturizer
arrowroot powder used in talcum powder and moisturizer. When used in cosmetics, allowing the active ingredients of cosmetics can be absorbed into the layers of the skin due to the nature of arrowroot capable moisturizes. besides it, Arrowroot also smoothes the skin.
25. Used for Hair Dyes
Due to the nature of the rubber is capable of thickening and able to mix with other ingredients, arrowroot often used in natural hair dyes.
26. Treating Skin Problems
for beauty, Arrowroot light powder is soft and absorbent. It is used in the manufacture of moisturizer and powder. When applied topically, helps dry blemishes, rashes or skin problems due to injuries.
27. as baby food
Arrowroot powder processed easily to digest. This is suitable for babies. It can be used as an alternative to breast milk because it is easily digested.
28. Maintain levels of acid and alkaline in the body
Ash Calcium is the only product of starch contained in arrowroot. calcium chloride, in the form of calcium, is essential for the maintenance of proper acid and alkali in the human body.
No side effects in the arrowroot powder
How to Cooking Arrowroot Powder be the Porridge
Here are some tips serving the porridge of arrowroot powder:
- Dissolve the arrowroot powder into the water, according the desired consistency
- Cook over medium heat, and stir
- add brown or white sugar
- Put a little of bay leaf to add aroma
- Add a little salt
- If the porridge of arrowroot powder almost overcooked and too thick, add water.
- Chill the porridge of arrowroot powder and ready to be eaten