11 Side Effect of Hibiscus Tea (No.6 Must Aware)
Hibiscus tea brings a lot of benefits for our body. The important content of hibiscus tea are:
- Vitamin A, vitamin D, B1 and B2.
- In every 100 gr of hibiscus flower contains 244,4 mg vitamin C.
- High calcium.
Vitamin C in hibiscus tea is 20 times higher than that in orange, tomato, or chili. Therefore, drinking hibiscus tea somehow brings uncomfortable effect for our body.
11 Side Effects of Hibiscus Tea:
1. Lowering Our Blood Pressure.
Low blood pressure patients are strongly suggested not to drink hibiscus tea. Based on a study in Tufts University by Diane Mckay showed that blood pressure of people who consume hibiscus tea in a daily basis drop 7.2 points in their systolic blood pressure.
Meanwhile, people whose in their systolic reading have 129 blood pressure or higher show great response to that tea. Therefore, we are suggested to have doctor consultation prior to take hibiscus tea for our diet so that we know about the preexisting condition we may have after consuming the tea. Avoiding hibiscus tea is best for us if we are under medication for hypertension and low blood pressure.
2. Increasing the Risk of Heart Disease.
Based on the study in Bastyr Center for Natural Health at the University of Pennsylvania, hibiscus tea expands our blood vessel. As a result, the risk of suffering heart disease increased.
3. Hallucination Effect.
We should be aware in consuming hibiscus tea for the first time, especially when we are going to drive a vehicle since it might drive us sleepy which eventually will bring us to more serious and dangerous situation. Hibiscus tea can decrease our focus and concentration. Since is has hallucinogenic effect, it makes many people feel light headed and intoxicated.
Thus, for people who drink hibiscus tea for the first time are suggested to drink it in a small amount in order to know whether they will be impinged by hallucination, especially prior operating machines.
4. Influencing Our Estrogen.
Based on the study held by Guru Jambheshwar Univerrity of Science and Technology in India, hibiscus tea effects our estrogen. It is indeed beneficial for our health. Yet, it also levels down our estrogen. People with low estrogen and those who are using birth control pills are strongly suggested not to drink hibiscus tea.
5. Effecting Pregnancy.
Since hibiscus tea can reduce our estrogen levels, expectant mothers are strongly suggested not to consume hibiscus tea. It is indeed not many research show how hibiscus tea affect the fetus. Yet, avoiding hibiscus tea during the pregnancy is a good idea for precaution action.
6. Interfering Female Fertility.
Based on the research held at the Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology in India said that excessive consumption of hibiscus tea reduces women fertility and effects childbearing. Polycylic hydrocarbons are found in hibiscus tea in which they are associated with cancer and birth defects.
Since hibiscus tea is potential to reduce the level of estrogen, it gives direct effect to women’s reproductive ability. For women who plan to have children are advised not to drink hibiscus tea because its quality to lower estrogen may lead to complications.
7. Medicine Interaction.
Hibiscus tea is able to interact with medicine. When it is used with antiviral substance, it will bring additive effect. Similarly, if it is consumed with anticancer substance, it has anticancer effects. The performance of Chloroquine as a drug that is consumed for resolving malaria decreases when the malaria patients drink hibiscus tea.
Meanwhile, the inflammatory substances such as acetaminophen cannot perform at its best when it is processed by our body if it is consumed with hibiscus tea. Therefore, to avoid the side effects of hibiscus tea, people who take anti-inflammatory drug should wait at least two hours before they can drink the tea.
8. Sleepiness and Intoxicated.
Some people experience sleepiness and may feel as if they are intoxicated after consuming hibiscus tea. The side effect may get worse if the tea is consumed together with alcohol. Thus, it is not recommended to drive a vehicle or operate a machine after consuming the tea.
9. Elevating The Risk of Cancer.
Based on The National Cancer Institute, drinking hibiscus tea should be avoided if we go through radiation or chemotherapy since hibiscus tea can cause complication if it is taken together with the medication. The research concludes that hibiscus tea brings significant impact to the skin and brain cancer cells. This is one of hibiscus tea side effect we should be aware of.
Even though hibiscus tea can be used to prevent cancer, it cannot be used by people who have already been diagnosed of suffering the illness because there is no certain evidence shows that hibiscus tea can eliminate cancer cells once they have formed.
Hibiscus tea can cause allergy for some people. They might develop allergic reactions such as itchy red eyes, sinus, or hay fever after consuming hibiscus tea.
11. DOC (Direction of Cure).
Since hibiscus tea is considered as herbal medicine, it sometimes gives certain uncomfortable reaction in our stomach, such as diarrhoea, stomach ache, and vomit. These are common reactions for people who take herbal medication as its cleanser effect.
It is usually called as DOC (Direction of Cure). It is a reaction that shows the cleaning process inside our body. However, the reaction depends on the patients illness. The reaction effect happens temporary. It usually happens for 3 days or for a week if we consume the tea regularly.
Apart from the side effects it brings, hibiscus tea is powerful to resolve various health problems.
- Increasing our stamina and immunity system.
- Detoxify toxin in our body.
- Levels down blood pressure, uric acid, and cholesterol.
- Resolving cough, mouth ulcer and sore throat.
- Reducing the pain because of migraine.
- Smoothing our skin and reducing wrinkles.
- Reducing our weight.
- Promoting the growth of our DHA.
- Helping the addict to survive their life, for example cigarette addict and drug addict.
- Preventing urinary tract inflammation and kidney inflammation.
- Fixing body metabolism, slowing down menopause.
- Eradicating TBC virus.
- Facilitating our digestive system.
How to serve hibiscus tea:
- Prepare a cup of hot water.
- Put 1-3 petals of the flower in the water.
- Let them for 2 minutes.
- Take our the petals.
- Add sugar sufficiently.
- Add ice if we want our tea cold and more fresh.
To avoid further worse reaction after consuming hibiscus tea, we should know the dosage and consumption rules. Therefore, we should pay attention to the warning.
- Since it brings significant effect to our blood pressure, we are strongly suggested not to drink hibiscus tea every day in a row. If we have consumed hibiscus tea for 10 days, we are suggested not to drink hibiscus tea in the next 5 days. At least the comparison is 2:1.
- Drink a cup of hibiscus tea everyday. A cup of hibiscus tea is sufficient for keeping our immunity strong and burn the fat unless we suffer from acute flue. Consuming 3 cups a day when we are in a terrible flu is suggested.
- For digestive problem patients, it better to drink hibiscus tea after eating.
- If we experience the effect of DOC, we can level down the dosage becomes 1 times a day. When we no longer feel the effect, we can continue drinking it with a normal dosage.
- Hibiscus tea is safe to consume in a long term based on the suggested dosage.
- Going to herbalist for advise is suggested to help us understand the usage and side effect which eventually will bring us to avoid further dangerous side effects.
Even though hibiscus tea is helpful to resolve various health problems, but we should be aware of side effects it brings. By obeying the consumption rules and dosage, hopefully we can minimize the side effects in order to have its most benefits (Read : Health Benefits of Hibiscus Tea).
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!