When you cook rice, do you throw away the water immediately? Or do you leave it? If you are used to throwing the water away, reduce that habit because rice water turns out to be beneficial for us, especially for beauty. In Japan 1000 years ago, rice water is the traditional treatment for a stronger and more beautiful hair. And today, the benefits of rice water extends to the skin. But have you ever thought of the outstanding health benefits of rice water for diarrhea? Well, here they are!
What are its Health Benefits?
- Rice Water Lightens the Skin
Many recommend the use of rice water for treating dark skin patches. In fact, rice water has been a common feature to beauty products such as soaps, toners, and lotions for this particular purpose!
- Rice Water Rescues the Skin from SLS
Rice water can deal with skin irritation caused by sodium laurel sulfate (SLS), a common ingredient found in beauty products. Using rice water twice daily could help rescue the skin from dryness caused by SLS.
- Health Benefits Rice Water is a Natural Sunscreen
Fermented rice water, according to a 2013 study can help improve skin damage caused by the sun by increasing collagen for a supple and wrinkle-free skin. That is how rice water works as a natural sunscreen.
- Rice Water for Improves Hair Quality
Traditionally, ancient Japanese women have been using health benefits of not eating rice water as a solution to get a stronger and more beautiful hair.
- Rice Water for Digestive Problems
Some people suggest drinking health benefits of rice for weight loss water upon getting stomach upset, which also includes diarrhea as well. On the other hand, drinking rice water for this purpose can be dangerous to the possibilities for arsenic, which can lead to cancer, type-2 diabetes, hypertension, and more.
- Rice Water for Dermatological Issues
Rice water is also recommended for treating up skin blemishes as in the case of eczema. Apart from clearing up the skin, applying rice water topically on face can also soothe it!
- Rice Water Solves Vision Problems
Popular belief has it that rice consumption, which extends to the water can help with vision problems such as macular degeneration, which may lead to blindness for the elderly.
- Protects Us from Sun Damage
Chemicals inside rice water is proven to protect the skin from damage caused by sun rays. It works almost similarly to how it is as a sunscreen.
- Rice Water is Very Multipurpose
And finally, health benefits of eating rice everyday water is multipurpose seen from the list of self care products that contain rice water as its ingredient, such as shampoo, facial cleanser, toner, body wash, body scrub and also sunscreen.
How to Use Rice Water for Diarrhea Treatment
- Health benefits of long grain brown rice
- Measure half a cup of brown rice into a large saucepan for one person who will be drinking the water over one day.
- Add cups of water for every cup of brown rice at a ratio of 6:1.
- Boil the rice over to medium heat.
- Cook the rice water at low fire for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove the rice water from heat.
- Strain out the rice water by draining it using a dense material such as cheesecloth.
- Store the rice water inside the refrigerator, and rice water is now ready to be drunk!
That brings the end to the outstanding health benefits of rice water from diarrhea. All in all, rice water has been proven to be beneficial, useful, yet easily found at home. So the next time you cook rice, don’t drain the water immediately.