We know from some articles that we often find either magazines, newspapers, or social media, using facial skin care products from homemade natural ingredients are certainly more secure and comfortable. The current trend is almost all skin care products have been replaced with natural ingredients, especially some plants that have the benefits of balancing hormones and prevent premature aging. Yes, there are many benefits of coriander leaves for face.
One of a very useful plant for facial skin care is coriander leaves, besides that there is also neem leaves which can be useful for health benefits of neem leaves, which have anti-inflammatory or anti-bacterial properties. But actually the coriander leaves is very useful comparing to the other natural plants which used as facial skin treatment.
Coriander leaves not only effective for facial skin and beauty but also it has benefits of coriander leaves for body health. After you know a brief description of coriander leaves, its nutrition value, and its benefits for facial skin, are you curious why coriander is such a powerful natural herb? If you do, keep reading on the article!
Nutrition Facts of Coriander Leaves
Coriander plant are very useful, not only the seeds that serve health benefits of coriander seeds, but also the leaves. It has antioxidants properties can prevent acnes in your face. Then, what the contents of coriander leaves which makes it beneficial for skin especially skin face? Every 100 grams of coriander leaves or also known as cilantro contains:
- 23 calories
- 0.5 g total fat
- 0.3 monounsaturated fat
- 46 mg sodium
- 521 mg potassium
- 3.7 g total carbohydrate
- 2.8 g dietary fiber
- 0.9 g sugar
- 2.1 g protein
- 134% vitamin A
- 6% calcium
- 45% vitamin C
- 9% iron
- 5% vitamin B6
- 6% magnesium
Health Benefits of Coriander Leaves for Face
Have you ever imagined that cooking ingredients we usually use can be beneficial for facial health. Coriander leaves or we often know as cilantoro is a popular Mediterranean herb that is effective and useful to overcome facial skin problems such as acne, dry skin, blackheads, big pores, and many others. Well, read the following explanation and description of the benefits of coriander leaves for skin.
- Eliminate Stains
Coriander is one of the ingredients that can remove stubborn stains on your face. All you need to do is make paste or mask from coriander leaves. You may also read benefits of jojoba oil for beauty try to use jojoba oil besides coriander leaves because it also provides benefits for your facial skin.
- Controls Oily Skin
Coriander has ability to absorb oil from your face. The antioxidant, antifungal, antiseptic, and disinfectant properties help to clear up your skin from many problems. The vitamin C helps to maintain the smooth of skin.
- Prevent Wrinkles
Coriander leaves help to prevent many signs of aging such as pigmentation, wrinkles, and loose skin because of the content of vitamin A. vitamin A helps to fight free-radicals.
- Luscious Lips
Make lip-balm from coriander leaves by taking 2 tablespoon coriander leaves with a tablespoon lemon. Blend them together. Apply it before going to sleep regularly for the best result.
- Reduce Acidity
Eating coriander leaves can reduce acidity and help you remove various skin eruptions. Moreover, it also prevents from allergies and dryness on your face. Related article: benefits of honey on your face
- Remove Dead Cells
Coriander leaves can remove dead cells on face which makes the face look (dullness). Removal of dead cells can make the face look fresh and glowing.
- Glowing skin
Applying coriander leaves with milk, honey, and lemon and blend them together after that apply on your face as face mask will make your face glowing.
- Nourish Skin Face
If you have problems with your skin especially skin face. You can use coriander leaves as skin care to nourish your face and help detoxification and remove unhealthy contents which can harm the health of your skin.
- Overcome Dull Skin
There are many benefits of coriander leaves for face. If you have skin face problems like dull skin you can coriander leaves as a mask. All you need is to prepare coriander powder then stir it with some water. Apply the mask or paste to your face and massage your face for about 5 minutes. Wait it till dry and then wash it with water. You may also read benefits of applying olive oil on skin
- Close Big Pores
Having big pores can be so annoying right? The occurrence of pores is because the dust and dirt. To overcome this problem, make a mask or paste from coriander powder then add it with some water. Apply the mask regularly for the best result. You may also read benefits of tulsi leaves for skin treatment
Best Ways of Applying Coriander Leaves
- Coriander leaves can be applied to all skin types. But you should be a little cautious, especially those who have sensitive skin.
- Coriander is rich in antioxidants that is very good for your skin, such as treating acne and other skin problems.
- Coriander leaves also work on aging skin. So you do not need to be confused to overcome the problem of premature aging on your skin.
- Coriander leaves are beneficial for chronic skin diseases and other skin problems.
- Primary skin requirements such as moisturizers, rejuvenation and freshness can be achieved by using cilantro.
To make a coriander facial skin care and skin scrub, you only need its leaves, then soak them in water for three minutes and use it. So, try the following coriander facial wrap and recipe a skin scrub at home.
Coriander Leaf + Tomato Juice + Lemon Juice + Fuller’s Earth
- First, milled 1/2 a small bowl of wet cilantro in the mixer.
- For coriander pasta leaves, add five teaspoons of the following juice, tomatoes and lemon juice.
- In the coriander, tomato and lemon mixture, add a half tablespoon of multani mitti.
- When the treatment is ready, apply on the skin, let dry and then wash with warm water. It works to brighten the skin.
Coriander Leaves + White Egg + Oats Powder
- First, milled 1/2 a small bowl of wet cilantro in the mixer.
- After that add the egg white to the coriander pan mixture that you have refined.
- Add the whole wheat flour to the coriander paste and the white egg.
- This is a scrub recipe then you should take the time to rub or massage all of your skin. This is great for people who have enlarged skin pores, blackheads or problems with acne.
Precautions and Warnings
Coriander can be harm for some people. The side effects of consuming coriander leaves include allergic reaction and increase the sensitivity of the sun light. The increasing of sun light sensitivity might lead you to get greater risk of skin cancer.
- Bad for Pregnancy and Breast Feeding, breast feeding is very important because it can serve health benefits both for the baby and the mother.
- Allergic Reactions, such as mugwort, aniseed, caraway, fennel, dill, and similar allergic reactions to coriander.
- Bad for Diabetic People, because it can lower blood sugar levels. We know that both lower and high blood sugar level can be very harmful for diabetic people.
- Bad for Low Blood Pressure, coriander might decrease blood pressure.
- Bad for Surgery, it is not recommended for people who just undergo surgery to consume coriander in any form of it.