3 Reasons Lemon Water is Effective For Weight Loss
Have you ever feel that you have been your own version of ‘rat laboratory’? An experimental rat in form of a human, feed with every kind of medicines to try losing weight. People, I have been there and done that. I have tried consuming those colourful pills and drinking diet milk. I even bought one of those slimming suits. Years of unending search and a great deal of money ended up dissapointing. I got to the point where I didn’t care about my body at all, I just swallowed those medicines.
Fortunately, one of my friends informed me about a relatively new perspective in my attempts of losing weight, the natural approach. She told me she had been hearing and reading about this back-to-nature trend. I looked for it online and found out that there are a lot of benefits can be obtained from nature, including losing weight. I decided to try lemon water as it has been a hype for quite a while. Even celebrities swear by it. Although there was no scientific proof that lemon water has anything to do with weight loss, I decided to give it a shot. I think I have made the right choice and I never look back ever since.
Lemon is believed to have first cultivated in Asia, in the regions of Bhurma, China, and India. Most of its production comes from India, according to a data released by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization in 2013. It has been widely for used culinary and non culinary purposes all over the world. Beside the juice, culinary folks use the pulp and zest to make variety of dishes. For non culinary purpose, people use it as a natural cleansing, medicine and room freshener.
Lemon gains popularity from the fact it contains important nutrients for health. In every 244 grams, lemon juice contains of 112 milligrams of vitamin C, 49 miligrams of vitamin A, 32 miligrams of folate, 303 milligrams of potassium. Other essential nutrients from lemon include calcium, fiber, magnesium, phosporus and protein.
Lemon and water, lemon water in short, is a simple yet abundant drink with many benefits for our health. Being high with vitamin C and water, lemon really helps in rejuvenating and moisturizing the skin. Adequate intake of them may lead to a younger-looking skin. Vitamin C is also essential in figthing free radicals which in turn reducing the risk of skin cancer. Vitamin C in lemon water also helps in developing immunity system. Furthermore, it can also help reducing the affects of stress. From my own experience, it has helped me greatly in achieving the ideal weight. Plus, I feel healthy as a horse for most of the time. How, you may ask me?
- Lemon is rich with vitamin C. For every 244 grams of serving, lemon provides 112 miligrams of vitamin C. It is more than the amount of our body needs daily. Vitamin C helps in detoxification. Detoxification may reboot our metabolism. Water is already known to boost metabolism. Metabolism is readily inked to weight loss as it is the process of turning your calories intake into energy. Higher metabolism rate means our body turn most of calories into energy, rather than store them into fat;
- Lemon water is good at gut cleansing. There is a high possibilty of lingering build up waste exists in our gut. Lemon water can help cleansing it and reducing some weight from doing it. I do feel I never experience constipation or any serious digestive problems since I drink lemon water;
- Lemon water reduces hunger. The combination of lemon and water helps reducing hunger. Water can make us full. In the other hand, lemon contains pectin fiber which can reduce hunger as well.
Other plus note, I feel my skin gives off a healthy glow after drinking lemon water regularly. I used to suffer from morning flu frequently. However, I notice that it hardly ever happens anymore.
Here are the suggestions on how to consume lemon water to get the most benefits:
- Nutritionists suggest to drink lemon water first thing in the morning. It is the best time when lemon water can perform its job effectively. I tried it and I love the sensation it gave to my body as a whole. My body feels light and energetic throughout the day. It gives me the kick I need to go thorugh the rest of day.
- Use hot water instead of cold one. Lemon in hot water can activate lycopene which is a natural antioxidant.
- If you have sensitive teeth, I suggest using a straw to avoid direct contact with it.
- You can use the remaining to make lemon-infused water. This is a delicious alternative to keep us hydrated if you do not like to drink only water. Make sure you wash the skin carefully before doing so.
- If you are a first timer drinking lemon water, try to drink it in a small amount because you can feel nausea at first.
- Some people who can not tolerate the acid flavor may add a drop of honey to taste.
You cannot expect a celebrity-look-alike body to happen ovenight from natural remedies like lemon water. Especially, if you don’t convert to a healthier lifestyle. Excercise regularly, consume nutritious food (avoid junk food), and adequate sleep will not only help in achieving ideal weight, but also healthy body.