Drinking a cup of tea is good for our health, mind, and soul because tea is able to restore those 3 functions into the fresh-most state. In addition, there are various types of tea to suit different functions as well as different preferences. For example, licorice and peppermint flavoured tea comes to mind when talking about rejuvenating and relaxing types of tea. What makes them so relieving anyway? Well, below are some superb health benefits of licorice and peppermint tea.
What are its Health Benefits?
- Licorice Tea is Wonderful for Respiratory Health
Licorice roots contain anti-inflammatory properties that could liquify mucus within the lungs and clear any clogged nasal passageway, therefore very effective for treating cough, flu or relieving symptoms of asthma attacks.
- Licorice Tea Relieves Stress
Stress is caused by nonstop production of cortisol by the adrenal gland. Cortisol is also known as the stress hormone, and licorice spice tea is able to regulate its release. This feature allows the adrenal glands could take a break and prevent adrenal fatigue from taking place.
- Licorice Tea Protects Us from Cancer
Several studies indicate that licorice root could potentially aid the treatment of both breast cancer and prostate cancer, which is further supported by the same treatment in traditional Chinese medicine. However, this purpose of licorice is still yet to be globally proven in order to be verifiable for modern medication.
- Licorice Tea for Heartburn
Heartburn or dyspepsia can be cured using health benefits of licorice powder tea, which improves heartburn more by 40% when compared to placebo. Heartburn is similar to gastric, which is the burning feeling that takes place in the mid-upper chest caused by external factors such as excessive spicy food, alcohol, or tight clothing.
- Licorice Tea for the Hair, Skin, and Teeth
Licorice roots contain elements like choline, benefits of potassium, phosphorus, protein, vitamin B, and flavonoids for promoting a healthy scalp and prevent dandruff, hair loss, repair skin damage, as well as curing both eczema plus rashes. As for teeth, licorice spice tea is useful because it prevents tooth decay and cavities.
- Licorice Spice and Peppermint Tea Soothes the Abdomen
Licorice spice tea could help relieve various abdomen issues like stomach pain, food poisoning, ulcer, plus it ignites the digestive tract when constipation occurs, all thanks to glycyrrhizic acid. Similarly, peppermint tea is also able to soothe the stomach, however in terms of relieving gas, bloating, indigestion, or muscle tensions inside.
- Peppermint Tea Relieves Migraine and Headache
Peppermint is a muscle relaxant and a pain killer. The menthol inside peppermint oil increases blood flow and provides a cooling sensation for getting rid of migraine and headache.
- Health Benefits of Peppermint Tea During Pregnancy Freshens Breath
Here is one main feature of peppermint. Peppermint freshens breath because they kill germs that cause bad breath. And in fact, peppermint is able to maintain it on a longer duration! No wonder why so many toothpastes and mouthwashes are made with peppermint flavour or extracts.
- Peppermint Tea Calms Menstrual Cramps
Peppermint’s muscle relaxant properties could calm down menstrual cramps in terms of preventing muscle contractions, reduce its intensity and length.
- Peppermint Tea is Antibacterial
Finally, peppermint is a proven antibacterial plant because its oil is potent in killing and preventing food-borne bacterias like Salmonella and E.coli.
How to Make Peppermint Licorice Ice Tea
- 2 ½ teaspoons of dried licorice root
- ½ cup of dried peppermint leaves
- 4 springs of fresh mint
- 1 benefits of cinnamon stick
- ½ cup of raw honey
- First, pour six cups of water into a boiling pot and boil it at high temperature.
- Add the licorice and cinnamon, stir it, and lower to simmer for 10 minutes by partially covering the pot.
- Remove the heat, add in peppermint, cover and steep it again for another 10 minutes.
- Strain tea while pressing all herbs to extract all liquids.
- Stir in honey until it completely dissolves and let it cool completely for an hour.
- Pour tea over ice in a jug and add mint leaves as desired.
- Peppermint licorice ice tea is now ready to be served for your family and friends!
Those are the superb health benefits of licorice and peppermint tea, which is an all-in-one healthy drink thanks to its fresh ingredients, cooling nature and relieving effect.