20 Proven Health Benefits of Milk Will Surprising You
We bet that you have already familiar with the beverage called milk. Milk is one the healthiest beverage because it contains a lot of nutrients that will be beneficial to support the overall health of the body. The various nutrients that contained in a milk are Vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, niacin, and many more. So, you must be already know that the milk will bring your body a lot of greatness, right? Here are various health benefits that you can get from the routine consumption of milk.
1. Increase Bone Density
This is the benefit of milk that you can deny. In fact, we bet that everyone of you already know that milk would be a good addition to increase the bone density. Milk contains a high amount of Vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and protein. All of those nutrients have a good effect on your bone and would be essential for the growth and the development of the bone.
If you’re getting used to consume milk or other dairy products since you were a child, your bone density would be very good and whenever you get older, you will be avoided from the disease associated with your bones, such as osteoporosis or arthritis.
2. Reduce High Blood Pressure
It is a surprise that consumes milk and other dairy products for about 3 portions per day would be beneficial to reduce the blood pressure level in the body. This is based on many studies. The benefit of milk to reduce the blood pressure not only just for adults, but in children too.
Although the direct mechanism on why the milk can reduce the high blood pressure, but the nutrients that contained in milk like magnesium and calcium might play an important role of this benefit. This is because magnesium is the mineral that would give various benefits of the heart, such as dilate the blood vessels, dissolve blood clots, and many more.
3. Prevent Obesity
If you’re thinking that consume milk would make you fat, you might want to reconsider it. In the matter of fact, many studies have already evidenced that drinking a milk would make your body become slimmer compared with people who are not getting used to consume milk. Specifically, the consumption of milk will make your abdominal area become slimmer and thus, milk is the perfect addition in your healthy diets.
The direct mechanism on why the milk could prevent obesity is also still remains a mystery. But, many studies have already indicated that the calcium in a milk plays a vital role to prevent obesity. People who consume milk will tend to have the full feeling in a short amount of time and thus, it will make them to eat with smaller portions.
4. Prevent Diabetes
Do you know that milk will also beneficial to treat diabetes? According to many health experts, milk will be beneficial to protect people from the type 2 diabetes, no matter what your age is. In the matter of fact, the studies in more than 3000 middle age people, the daily consumption of dairy products can reduce the risk of diabetes type 2.
This is because the dairy product like milk has a high amount of magnesium. Magnesium is an essential mineral that will be very good as the treatment for diabetes. The supplemental of magnesium will improve the insulin sensitivity and lower the rates of insulin resistance. Because of those conditions, you will be more likely to be avoided from diabetes.
- Diabetes Symptoms
- Dangerous Food for Diabetes
- Is Dates Good For Diabetic Patient
- Long Term Effects of Type 2 Diabetes
- Benefits of Okra for Diabetes
- Facts About Banana for Diabetes
- Vegetables For Type 2 Diabetes
- Facts About Popcorn and Diabetes
- Reasons Why Green Tea is Best for Diabetes Patients
- Symptoms of Diabetes In Children
- Is Carrot Good For Diabetic Patient
- Is Tea Good for Diabetes Patient
- Benefits of Brown Rice
- Health Benefits of Aam ka Panna
5. Keep You Hydrated
Drinking milk in several periods of time in a day would be very good to keep yourself hydrated. If you stay hydrated, you will be able to concentrate at the high level throughout the day. If you still think that drinking milk would make you feel dehydrated faster than usual, you need to reconsider it. Milk is a perfect fluid to replenish the fluid loss through sweating, breathing, bowel movements and urinating.
Not just the milk can replenish the body, but this beverage would also be very beneficial to improve the overall well-being of the body. In the matter of fact, a recent study that conducted in the USA found out that drinking chocolate milk will get rid of the exhaust feeling and will help the body to recover faster than usual after exercises.
6. Prevent Cancer
You might be surprised that milk could protect you from the cancer, but this is the true fact. Many studes have already evidenced that the consumption of milk on a regular basis would protect you from the development of colorectal and breast cancer. According to the study that involved over 40000 women in Norwegia, women that get used to consume milk since they were children had a lower risk of developing the breast cancer.
That condition could occur because milk contains a high amount of calcium in it. Also, milk has a natural occuring fat that commonly called as Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) would be very beneficial as the protective components to protect people from the development of colorectal cancer.
7. Good For Your Teeth
Another health benefit of drinking milk is that this beverage could be very beneficial to improve the health of teeth. In the matter of fact, many dentists suggest the milk, aside from water, to consume between the meals because this beverage will be very good to prevent you from the tooth decay.
Milk contains a lot of nutrients which will maintain the health of your teeth. Milk contains calcium, phosphorus, and protein, which all of them will be very good to improve the overall health of the teeth. The protein in the milk will form a thin film will protect the enamel from the loss of calcium and phosphate whenever your teeth are exposed with acids in the mouth.
8. Prevent Cardiovascular Disease
It is a surprise that milk actually can protect you from cardiovascular disease. In fact, milk can maintain the health of the cardiovascular system in the body. Although the main mechanism on why the milk can protect you from cardiovascular disease is still remains unclear, but many health experts say that the calcium compound in milk has been known for its ability to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
According to many studies, calcium will reduce the bad cholesterol in the body and increase the good cholesterol level in the body, which then will maintain the health of the cardiovascular system. Also, calcium can bind the fats in your stomach together and prevent the absorption of them, which then will prevent the rise in the blood pressure.
9. Prevent Stress
Milk turns out to be very good to release the stress feeling in your mind. So, if you’re having the tough day and you want to relax for a while, then drinking a milk would be very beneficial to boost your mood and release the stress feeling in your mind faster than usual.
The question is, why the milk would be beneficial to release the stress? This is because a milk contains a high amount of Vitamin D in it. The vitamin D would be very essential to support the production of serotonin hormone, which is the hormone associated with mood. If the production of serotonin hormone is increased, then you will feel better too.
10. Prevent Allergies
There is also a study that supports the theory that milk would also be very beneficial to prevent the children from allergies. A study that conducted in over 500 children who drank raw milk showed that those children are less likely to develop from allergies up to 50 percent compared to the other children who didn’t get used to consume milk.
Aside from that, the study that published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology has already evidenced that raw milk would boost the immune system, which will protect you from allergies.This is because milk contains various nutrients such as immunoglobulin and probiotics, which are a good bacteria. Those nutrients will boost the immune system and thus, your body will be less likely to have various kinds of allergies.
11. Build Muscles
There is no surprise that milk would be very beneficial to build the mass in your muscle, since the milk will be essential too to maintain the bone density. So, if you want to have a muscular body, then drinking a milk alongside with the routine exercise would be beneficial for you. This is because milk has a high amount of protein, which consist of 20 percent of whey and 80 percent of casein.
The whey protein will be quickly absorbed by the body into the bloodstream, while casein will be digested more slowly by the body. This protein will make you have a muscular body in a short amount of time. Also, the calcium compounds in a milk will be essential too for the growth of your bone and muscle.
12. Tighten Your Sleep
If you have an insomnia or you just couldn’t get a proper time of sleep because you have the sleep problem, then you need to drink a glass of milk, because milk has been known for its ability to support the proper sleep. Actually, this benefit wouldn’t be a surprised since milk will alleviate the stress feeling in your mind and the stress is one of the major factors that make you become insomnia.
Same as the mechanism on how the milk could alleviate the stress feeling, milk could promote the proper sleep because a glass of milk will stimulate the production of serotonin hormone, which will make you feel sleepy naturally. Aside from that, milk contains a high amount of calcium, which is also a natural source to make you feel sleepy afterwards because it will trigger the brain to produce the sleep-inducing substance called melatonin.
13. Prevent Cognitive Decline
Drinking a glass of milk in a regular basis would also be beneficial to maintain the cognitive function of your brain and thus, it will protect you from the disease associated with the cognitive decline, such as Alzheimer’s. This is because the milk has a high amount of Vitamin B12 in it.
Although the benefit of Vitamin B12 in milk for the cognitive function is still further research, but many studies have already evidenced that the vitamin B12 would be very good to prevent you from the cognitive decline. A study that conducted at the Tuft University showed that older people with Vitamin B12 deficiency had the higher risk of developing the cognitive decline.
14. Promote Healthy Skin
We bet that you already know that taking a bath with milk will be very beneficial for the beauty of your skin. Also, you can find a lot of cosmetic products that use a milk as their ingredients. The benefit of milk for the beauty of your skin is really undeniable. So, here are the various benefits of milk for the skin:
- Milk has a lot of amino acids which will moisturize the skin and protect your skin from the damage from the sun.
- Milk also has a lactic acids which will act as exfoliate agent, which will remove the dead skin cells and prevent the clog pores in the skin that will cause the acne to appear in the skin.
- Milk contains various nutrients that will bleach your skin, which will lighten the skin, as well as make your skin become smooth.
15. Promote Healthy Hair
Aside would be beneficial to promote the healthy skin, milk will also be very beneficial too to promote the healthy hair. This is because milk contains various proteins which will essential to support the healthy growth of your hair. Milk contains calcium and minerals that would moisturize the hair and thus, it will protect your hair from the hair loss and any other damage.
To get the full of advantage of milk for your hair, you could either consume it directly, or use it as a shampoo. Using milk as a shampoo will avoid you from the excessive hair loss and will make your hair look naturally smooth and silky. You just need to simply rub the whole milk on your scalp, and then leave it for several minutes. Then you need to wash your hair with the water.
16. Heartburn Eliminator
Milk will also be very beneficial as heartburn eliminator. So, people will tend to experience a heartburn whenever they consume the foods that have too many acids in them. The heartburn will make your stomach will feel uncomfortable and can cause the inflammation in the digestive tract.
So, why the milk would be very good as the heartburn eliminator? This is because milk is a natural antacids, which will naturally neutralize the digestive acid in the stomach and thus, the uncomfortable feeling in the stomach would be disappearing. Also, the cooling sensation after you’re consuming milk will alleviate the heartburn feeling in the stomach.
17. Promote Healthy Digestive System
Since the milk will be very good to alleviate the heartburn feeling in the stomach, there is no doubt that milk will be very beneficial to maintain the health of the digestive system. As you already know, a milk contains a high amount of Vitamin A, which is essential to produce the retinoid acid that would be very important to prevent the inflammation in the digestive tract.
Aside from that, milk is also contains a high amount of Vitamin D, which is an essential vitamin to promote the growth of the new cells and controls the levels of calcium in the body. The right amount of calcium in the body would be very important to regulate the digestion through the nerve cells.
18. Promote Weight Loss
Since the consumption of milk will be very good to prevent obesity, there is no doubt that the consumption of milk will be beneficial to reduce the body weight too. You might think that drinking a milk will make you fat because it is one of the dairy products. On the contrary, the milk contains a high amount of Vitamin D and calcium which are the fat-burning compounds. So, you need to reconsider the common theory that the milk will make people become fat.
Aside from its Vitamin D and calcium compounds, milk also has a lot of water in it, which will make you feel full a little bit longer than usual. That condition then will cause you to eat at smaller portion rather than a big one. So, you’re strongly recommended to consume the milk in between your meal schedule.
19. Boost Your Energy
There is no doubt that drinking milk on a regular basis will be very important to boost your energy. As already mentioned earlier, milk will also be beneficial to replenish the fluid loss after you’re exercising. The consumption of milk will help you to maintain the electrolyte balance in the body and thus, your energy level would be maintained.
Aside from that, the consumption of milk in a regular basis will offer you a lot of proteins and energy, just like the carbohydrates do in your body. As the result, your energy level will be increased. According to the research that conducted at the University of Texas at Austin, drinking a low-fat chocolate milk will give immense physical recovery in the athletes after a vigorous exercise.
20. Promotes Healthy Eyes
Do you know that milk will be beneficial too to promote the health of your eyes. Even if you already have the problem related to your eyes, you need to consume milk on a regular basis too. This is because milk contains:
- A pretty high amount of Vitamin A, which is a nutrient that will be very essential to maintain the health of your retina.
- Milk also has a high amount of calcium. This nutrient will be very beneficial to facilitate the communication between the nerve cells and central nervous system so that your brain can process what your eyes will see.
- Milk also has a protein. The neurotransmitter protein will be essential to facilitate the communication between brain and eyes, and maintain the health of the tissues in your eyes.
Tips To Consume Milk
Now, after you already know all of the health benefits of the milk, there is no doubt that you want to consume the milk as soon as possible. But, you need to check these tips also so that you will get the full advantage from milk. Here are the tips to consume milk:
- Buy the Organic Milk. Many health experts have been suggesting that organic milk is much more healthier compared with regular milk. So, the most beneficial thing from organic milk is that they haven’t been given the growth hormone so that the milk will not contain harmful pesticides and antibiotics.
- Don’t Blend Tea with Milk. If you are one of the people that love to consume a milk tea, then you need to reconsider it. Whenever you’re putting a tea with a milk, then the benefits of tea will be disappeared entirely. So, if you want to consume tea, mix it with honey or sugar instead, while when you want to consume milk, combine it with coffee would be a good idea.
- Buy Pasteurized Milk. If you want to drink a milk and want to get the full advantage of it, then you need to buy pasteurized milk. Pasteurized milk will not contain harmful bacteria and other microorganism just like a raw milk. Raw milk will be dangerous to consume since there might be a chance that raw milk contains a harmful bacteria and microorganism.
- Don’t Replace the Food With the Milk. You need to remember that drinking a milk doesn’t mean that you’re allowed to skip tour meals. Although a milk contains a lot of beneficial nutrients, but you need the nutrients from solid food too. It is not recommended to replace the food with drinking a glass of milk. It is better if you’re drinking milk in between your meal schedule.
- Don’t Drink Too Much Milk. You’re not allowed to drink too much milk, because whenever you drink it excessively, it will be harmful fro your kidney and can develop the kidney stone. But, this possibility is really unlikely unless you’re having a history of kidney stone. You need to combine the consumption of milk with other type of fluids too, such as mineral water.
- Stop The Consumption of Milk if You Have Dairy Intolerance. After you consume the milk and you have the sign of dairy intolerance, you need to stop the consumption of the milk since that will bring a lot of negative effects in your body. If you have a dairy intolerance, try to substitute milk with calcium and Vitamin D rich foods such as broccoli, sprouts, egg, salmon, beef liver, tuna fish, and other dark green leafy vegetables.
Read More Articles About Milk and Dairy Products:
- Health Benefits of Buttermilk
- Health Benefits of Soy Milk
- Benefits of Almond Milk
- Health Benefits of Milk Thistle
- Benefits of Raw Milk on Skin
- Symptoms of Dairy Intolerance
- Health Benefits of Milk Thistle
- Health Benefits of Drinking Turmeric with Milk and Honey
So now you already know all of the health benefits of milk alongside with the tips to consume the milk. Basically, milk is one of the healthiest beverage that you need to consume, as long as you don’t have a problem with dairy products. So, stay healthy!
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!