9 Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss – Secret Recipes
Speaking of weight loss and diet program, the list will be endless. However, some people are lucky enough to have healthy metabolism so they don’t need to suffer problem like weight gain. Unfortunately, most people should really aware about calories they consume, so they would not so shock to find out the number shown in their weight scales. Actually, sometimes people are just too over thinking while the solution to weight loss is actually available in their kitchen all this time. What do you know about benefits of honey and cinnamon for weight loss? If you never heard of it, perhaps its time to learn about this super couple.
- Health Benefits of Honey
- Health Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamons
- Health Benefits of Indonesia Cinnamon
- Weight Loss Foods
What are Honey and Cinnamon?
Before sugar was invented, honey was popular sweetener used by human. Honey is natural substance produced by bees and related insects and packed with super nutrients like vitamins, minerals, certain enzymes and amino acids. There are thousands varieties of honey based on from which flowers the nectar was obtained, so you cannot expect honey produced will be the same in every country, but one thing you could make sure that all honey is beneficial for human health, including weight loss. Besides honey, there is also cinnamon, which is best known as spice obtained from tree’s inner bark. Cinnamon also available in many varieties but there are only two types of cinnamon that are widely consumed by people around the world, the first is from cassia variety well known as Chinese cinnamon and second is from ceylon variety which is well known as true cinnamon and more expensive than the cassia one.
Since ancient time both honey and cinnamon has been used as part herbal medication and food ingredients. As mentioned above, honey has been used as natural sweetener even before sugar was invented while cinnamon is part of spices world that is widely used as herbs, spices and flavoring ingredients for foods and beverages.
- Benefits of Yoga for Weight Loss
- Best Exercise for Weight Loss
- Health Benefits of Lime Tea
- Jamu Juice Benefits
9 Reasons Why You Should Take Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss
If you are one of those people who are striving to find the right diet program so you could keep your ideal body shape or you are who are currently looking for the best solution to reduce the number you usually find in your weight scale, perhaps finding out more about benefits of honey and cinnamon for weight loss could be the alternative solution you have been searching for all this time.
- Speed Up Metabolism
Healthy metabolism is the main key to weight loss. Someone has healthy metabolism when all nutrients obtained from foods consumed are optimally absorbed and distributed while all unnecessary properties were washed away and fat stocked in cells are enough to energy stock only with no excess fats that cause the weight gain.
- Manages Blood Sugar Level
Sugar is a type of sweetener that could harm your health in high dosage but honey will give you the same benefits as sugar but with no sugar rush effect. Cinnamon will help you managing the blood sugar level in your blood stream, so there is no excessive storage of fats in your cells.
- Improves Insulin Function
Insulin has essential function to help your body regulating and managing the blood sugar level in your blood stream. Insulin responsible to turn glucose in your blood into energy and then stock them as glycogen in your cells which could be used as energy whenever you need it.
- Promotes Healthier Digestive Track
The combination of honey and cinnamon are great for digestion. Fungus, bacteria and other parasites are love to attack your digestive track but honey and cinnamon contain some compounds that could clean your digestive track from those unwanted intervention for healthier digestive track.
- Health Benefits of Water and Lemon
- Health Benefits of Mint Water
- Benefits of Brown Rice Tea
- Health Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water
- Gives You Feeling of Fullness
One of the amazing things that cinnamon could do to people in diet is it could make you feeling fullness. By consuming a cup of warm water mixed with cinnamon and honey between meals will help you controlling yourself, so you’re not going to overeating because even before you actually full, you will feel full already.
- Reduces Food Craving
One of the problems that most people take is the hardest challenge during diet is food craving. Actually, the key to food craving is not how to avoid the foods but how you control your stomach. When you feel full, you’re no longer craving for foods.
- Natural Energy Booster
During a diet, sometimes people are feeling sleepy because they should avoid some types of foods that are actually the source of the energy. Well, if that happens to you perhaps adding honey and cinnamon to your diet could help dealing the issue. Honey is the natural source of glucose and with the help of cinnamon that will optimize the function of insulin, glucose will be turned into energy by insulin to provide you the energy you need to do all kinds of activities you want.
- Better Sleep Pattern
Believe it or not but unhealthy sleep pattern could lead to weight gain. It is because, when your body needs a rest, it doesn’t get it, so your body cells are started feeling stressful and your body metabolism will be in a mess. A glass up of herbal tea with cinnamon and honey will make you sleep deeper and wake up feeling energized in the morning.
- Health Benefits of Malay Apple
- Health Benefits of Kiwi Fruits
- Health Benefits of Water Apple
- Health Benefits of Kumquats
- Acts as Natural Body Detox
The combination of cinnamon and honey will give you a special drink that could help you cleansing your body from toxins that could be harmful for your body. By detoxifying your body regularly, it helps improving your body metabolism. As said in the point number one, the key to healthy lifestyle is when your body metabolism is working in its best way.
Cautions of Honey and Cinnamon
The cautions are not occurring because of the combination of honey and cinnamon but how those two substances are reacting in your body.
- Honey is strongly forbidden to be given to infant below one year because it could be very toxic and the effect could be fatal.
- Just like honey is very toxic to infant, certain types of honey is also very toxic for human too. So, it is better to make sure from where your honey comes from. While cinnamon from cassia variety could be really toxic as well when consumed in high dosage but from ceylon variety is quite safer.
- Honey is probably one of those foods considered as super food but too much honey could cause severe abdominal pain.
- If you are allergic to pollen grains, you should be really careful because the chance of you to allergic to honey is higher. Cinnamon could cause allergic reaction to some people too though the case reported is very rare.
- When it comes to blood pressure, honey is probably great for those who have problem with high blood pressure level but it could be a big trouble for those with low blood pressure.
- Honey could be great to manage blood sugar but those who have problem with low blood sugar level should avoid cinnamon at all cost.
- Cinnamon could interact with antibiotic, certain blood thinner drugs and some heart medicines. So, it is better for you to consult your doctor first whenever you want to add cinnamon to your daily diet.
- Foods and Drinks Calories Table
- Health Benefits of Okra
- Health Benefits of Celery and Cucumber Juice
- Bitter Melon Benefits
The Best Way to Enjoy the Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss
Surely you have been wondering since the first paragraph of this article about the best way to enjoy the benefits of honey and cinnamon for weight loss. Well, of course you could always mix honey and cinnamon and then drink them right away but there is no fun with it. Some recipes below may give you some ideas about which way is best to take honey and cinnamon.
Honey and Cinnamon with Lemon Juice in Warm Water
1 Table Spoon Honey
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- Add cinnamon to a mug and then pour warm water.
- Let it cool for a while before you add honey because hot or warm water will destroy some important enzyme contained in honey.
- Add lemon juice and you are ready to burn some fats.
- Health Benefits of Biguerlai Tea
- Health Benefits of Allspice Tea
- Health Benefits of Avocado Leaves Tea
- Health Benefits of Ginger Root Tea
Cinnamon Detox Tea
1 Cup Green Tea
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Teaspoon Honey
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Prepare a cup of green tea with hot water and then add cinnamon stick.
- Let it cool for a while before you add honey and lemon juice.
- A great beverage between meal to help you controlling your appetite.
Iced Apple Cinnamon Tea
1 ½ Cup of Water
1 Teabag with Apple Cinnamon Flavor
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Teaspoon Honey
Some Sliced Apples (round shape for garnish)
- Prepare a teabag in a pitcher with the cinnamon stick.
- Boil the water and the pour it to the pitcher with teabag and cinnamon stick, let it cool for a while.
- After it cool enough, add honey and then cool water to the pitcher.
- Let it chill for one hour before you serve it with ice cube and sliced apple.
- Health Benefits Pomelo
- Health Benefits of Lychee
- Health Benefits of Kaffir Lime
- Sugarcane Juice Benefits
One important thing you should know that there is no magic for weight loss because if yes, there is no chubby Neville Longbottom in Hogwarts because they would always do the magic to deal with the fat. It means, no matter how effective the benefits of honey and cinnamon for weight loss are, still you should aware that everyone is different. Healthy diet, regular exercise and then combined them with the super couple in daily basis are not only able to help you managing your weight but also give you a healthier lifestyle. So, do it in the right way and not in instant way!
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!